Just got back from orient and guess what!

I have never been so sure of anything ever as than I am now that JS has to go.

Hes no idea of what’s wrong and he doesn’t know how to fix it.

We need a new impetus to this club/Team that only a fresh face in charge would bring.

We are stuck with these players and somebody needs to shake them around.

If there is one person who went today who could tell me why Eardley is captain or why Davies should be in the starting 11 and honestly believe it themselves then I really do despair!

I know JS is seen as a cult figure but when will people realise his BRIEF moment of success i.e. a playoff place was a flash in the pan?

Honestly this is beyond the joke were going down and fast we need to act now!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9TXfZrvTs

That tackle by Hughes was the highlight of what really was a dark Realisation that we are relegation material under this regime.

P.S My throat is sore as I gave the lads every encouragement as did the 300 and odd who went what did we get from JS? Disarray and a Shambles of a team.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

ugh... I think the only bright point is that you say you cheered and did not spout this rubbish all the way through the match....

Firstly, I cannot give you any reason, other than hughes is not fully fit, for why davies is in the starting 11 - as for Eardley being capatain... why not? he is an international player and playing well...

However... I honestly can not see how in any way, shape or form you bcan call that a shambles??? Dominating a game for the whole 90 minutes, playing some good football, defending brilliantly, but just not having any cutting edge is not a shambles - it is just not having any cutting edge...please, please do not overembelish things just for effect... it is just childish....

Shez is changing things, Mr Ricketts has been shown the door... and more to follow...

Please, please... even you can show some realism.... we just dominated a game against the team at the top of the league - that is not a shambles, or dissaray - it is a team playing some good stuff who needs a cutting edge...

We have just played forest and orient away - and should have won both... and i feel we would have done if Mr Hughes had played in them both.... however... shoulda woulda coulda... but the bottom line is to call that perofmance a shambles is just wrong....

ugh... I think the only bright point is that you say you cheered and did not spout this rubbish all the way through the match....

Firstly, I cannot give you any reason, other than hughes is not fully fit, for why davies is in the starting 11 - as for Eardley being capatain... why not? he is an international player and playing well...

However... I honestly can not see how in any way, shape or form you bcan call that a shambles??? Dominating a game for the whole 90 minutes, playing some good football, defending brilliantly, but just not having any cutting edge is not a shambles - it is just not having any cutting edge...please, please do not overembelish things just for effect... it is just childish....

Shez is changing things, Mr Ricketts has been shown the door... and more to follow...

Please, please... even you can show some realism.... we just dominated a game against the team at the top of the league - that is not a shambles, or dissaray - it is a team playing some good stuff who needs a cutting edge...

We have just played forest and orient away - and should have won both... and i feel we would have done if Mr Hughes had played in them both.... however... shoulda woulda coulda... but the bottom line is to call that perofmance a shambles is just wrong....

OMG we were awful today, orient were there for the taking today as I thought they were poor but looked a lot better than us going forward.

Answer me this how many shots on target did we have?

Also people keep saying eardley is an international he’s F’IN WELSH for Christ sake!

He’s in the squad and isn’t a first teamer.

He didn’t find a single pass today going forward.

You pretend as much as you like but I know if we keep kidding ourselves with JS and were down FACT!

Then when we are playing Macclesfield next year you can say how unlucky we were with injuries etc blah blah.

BigFin defending was woeful at times today how you can say we domianted is beyond me.

i cant comment on the game as i didnt go,and havent seen any highlights,if there were any.

however i just know shez's comments will be like....we lack a cutting edge,were not clinical enough in front of goal......well thats stating the obvious yet again,however js is the only one who can change it.ricketts has gone,and if he has the bottle he will get rid of others also.but a goal scorer is a must.

we cant pin all our hopes on a has been striker who hasnt played for 3 years and who isnt fit.

P.S My throat is sore as I gave the lads every encouragement as did the 300 and odd who went....

I didn't see the match as anything like you've described Kyle. I've put my comments under jsslatics' thread. Having since read the views of others who went today, you appear to be the odd one out.

I've picked out part of your P.S., because I find it unbelieveble! To say that the 300 and odd who went today gave the lads every encouragement, implying to the extent of ending up with a sore throat would be funny if it wasn't such a serious misrepresentation of the truth.

About five of us tried, and tried and kept trying to get the Latics' fans to sing. Our efforts were rejected and it was as though we were trying to get the Orient fans to support Latics. Apart from the odd 'Sheridan's Blue and White Army' lasting a maximum of 20 seconds and 'OWTB' chants lasting about 12 seconds, the chants lasted from about 5 to 8 seconds. It was absoutely pitiful! And yet the team was playing some good stuff - nothing like last Saturday at BP when the team was dire! The crowd's performance today on a scale of 1 to 10 was barely 1, and coming so soon after the crowd's performance at Forest judged by many as 10 or even 11 out of 10, it was hard to understand. I even threatened the crowd that if they didn't start to sing they'd get the drum back, but to no avail.

