Ricketts Gone

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think someone has thrown their toys out of the pram ....

IMO - I dont know what shez is doing ??

At forest we needed an old head in the last 10 mins to poach in front of goal ....

Smalley. Wolf and Alexandra are ok but not the quality thats going to get us winning games !

Cant see MR coming back !

At forest we needed an old head in the last 10 mins to poach in front of goal ....

Smalley. Wolf and Alexandra are ok but not the quality thats going to get us winning games !

When is Lee due back ?

He was and is total rubbish. I wanted him to excel but clearly he was not fit for purpose.

was gutted when we signed the big useless turd and hasn't proved otherwise really. He was pooh at 'Boro, Burnley, Cardiff, Southend etc... England international my arse! He played an anonymous 45 minutes in Holland before Sven realised just how crap he was. Neat touches yes but no end product and an unwillingness and lack of desire to actually shoot or get on the end of things. What a mistake to give him three years. Give the kids a go I say. And I hope to God that Walsall are stumping up his wages! Onwards on upwards with players who have desire. Respect to Shez for realising he dropped a monumental bollock so early! And having the balls to do something about it!

Sorry mate but Ricketts hasn't the desire to be a poacher. How many times has he got on the end of things since he's been here? How many shots has he had? Its ok making flick ons and playing premier league balls to third didvision players, his problem was he wanted the rest of the team to adapt to his so called superior football brain, when in reality he should have kept it simple. He was and will forever be a one season wonder at Bolton and i'm gutted we gave him 3 years when so much more was available for the money we've undoubtedly gave him. Surely we could have kept Porter or Wellens for the package this clown is on?

Guest sheridans_world
I've never known a player divide opinion so strongly, I am convinced we would have beaten Forest if he'd played - but clearly there has been something extra going on behind the scenes. All very strange.

Premiership attitude, ala El Haj Diof and Anelka, both think they are bigger than what they really are, I suppose Ricketts is the same...

A good percentage (must be at least 80%) of his wage of the bill will be good, should take some pressure of Shez and he should be able to bring in one if not two players.

Couple of young strikers on loan from prem, maybe a winger? Who knows?

I doubt its the last we have heard of Ricketts though....

I think it's a good move myself. He wasn't really impressed me at all when I've seen him play this season. I think signing Ricketts has been Sheridan's biggest mistake to dateand I think he is realising it himself. The length of contract we signed him on was far too long for a striker who hasn't been firing for years. Woflenden is a better target man!

FTAO Wardle

From the highlights I've seen mate, I think Hughes was the man we needed a fit Hughes would scored at least two the other night with the quality of football and balls into the box. At least there shouldn't be anymore HOOF now!

Do you think Ricketts asked for the ball to be hoofed to him? Whatever has happened, it's hardly right to blame him for the fact we've had no midfield this season.

baffled.

mmmmmmm...

more to this than the 'fissal report says.

nice to see coco :clown: having a SMILE

happy now?

could be personal reasons,could be a clash with someone,could be so someone else can come in,could be purely financial,but coco :clown: says its cause hes crap...

hope you're not going to orient tomorrow..we want fans to ENCOURAGE the team,not put them down.

Do you think Ricketts asked for the ball to be hoofed to him? Whatever has happened, it's hardly right to blame him for the fact we've had no midfield this season.

Ricketts didn't play the other night and from the highlights we were playing it to the wings and getting balls in, imo regardless if Ricketts was playing he hasn't the desire to get on the end of things so the players run out of ideas and just lump it up to him. How many times has he got on the end of things this season? How many saves has he made the keeper make. The guy is ineffective and doesn't have the desire. I'm positive he won't score more than 4 or 5 goals for Walsall. If he does i'll be amazed. Hopefully Hughes will now come good and his past off-field antics aside, he's looked incredilby hungry and chases everything. Whilst I still would've liked to have seen Hughes and Ricketts with Davies pushed wide, it seems that some of our original fears were confirmed and that Ricketts just isn't right for our club.

Edited by oafcprozac