just got back ..

Exactly - I do not hink we have a problem with our strikers - Huges, smalley, wolfy and Davies (just) are all cappable of putting the ball in the net - the comment above says I have written the post diplomatically, I have - without that cutting edge we could have the worlds greatest striker there and we would make him look ordinary.....

Tyalor looked brighter today, liddlel was typically functional, KK showed occasional sparks, and Gmac lively, but powerpuff - but still better than allott and Kalala.. however, the most dangerous ball into the box came from bertrand... we ned more.... I was pleased with today... but as you say we still lost and everyone left with the feeling something is missing....

with ricketts gone and one of the centre back to go (and judging by the rumour mill bertie big balloons Kalala close to the exit door too), that money has to be spent on a midfielder, and hopefully a winger.... I do not want to see another striker here... there is no point, Porter showed any carthorse can score if it is put on a plate.... however at the moment it is not even getting near the plate... lets stop making our strikers look ordinary and give them a bloomin chance...

As I say... mildly deflated but positive after today - and to continue your comment - we cant change our luck - only shez can, and from the sounds of things his sword is being wielded, and cuts and additions are being made in the right places....

anyway we have a winge..r uusally senor coconut lol

More than we've done in the last 3 games....so who's the new target Cocko? I think you should start on that Paul Black in the youth team next....he's not had a chance in the first team yet! Get in early and you can maybe end his career for him early....save you doing it later on when he's on the fringe of the first team!

Talking of picking out young tagets for abuse, Smalley made a gaff in the first half, and some blokes came down on him like a ton of bricks, dismissing him as f-ing useless. A 13 year old girl wearing a shirt with Smalley's number and name on it (the first one according to the Latics shop) was the subject of verbal abuse from four blokes sat behind her because she was wearing his name and he had made a mistake. Absolutely disgusting - call themselves supporters - they don't know the mean of the word encouragement. :angry:

anyway... back to football and todays game...

just got back from the game myself... and as mark says, think we are all feeling a little bemused, there was not a player on the pitch that played badly today, everyone did there jobs, played some great passing football in midfield, some stalwart defending meaning they had 1 shaot all game, pride, belief and passion wera all evident..... but yet again we have absolutely no cutting edge, and it felt like although we were utterly dominant, we could have played for 180 minutes and not really look like scoring...

For me Bertrand was brilliant today, with Stam and Trotters close behind him - however these guys do not win us games... and we need some cutting edge.. smalley looked bright and strong, however he made passing mistakes, and missed a sitter - Davies was lively, but utterly innefective..... and as mark says, it wasnt until Hughesy came on that we actually threatened seriously...

Now... theres the rub - Hughesy, even in 20 minutes this guy looks brighter and more threatening that we have done in the past 5 games combined... he is not the answer on his own - but get this guy fit and he will score goals...

... however, we still need to get some service to him.... no-one in midfield did badly today, however there just wasnt that spark... with ricketts gone, and trotman and stam looking strong, then surely we do not need one of Hazell or Thommo (think we all know who we would rather keep) - surely without ricketts and a CB we can look to bring someone in in the midfield, and crate that cutting edge...

So.... as Mark says - a competent performance, some great passing, som massive plusses (the younger players and hughes) - but still the same old result... our luck will change, but we need a kickstart....

WTF I went to Orient where the :censored: did you go?

Eardley never found a pass going forward,

Stam lost there number five on every set piece and marked trotman most of the time giving them a spare man on every break,

Davies wanted five touches when one would do,

Smalley marks himself out of the game

Taylor never beat a man etc etc………

Where was this midfield passing you were on about because it wasn’t linked to attack.

Orient were there for the taking and we looked like strangers on the park today.

I wonder about this board I really do! Did you go for a drink before the game?? lol

Sheridan said after today’s game he’s flogging a dead horse, perhaps he needs these rose tinted glasses you seem to have.

Honestly folks I know I am not Mr popular but you must be cr@p on championship manager lol.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

WTF I went to Orient where the :censored: did you go?

Eardley never found a pass going forward,

Stam lost there number five on every set piece and marked trotman most of the time giving them a spare man on every break,

Davies wanted five touches when one would do,

Smalley marks himself out of the game

Taylor never beat a man etc etc………

Where was this midfield passing you were on about because it wasn’t linked to attack.

Orient were there for the taking and we looked like strangers on the park today.

I wonder about this board I really do! Did you go for a drink before the game?? lol

Sheridan said after today’s game he’s flogging a dead horse, perhaps he needs these rose tinted glasses you seem to have.

Honestly folks I know I am not Mr popular but you must be cr@p on championship manager lol.

results......that is what we need a few results.

we ca pass it nice or ugly,hoof it or not.have 157 shots on goal(obviously exaggerated)but if the ball dont hit the onion bag your goosed.

im sick of the manager bemoaning our lack of cutting edge and clinical finishing.

at the end of the day he's the only one who can change things and get someone in who knows where the net is.

if davies is a natural winger then why the hell are we trying to turn him into a striker.....playing people out of position doesnt work.

there is time to redeem ourself on tuesday against tranmere,and 4 points from 7 wont look bad.

but time is fast running out,people who say they dont mind us losing 1-0 because were not getting thumped are just crazy.

33 games left with us needing to win at least half of those......and i honestly dont see where a win is comming from.

Orient view of the game from the FootyMad site. The "hugely impressive Taylor" confirms my thoughts that it was his best game for a long time.

Although the only stat that matters is the 1-0, it's interesting to see that the stats show we had more goal attempts, shots on target and corners. Also we were never offside today - is that a record?

http://www.leytonorient-mad.co.uk/news/loa...H&id=361211

Ok Kyle...interesting quote from Shez there and one you wholeheartedly agree with...

So surely, tonight, you should be a bit happier to hear that Shez has admitted this after today and that he's very, very well aware of this and will be as keen to sort it out as you, I or any other fan is. Let's give him the chance to eh?

The Ricketts fans can't make there mind up Ricardo, some will tell he's not been brought to the club to score goals while BumBoy80 will bring up some rubbish from the BBC text service about how he was an amazing attacking force for Wasall today.

Who can't make their mind up? Is that coming from someone who bet against us v. Forest?

Is "Coco" a citeh fan?