If Forest was the crowd benchmark, today was a standard that I hope we never drop to in future.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I didn't see the match as anything like you've described Kyle. I've put my comments under jslatics' thread. Having since read the views of others who went today, you appear to be the odd one out.

I've picked out part of your P.S., because I find it unbelieveble! To say that the 300 and odd who went today gave the lads every encouragement, implying to the extent of ending up with a sore throat would be funny if it wasn't such a serious misrepresentation of the truth.

About five of us tried, and tried and kept trying to get the Latics' fans to sing. Our efforts were rejected and it was as though we were trying to get the Orient fans to support Latics. Apart from the odd 'Sheridan's Blue and White Army' lasting a maximum of 20 seconds and 'OWTB' chants lasting about 12 seconds, the chants lasted from about 5 to 8 seconds. It was absoutely pitiful! And yet the team was playing some good stuff - nothing like last Saturday at BP when the team was dire! The crowd's performance today on a scale of 1 to 10 was barely 1, and coming so soon after the crowd's performance at Forest judged by many as 10 or even 11 out of 10, it was hard to understand. I even threatened the crowd that if they didn't start to sing they'd get the drum back, but to no avail.

If Forest was the crowd benchmark, today was a standard that I hope we never drop to in future.

Please tell me you werent sat two rows from the back with glasses on! Was it you who started we all play in blue and tangerine?

It always happens when theres that many of us, i joined in with most chants but as you said they just died out.

On a side note i only recognised about 60 northern/regular fans, at first i thought i was in the wrong end :shock:

If Diego was that lad as above then i spent most of the game laughing at him. (not in a nasty way) He had heart i will give him that, his voice broke before the end of most chants though and he was annoying lol

By the way what did you have to drink diego cos thats some good stuff lol.

There were a fair few family and friends of players in today and OASIS.

If Diego was that lad as above then i spent most of the game laughing at him. (not in a nasty way) He had heart i will give him that, his voice broke before the end of most chants though and he was annoying lol

There were a fair few family and friends of players in today and OASIS.

Replace the word Diego with Latics and England then lol

It always happens when theres that many of us, i joined in with most chants but as you said they just died out.

On a side note i only recognised about 60 northern/regular fans, at first i thought i was in the wrong end :shock:

In desperation 'Latics and England' chanted OASIS, OASIS give us a song! Markoasis gave us a Zigga Zigga or two, and leeslover kept his end up, but it has to be said that the :oasissign1: have lost their singing voices. :disappointed:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

In desperation 'Latics and England' chanted OASIS, OASIS give us a song! Markoasis gave us a Zigga Zigga or two but it has to be said that the :oasissign1: have lost their singing voices. :disappointed:

I was stood on the Back row, or to make it easier the quiet bit during Sheridan’s blue and white army! lol.

(More of a small gathering of strangers who by coincidence wear the same shirt, rather than an army IMO lol)

Sheridan’s Blue and White Strangers!

Followed by

Ooh when the blues go mincing in!

Nah its not cricket. lol

Replace the word Diego with Latics and England then lol

For Latics and England to get such a negative response to his sterling efforts was soul destroying!

I was stood on the Back row, or to make it easier the quiet bit during Sheridan’s blue and white army! lol.

(More of a small gathering of strangers who by coincidence wear the same shirt, rather than an army IMO lol)

Followed by

Nah its not cricket. lol

So how did you end up with a sore throat?

If the crowd is supposed to be the twelfth man, then that man needs to ask himself if he could have done more for the cause today.

So how did you end up with a sore throat?

If the crowd is supposed to be the twelfth man, then that man needs to ask himself if he could have done more for the cause today.

In hindsight it must have been calling for sheridans head lol

No I joined in and ended up losing my voice, I tried to hard. lol

We need a new impetus to this club/Team that only a fresh face in charge would bring.

If there is one person who went today who could tell me why Eardley is captain or why Davies should be in the starting 11 and honestly believe it themselves then I really do despair!

I know JS is seen as a cult figure but when will people realise his BRIEF moment of success i.e. a playoff place was a flash in the pan?

That tackle by Hughes was the highlight of what really was a dark Realisation that we are relegation material under this regime.

P.S My throat is sore as I gave the lads every encouragement as did the 300 and odd who went what did we get from JS? Disarray and a Shambles of a team.

Give it up!

must admit gotta give the bloke some credit who was 2 rows from the back with the glass's on.

gave it his all.

as for performance i think we didnt deserve to lose. nor win a draw would of been fair but seem clueless in the final third lately.

Sheridan out? no thanks. he will turn it around.

Kyle I didn't go today but did you go against Forest. We were great against forest, and Sheridan picked a team and played tactics that were easily better than forest's. Just because we lost today doesn't mean we need to sack Shez. We were playin away to a top of the table team and only lost 1-0. We were hardly hammered

I have never been so sure of anything ever as than I am now that JS has to go

...his BRIEF moment of success i.e. a playoff place was a flash in the pan?

