Shez Not Afraid to Change Things

Guest AMO

I think the reason Shez is reluctant to change things is that he doesn't see anyone coming in and doing a better job than the people already wearing the shirt.

We do not have a strong squad with a multitude of options, apart from the recognised starting eleven from about thirteen the other options are Thompson and McDonald (no thanks) and then the younger players.

TBH I would like to see more of the youngsters given a chance (especially Trotman and Alessandra), the way things are going currently they couldn't do any worse than the "senior" players they would be replacing and at least they are hungry to succeed which some of the current first team clearly aren't.

Guest oa_exile
I think the reason Shez is reluctant to change things is that he doesn't see anyone coming in and doing a better job than the people already wearing the shirt.

We do not have a strong squad with a multitude of options, apart from the recognised starting eleven from about thirteen the other options are Thompson and McDonald (no thanks) and then the younger players.

TBH I would like to see more of the youngsters given a chance (especially Trotman and Alessandra), the way things are going currently they couldn't do any worse than the "senior" players they would be replacing and at least they are hungry to succeed which some of the current first team clearly aren't.

Think you answered your own post there , i would deffo ring the changes as its plain to see that for whatever reason a few need to be dropped and few not worthy of a recall.

Maybe time to change the system /formation ? as 4-4-2 is not working.

I think their will be a bit of wheeling and dealing come January, we need strenghening everywhere. At the mo i think we are just going to be aiming for a mid table place and at the start of the season everyone was expecting a play off place at least. Shez needs to inject some pace into the squad, we look slow and sluggish all over the pitch.

Maybe its time to blood the youngsters and throw them in at the deep end, they cant do any worse than the seasoned pro's we are witnessing turning out just recently.

I'd be very happy to see him playing on Saturday. He deserves a chance to prove he can get to playing as he was this time last season. Were also really missing his runs into the box from midfield

You mean "another chance" don't you? When he's played lately, we have been missing his runs.....as he's been missing. Not the answer IMO. He's had enough chances.

Anyone listen to the interview on LW :lol:

Stu Vose "Thomopson came on and had quite a decent game" Shez just doesnt speak and blames him for two of the goals later on.

Gary Mac [McDonald] trains like a trojan and is dying for a game -- lots of people are available now and it's up to me. If I see people not doing it then I will leave them out because we need results."

Get him in.

Bloody hell things are bad if we're calling for out of form Gary McDonald to be recalled to the team.

You mean "another chance" don't you? When he's played lately, we have been missing his runs.....as he's been missing. Not the answer IMO. He's had enough chances.

He hasn't had a run in the team recently. He's had the odd appearance here and there but not a run in the team and if Shez is right about how is he training then he deserves it. There is no alternative, KK is a playmaker and doesnt make runs into the area, JP and Allot both do well breaking up the play but offer very little going forward.

I think their will be a bit of wheeling and dealing come January, we need strenghening everywhere. At the mo i think we are just going to be aiming for a mid table place and at the start of the season everyone was expecting a play off place at least. Shez needs to inject some pace into the squad, we look slow and sluggish all over the pitch.

Maybe its time to blood the youngsters and throw them in at the deep end, they cant do any worse than the seasoned pro's we are witnessing turning out just recently.

i doubt very much he will be given more funds,from the owners point of view he has had plenty of backing(cash wise) and so far hasnt exactly bought outstanding players.

i wish he would change things around.

mcdonald deserves another chance,move davies to left wing where he seems to like it,and move taylor to right wing.

keep to 4-4-2 but have the l/r defenders moving up to cover midfield positions when we attack.

oldham always play best with wingers.

and stop hoofing it upfield.get it down and play it along the pitch.

I don't think Shez can be being ruthless enough. I would stand them against a wall, ask if they are prepared to play a full 90 mins and if not stick them in the reserves. He has got to command some respect from them - they are professionals after all. If they say they will play for the shirt and they don't, a spell in the reserves. He needs to show them who is boss, and get some results.

Like a line from Shameless.

"If Macca/(Frank) is the answer. What the *bleep* is the question?"

