Ronnie Moore: Get in the real world, Oldham

You mean we're not Premier League, Ronnie. Since when?? News to me.

He does have a point with a few of our fans though. Generally the one's calling for Shez's head, not realising how far we've come the past 5 seasons.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Ronnie Moore: Get in the real world, Oldham

To be fair, he may well be right.....

No he's not right. OK there may be one or two idiots left over from the bandwagon jumpers days of the early 90s but I believe the vast majority of Latics fans dont have their heads in Premiership clouds. How many years have we been in this division? Most of us were there when we were crap as well as when we were world beaters and those same people are still here when we are crap(ish) again.

The second paragraph begins "The likeable Moore"...er no.

Guest oa_exile
I remember just after he left he said he considered himself the most successful manager since Joe Royle

.............and that's why many treat him as the Leg end that he is :)

My major gripe with Ronnie wasn't the fact that our game plan for attacking was long ball, but for defending too. We'd go a goal up and then instead of playing more patiently along the ground we'd carry on hoofballing it up the pitch giving it straight back to our opponents allowing them to come back at us. We threw away so many leads that season one which threw away our play off place....against bottom of the table at home (MKDons). If he had swtiched his tactics to a more patient style when we went a goal up then we'd be have been hunky dorey. Any idiot knows that you don't need to hoof a ball up field when you already have a firm grip on the game and are a goal up.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

what a nob

The simple fact it he was treated unfairly by most Oldham fans. I understand and agree with certain parts like the pass, pass, pass comment but most of it is rubbish about us expecting premier league football. My main criticism was we couldn't play two halfs of football under him. The prime example was Udders away when we murdered them for 45 mins and went in 2-0 up at half time and came out and lost 3-2.

What ever people say he did a good job at Oldham IMO.

Still can't stand him though.

The simple fact it he was treated unfairly by most Oldham fans. I understand and agree with certain parts like the pass, pass, pass comment but most of it is rubbish about us expecting premier league football. My main criticism was we couldn't play two halfs of football under him. The prime example was Udders away when we murdered them for 45 mins and went in 2-0 up at half time and came out and lost 3-2.

What ever people say he did a good job at Oldham IMO.

Still can't stand him though.

PEDDANT POLICE!!

went in 2-1 if memory serves.

oops it all backfired ronnie. you would have been better not playing so quickly if you dont play you cant lose. thats two on the bounce now. LOL.

never mind eh ronald.you have another quick game saturday to get over losing two on the bounce.

im sure the players and fans will understand that.hows zola by the way...still prolific.hahahahah

But if you want to know

How I really feel

Just get the cameras rolling

Get the action going

Latics you know my love for you is real

Take me where you want to

Then my heart you'll steal

(Chorus one)

MOORE, MOORE, MOORE

How do you like it, how do you like it

MOORE, MOORE, MOORE

MOORE, MOORE, MOORE

And if you want to know

What it means to me

Just hear the rhythm grooving

Get your body moving

Latics you know my love for you is true

Any time you want to

Do what you gotta do

(Chorus two)

MOORE, MOORE, MOORE

MOORE, MOORE, MOORE

MOORE, MOORE, MOORE

How do you like it, how do you like your football

Latics you know my love for you is real

Take me where you want to

Then my heart you steal

(Chorus two repeat fade)

My major gripe with Ronnie wasn't the fact that our game plan for attacking was long ball, but for defending too. We'd go a goal up and then instead of playing more patiently along the ground we'd carry on hoofballing it up the pitch giving it straight back to our opponents allowing them to come back at us. We threw away so many leads that season one which threw away our play off place....against bottom of the table at home (MKDons). If he had swtiched his tactics to a more patient style when we went a goal up then we'd be have been hunky dorey. Any idiot knows that you don't need to hoof a ball up field when you already have a firm grip on the game and are a goal up.

Guy Branston...Lincoln Boy.....any team with them in would hoof! Go back and listen Wellens comments 8 months ago about Ronnie....

Anyway...Roll on Donny...and...err....Wellens....

Edited by boundaryblue80

My main criticism was we couldn't play two halfs of football under him. The prime example was Udders away when we murdered them for 45 mins and went in 2-0 up at half time and came out and lost 3-2.

Lol...if that's the prime example you're very thin on the ground....Guy Branston and Chris Day culminated in the most farcical defensive :censored: ups that mine and your eyes will ever see! Nowt to do with anyone else that day....them twats lost us that game singlehandedly! And that's partly why I despise the :censored:ers! And also was Day's last ever game! Thank :censored:!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80