Convo with Smalley's mum

just spoke to smalley on the phone told him about this and he found it well funny. he said it wasnt true and if his mum said this then he will be having a word with her for lyin but hes 99% sure that she didnt say anything like this and the guy who started it just made it up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player in 'raising his game on his debut' shocker :shock: !!!!!

Just to recap for you Cocko...

2:56 Header by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) from centre of penalty area (6 yards), comfortable save (caught) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

31:56 Outswinging corner from right by-line taken right-footed by Michael Dobson(Walsall) to centre, shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) right-footed from left channel (18 yards), save (tipped round post) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

35:02 Header by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) from centre of penalty area (6 yards), hit bar.

48:44 Shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) left-footed from left channel (20 yards), save (tipped over) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

66:36 Shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) right-footed from left side of penalty area (18 yards), blocked by Michael Townsend(Cheltenham).

72:00 Walsall substitution: Michael Ricketts replaced by Troy Deeney (tactical).

Just to recap for you Cocko...

2:56 Header by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) from centre of penalty area (6 yards), comfortable save (caught) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

31:56 Outswinging corner from right by-line taken right-footed by Michael Dobson(Walsall) to centre, shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) right-footed from left channel (18 yards), save (tipped round post) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

35:02 Header by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) from centre of penalty area (6 yards), hit bar.

48:44 Shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) left-footed from left channel (20 yards), save (tipped over) by Shane Higgs(Cheltenham).

66:36 Shot by Michael Ricketts(Walsall) right-footed from left side of penalty area (18 yards), blocked by Michael Townsend(Cheltenham).

72:00 Walsall substitution: Michael Ricketts replaced by Troy Deeney (tactical).

Sums our team up if he had all those opportunities.

And we tonked Walsall 3-0!!

just spoke to smalley on the phone told him about this and he found it well funny. he said it wasnt true and if his mum said this then he will be having a word with her for lyin but hes 99% sure that she didnt say anything like this and the guy who started it just made it up.

As I said at the start of this topic, i did not post this as the gospel truth, im not even 100% sure its his mother, i dont know her that well, but why would she lie? granted she is his mother and would probably put a mothers spin on it, but as i say, ive just past on what ive heard.

call me a liar if ya want, no skin off my nose

You're not sure it's his mum, but well, she is his mum so she'll put her spin on it. Despite you not being sure that, erm, it was his mum...but well, it could've been....

Lol....erm....sure! :grin:

end of the day bb ive been in a buttie shop, found out a players mother works there and heard a bit of gossip, which is all it is at the end of the day. ive posted it on here for others too read and thats the end of that. you believe it, or dont believe it. either way doesnt bother me, but if we didnt have bits of gossip about on these boards they would be redundant.

Havent read all the other topics on this so i apologise if this has been said.

just been to the butty shop near work and Dean Smalleys mother works in there. Just found out Ricketts Has left the club due to a blazing row with sheridan on thursday night, regarding his axe from the squad. apparently Ricketts was told a couple of weeks ago the kids would be given a chance if he didnt up his game. the following training session, Ricketts went in to a a challenge with smalley and (by all accounts, remember i was speaking to smalleys mum) intentionally high tackled and put smalley out for another four week.

I know its only hearsay, but if a player at boundary park is going around injuring his team mates to stop them taking his place in the starting 11, or at least challenging his place, he has no place at my club, or indeed at any club in proffessional football.

sounds good to me. especially as smalley started today and not wolfy, shez was making his point there. esides why should smalleys mother make it all up?

defo made up smalley has spoken to his mum and she hasnt even been to a buttie shop this week haha hard look lad try makin somethin else up next time. i might have believed it if i didnt no smalley, good job i do and phoned him up as soon as i saw this. deane has founed this funny though

Havent read all the other topics on this so i apologise if this has been said.

just been to the butty shop near work and Dean Smalleys mother works in there. Just found out Ricketts Has left the club due to a blazing row with sheridan on thursday night, regarding his axe from the squad. apparently Ricketts was told a couple of weeks ago the kids would be given a chance if he didnt up his game. the following training session, Ricketts went in to a a challenge with smalley and (by all accounts, remember i was speaking to smalleys mum) intentionally high tackled and put smalley out for another four week.

I know its only hearsay, but if a player at boundary park is going around injuring his team mates to stop them taking his place in the starting 11, or at least challenging his place, he has no place at my club, or indeed at any club in proffessional football.

To be honest if rickkets did injure smalley it would be doing latics a favour. Because he is pathetic to say hes got a proffesional contactand rickkets is just as usless to good for league yh right i think that statement will deffinetly back fire on shez.

To be honest if rickkets did injure smalley it would be doing latics a favour. Because he is pathetic to say hes got a proffesional contactand rickkets is just as usless to good for league yh right i think that statement will deffinetly back fire on shez.

just as a matter of interest....what butty did you have.....lol

WTF :shock:

So you think that one Latics player injuring another in training is a good thing and would be beneficial to the club.

Unbelievable.

'Yh m8'

YOU TALK :censored:.

Edited by LaticsLegend

The butty shop where Dean's mum works is in Failsworth on Oldham Road. I know the owner, Alison and I've been going in for years ever since I worked down that end about 10 years ago. Lovely set of girls in there, always happy and they do a gorgous brekkie too.

So yeah, a plausable source for this. I knew something had happened behind the scenes for Ricketts to go so suddenly. If it is true (of course, it's still hearsay and 'someone who knows someone else told me...') then surely there'll be an investigation and Ricketts could get sacked?

The butty shop where Dean's mum works is in Failsworth on Oldham Road. I know the owner, Alison and I've been going in for years ever since I worked down that end about 10 years ago. Lovely set of girls in there, always happy and they do a gorgous brekkie too.

So yeah, a plausable source for this. I knew something had happened behind the scenes for Ricketts to go so suddenly. If it is true (of course, it's still hearsay and 'someone who knows someone else told me...') then surely there'll be an investigation and Ricketts could get sacked?

defo made up smalley has spoken to his mum and she hasnt even been to a buttie shop this week haha hard look lad try makin somethin else up next time. i might have believed it if i didnt no smalley, good job i do and phoned him up as soon as i saw this. deane has founed this funny though

nesbitt1988 has carried out his own investigation and it seems it's not smalley talk after all.

nesbitt1988 has carried out his own investigation and it seems it's not smalley talk after all.

I've no idea whether it's true or not. But what I do know is that his mum does work in the Village Pantry on Oldham Road, Failsworth. Or she did do as of around September when I last went in.

I was just confirming that part of it.

I've no idea whether it's true or not. But what I do know is that his mum does work in the Village Pantry on Oldham Road, Failsworth. Or she did do as of around September when I last went in.

I was just confirming that part of it.

Im with you Mr Shankly, thats as much as i can confirm as the truth. just passing on what i hear to the masses.

honest thats what he told me. i no deane from school and i stil speak to him regular

By my comment I meant that it seemed not to have come from Mrs. Smalley therefore throwing doubt on zane.89's story.