How the bejesus can you describe a season of unexpected success as a "flash in the pan"?

I'm glad you're so sure, by the way. I, too, feel a sense of certainty when I allow myself to dream of a world without "KyleOAFC".

OMG we were awful today, orient were there for the taking today as I thought they were poor but looked a lot better than us going forward.

Answer me this how many shots on target did we have?

Also people keep saying eardley is an international he’s F’IN WELSH for Christ sake!

He’s in the squad and isn’t a first teamer.

He didn’t find a single pass today going forward.

You pretend as much as you like but I know if we keep kidding ourselves with JS and were down FACT!

Then when we are playing Macclesfield next year you can say how unlucky we were with injuries etc blah blah.

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn, Yawn...

Se what you want to see matey, however you are very much in the minority from yesterday - your opinions are valid if justified, but please at times admit that your opinions are losing validity because of the broken record syndrome you are currently adopting...

Every one of your valid points above is right in line with my opinion that although we dominated the game - we had no cuting edge! Lets put this into context - no cutting edge - currently mediocre but getting better - this is hardly a shambles... Hartlepool was a shambles!!!

I am not pretending - maybe I have just seen this before a few too many times, and an not as Naiive as your good self... I do not expect wonders and am surprised when this happens - we wont go down pal - that it rediculous - at the moment we wont go up either, mid table - so what?? lets go again next season...

....and stop making things up - when did I ever say we are unlucky with injuries???? I said I am looking forward to our injured players (hughes) coming back.... and also thoroughly enjoying Trotman and Stam at CB due to injuries... stop thinking the world is against you - to quote a fellow board memeber... "we all want the ame thing, I (we) just know how to get there better than you"

... and to your little bash brother Alex - Defended like a shambles??? Grow up - I dont think giving the league leaders 1 shot all day is defending like a shambles....

As you will probably notice, I have waited over 18 hours since this thread started before adding a comment, because i am bloody ANGRY. Not allegedly angry, REALLY angry with the post that started this. We saw a team give it everything they could at Orient. We defended like our lives depended on it (Beresford ever had save to make or a shot to worry about), the midfield took the game by the scruff of the neck (Kilkenny worked his socks off and Taylor ran the full back dizzy) but we just couldn't find the back of the net.

If that perforance was "disarray" and "shambles", God help us if ever we get overrun by anyone - we'd be looking at 4 and 5 goal thrashings every week. This team, that is in "disarray" has managed to "shambolically" outplay Forest, Leeds and Orient (and others) for most of the games, so try getting behnd Shez once in a while Kyle - you never know, you might even get to like it.

In the meantime, this is positively my last word on the "Shez out" rubbish or I'll likely as not get permanently banned from the board for going over the top. :rifle:

Edited by Bristolatic

As you will probably notice, I have waited over 18 hours since this thread started before adding a comment, because i am bloody ANGRY. Not allegedly angry, REALLY angry with the post that started this. We saw a team give it everything they could at Orient. We defended like our lives depended on it (Beresford ever had save to make or a shot to worry about), the midfield took the game by the scruff of the neck (Kilkenny worked his socks off and Taylor ran the full back dizzy) but we just couldn't find the back of the net.

If that perforance was "disarray" and "shambles", God help us if ever we get overrun by anyone - we'd be looking at 4 and 5 goal thrashings every week. This team, that is in "disarray" has managed to "shambolically" outplay Forest, Leeds and Orient (and others) for most of the games, so try getting behnd Shez once in a while Kyle - you never know, you might even get to like it.

In the meantime, this is positively my last word on the "Shez out" rubbish or I'll likely as not get permanently banned from the board for going over the top. :rifle:

Fair enough I am not on a crusade to get Sheridan out and just because I feel he cant turn this around and that he looks clueless in my eyes, it doesn’t mean I don’t respect anybody else’s opinion on here or that they may be right and me wrong.

The thing that got me yesterday was orient were there for the taking.

We just don’t play as a team or attack with any conviction,

And the worse thing is we don’t look like changing.

Orient in their last 3 home games in the league have conceded 10 goals, and to be honest although I do admit we had chances we never looked like scoring.

The performance yesterday just wasn’t that great.

In the programme the orient boss states that Orient have massively over achieved this season and he expected a lot better from us.

I am not going to stop posting but I promise in the future I will say what I see and hopefully ways I believe we can change it.

Starting with wingers that play on the wing in Taylor and Davies (as it’s his best position) and Hughes and ‘Vernon’ hopefully up front. Lol

We have the players we need to play to their strengths and stop this ball over the top and have more approach play through midfield and to feet both to the wide men and the forwards.

I think we could even afford to play 3-5-2 in

Beresford-eardley-Hazel-Bertrand- Allot and Kalala in front-of defence Taylor and Davies out wide and Kilkenny in the middle with Hughes and Vernon (If he comes)

Obviously if the above are fit and not suspended.

That is our technically best formation with our players. 3-5-2.!

IMO

Edited by KYLEOAFC