Now That's How You Support A Football Team!

Wasn't so much a dig at anyone, worded incorrectly? Probably not, there are certain fans you see everywhere no matter how bad, how far we have to travel, when the game is, where it is, what competition. The majority were there yesterday, they know who they are.

No disrespect to any stay aways you have your own reasons i'm sure, should they be family commitments etc.

Still disgusts me how they all crawl out when we are doing well though & make us have to queue to get tickets for games etc.

Just my own opinion. See you all on sat :)

An apology followed by another 'dig'.

Wasn't so much a dig at anyone, worded incorrectly? Probably not, there are certain fans you see everywhere no matter how bad, how far we have to travel, when the game is, where it is, what competition. The majority were there yesterday, they know who they are.

No disrespect to any stay aways you have your own reasons i'm sure, should they be family commitments etc.

Still disgusts me how they all crawl out when we are doing well though & make us have to queue to get tickets for games etc.

Just my own opinion. See you all on sat :)

Seems like you're a bit up yourself because you can get to every game. Are we all ranked as fans on the number of games we can attend? I've been to every game (in all competitions) except Hartlepool but I will be missing Orient because I don't have the money and I have 2 projects in next week for my degree, am I not a real fan because I won't go to a match whatever the cost?

Edited by LeylandLatic

I think it could have been worded better, but it does seem that the atmosphere is often better with smaller numbers.

It seems to work something like this:

Of 300 Latics fans there last night, let's say 200 were singing.

Let's also assume that they travel to every game.

If we then assume that of the additional 1200 fans in a crowd of 1500 only 100 sing

It's then a case of 200 out of 371, all stood together

or

300 out of 1500, split up across the crowd.

Hence the better atmosphere in a smaller crowd.

Ive been there through the bad times and the 1st Round FA Cup replays hundreds of miles away on a cold & wet midweek night, also had a season ticket for the last ten years and follow Home and Away. I queued from 4am for Play Off tickets etc etc etc etc i could go on. It is only this season that i have missed the odd game and that is only because i have started my own business and need to work very long hours. I don't consider myself any different to the rest of the people who follow the boys when they can.

Just because you had the desire to change your name to Mr whatever (Oldham Athletic) whatever* and have been in the paper a few times and have loads of spare time and money on your hands to attend every game, it doesn't make you any better or more loyal than other fand who couldn't make the game on Tuesday or any other times for their own reasons.

It really does annoy me when i here this group of "Super Fans" going on about how they go here and there with the team, who are friends with the players just so they can say to their mates "Im mates with a player from Oldham Athletic). Why do you have to ram it down other fans throats.

Edited by amoweb

It is only this season that i have missed the odd game and that is only because i have started my own business and need to work very long hours. I don't consider myself any different to the rest of the people who follow the boys when they can.

I think there are a lot of loyal fans like yourself who, through the stage in their life at present, can't make it to every game. I personally (due to my own personal circumstances) struggle to make Saturday matches at the moment, which is why I try to get to as many midweek games (Reserves games in the Midlands included) as possible. I was a week in-week out supporter for many years and, when my circumstances change, I will be again.

How many people over the age of 40 are there who have watched Latics home and away, week in-week out every season for the whole of their life? Very few, I would imagine.

Full credit must go to those who do travel all over the country with Latics, we all have our own personal cicumstances and those who manage to work manage to go to every game in spite of other commitments should be applauded. It is often too easy to criticise those that can't, though.

KtF

I didn't mention the group of lads who also sang for much of half-time under the stand :applause1::D

That'd be me, lloydy and co following our lovely chat with the stewards - realising we werent getting anywhere.

R.O.A.M is correct. It's always the same old faces on many away trips and i'm guessing the same goes for pretty much every lower league club bar Leeds and Forest. No matter how well or how well we're not doing. It'll be the same few who make the journey no matter what. I dont like how people who dont go long distance trips or any away games snipe at those who do and visa versa. No one goes to an away game with the intention of 'ramming' it down someone's throat, that they went so and so and whoever didnt. I'm guessing what R.O.A.M meant wasnt an insult too those who cant go, more of an applause for those that can and support the team through thick and thin.

I personally like the difference you get with both the small following and a big following.

That said. I think there will be 150 or so people dreading a draw in next weeks FA CUP as it'll mean we have to go to that soulless cardboard cutout ground that is Doncaster Rovers Keepmoat stadium another two times this season.