Taylor needs to be dropped. Push Bertrand up to left mid/wing

Lol....Oi....I used that one the other week! :wink:

We must be desperate if people are calling for his return....all this about "a run in the team" etc....why? He's had his chances....not good enough....nowt's changed since the last time he got dropped for being gash (Southend at home)....

-------------------

boundaryblue80: Sep 17 2007, 18:37 PM

Nah....nowt to do with getting him used to playing regularly. Gary Mc lost his place to Rocky for 3 games in March (Carlise & Brentford away & Donny at home.) After Rocastles awesome display vs Swansea, he was astoundingly dropped the very next game in favour for Gary who went on to play 11 out of the last 14 league games, including the last 7 in a row. He came here, played well for 2 or 3 months. Got a few goals and has disappeared since...having just the one good game at Scunny vs 9 men and scoring a crucial goal. It's very very sad to see the demise of a potentially decent player, but for me, he was found out at this level.

Like a line from Shameless.

"If Macca/(Frank) is the answer. What the *bleep* is the question?"

Taylor needs to be dropped. Push Bertrand up to left mid/wing

If we are going to push bertrand up to left mid who slots in at the vacated left back slot? This is part of the problem at the moment we have a distinct lack of cover on that side of the pitch thats why we can't drop taylor (who needs some time out of the team) as we have knowone who can come in. yet at the same time we have 3 players who can play on the right Smalley, Liddell, and Taylor the squad looks alittle unbalanced.

If its at all possible in january we need atleast 1 more left sided player either left back or left midfielder because we are weak interms of depth down that side.

If we are going to push bertrand up to left mid who slots in at the vacated left back slot? This is part of the problem at the moment we have a distinct lack of cover on that side of the pitch thats why we can't drop taylor (who needs some time out of the team) as we have knowone who can come in. yet at the same time we have 3 players who can play on the right Smalley, Liddell, and Taylor the squad looks alittle unbalanced.

If its at all possible in january we need atleast 1 more left sided player either left back or left midfielder because we are weak interms of depth down that side.

Lomax.

i doubt very much he will be given more funds,from the owners point of view he has had plenty of backing(cash wise) and so far hasnt exactly bought outstanding players.

i wish he would change things around.

mcdonald deserves another chance,move davies to left wing where he seems to like it,and move taylor to right wing.

keep to 4-4-2 but have the l/r defenders moving up to cover midfield positions when we attack.

oldham always play best with wingers.

and stop hoofing it upfield.get it down and play it along the pitch.

edhunter for manager, i hope sheridan is reading it, but very much doubt it. do these things and we will be much better

"We need pace all over the pitch"..........We were saying the very same all last season were we not!! We still have only one player with genuine pace when we were crying out for it all over the place!

Shezza said he learned a lot from last season and that he knew what he wanted for this season. He talked about players being quiet on the pitch and this season the same applies.

Only time will tell but I think he's made mistakes with some of the players he has signed this season. I think Thompson was signed on the strength of a decent loan spell at Tranmere but was he watched regularly before we bought him.

Did shezza really want Hughes, he may yet come good,however, maybe it wasn't his decision.

Ricketts on a 3 year deal was another gamble that so far hasn't paid dividends. I can't understand why we didn't keep the likes of Warne for one more season and why we had to spend our total budget before the start of the season is another puzzler.

Shezza has said that he's not scared to drop his stars if they aren't performing but apart from Thompson where he didn't have much choice he's shown amazing loyalty constantly playing people who are obviously struggling.

We are going to have to move players on to get some new faces in but who are the saleable assets and who will be available within our budget.

I think we need to go with what we've got for the remainder of the season and hope we can get them gelled as a team. We must have changed more players in the last couple of years than ever before and it just hasn't worked out.

It's been said before that on paper we have as good a side as anybody in this division, Shezza has to turn theory in to reality and I reckon he's got the rest of this season before TTA take action.

They've backed all their managers to date since buying the club but there's no way that they'll want wholesale changes again at the end of this season.

Changing the playing staff at the end of every season just doesn't work!!!