Now That's How You Support A Football Team!

371 Blues at Forest, apparently. Huge credit to each and every one of them who got behind the team tonight. By my reckoning we sang for at least 75 minutes of the 90.

:applause1::imnotworthy:

OUTSUNG BY 200 FANS, OUTSUNG BY 200 FANS :grin:

Appreciated by Trotman ..... linky

"The fans were excellent -- they were heavily outnumbered but it was them making all the noise throughout the game. They encouraged us, we encouraged them and they just helped us along."

371 Blues at Forest, apparently. Huge credit to each and every one of them who got behind the team tonight. By my reckoning we sang for at least 75 minutes of the 90.

:applause1::imnotworthy:

OUTSUNG BY 200 FANS, OUTSUNG BY 200 FANS :grin:

I didn't mention the group of lads who also sang for much of half-time under the stand :applause1::D

Appreciated by Trotman ..... linky

"The fans were excellent -- they were heavily outnumbered but it was them making all the noise throughout the game. They encouraged us, we encouraged them and they just helped us along."

It makes a big difference when the manager or players give positive feedback about the support.

Different Class !!

It makes a big difference when the manager or players give positive feedback about the support.

Different Class !!

It's the same old story wherever we go in smaller numbers because it's normally the loyal fans, familiar faces who sing there hearts out, rather than when we take thousands to Huddersfield, Tranmere etc & don't make that much noise.

Long live the low travelling numbers i say.

It's the same old story wherever we go in smaller numbers because it's normally the loyal fans, familiar faces who sing there hearts out, rather than when we take thousands to Huddersfield, Tranmere etc & don't make that much noise.

Roll on Bristol Rovers away on a Tuesday night!

Jolly good for you 200 "Loyal" Fans, so are the ones that were working, had family commitments, couldn't afford it not Loyal fans.

Jolly good for you 200 "Loyal" Fans, so are the ones that were working, had family commitments, couldn't afford it not Loyal fans.

I think it could have been worded better, but it does seem that the atmosphere is often better with smaller numbers.

It seems to work something like this:

Of 300 Latics fans there last night, let's say 200 were singing.

Let's also assume that they travel to every game.

If we then assume that of the additional 1200 fans in a crowd of 1500 only 100 sing

It's then a case of 200 out of 371, all stood together

or

300 out of 1500, split up across the crowd.

Hence the better atmosphere in a smaller crowd.

371 ! That's a poor show really. Just shows how down-hearted the fans are this season.

Wasn't so much a dig at anyone, worded incorrectly? Probably not, there are certain fans you see everywhere no matter how bad, how far we have to travel, when the game is, where it is, what competition. The majority were there yesterday, they know who they are.

No disrespect to any stay aways you have your own reasons i'm sure, should they be family commitments etc.

Still disgusts me how they all crawl out when we are doing well though & make us have to queue to get tickets for games etc.

Just my own opinion. See you all on sat :)