Moore Moore Moore.......

How D'ya Like That......How D'ya Like That!

Well. That was errr, fun. Ranks up there with the best of away games i've been too. Especially in recent years and anyone wondering just why they support Oldham - need's take no further look than that performance, result and sheer passion come the final whistle. Brilliant stuff. The night also reitterated the point why football under Ronnie Moore bored the bleep out of me. Hoofball after Hoofball to a big lad upfront. Zzzzzzzzzz. Absolutely no other plan B from Tranmere whatsoever. Funnily enough. They had a very brief spell in the 2nd half were they looked quite handy. Shame they were passing to feet, which is probably why they soon enough went back to route one less than 5 minute's later. We cant be having passing football now can we, Ronnie?

Bit of a nightmare journey there. Big crash on the motorway and i'd be very suprised to see if the occupants of said car involved were still alive. Luckily managed to just make it to hear the travelling 'tics in the stand cheering the boys as they came out. Dont think the Stewards were prepared for a good 100 or so turning up after kick off, not realising there'd been an accident. Stewards were funny - "you cant sit on the back three rows. Leeds Kicked the crap out of the panel at the back of the stand, so until we can be bothered fixing it - You cant sit there." :lol:

Cracking atmosphere throughout.

Alot of people will pick out certain players and rightfully so, those will include the likes of Beresford, Trotman, Kilkenny, etc. One player who might be missed is Ryan Bertrand. Absolute quality last night. Nothing got by him and he made some good overlaps. Be very suprised if we dont try and extend his loan when it's ready to expire.

Trotman once again though. Sheer class and the revelation of this season, already. My Corner theory that he's the only reason we've started to suddenly be a threat rings true once again. Looks thee player who'll get his fodd on absolutely everything. He had a superb header brilliantly saved in the 2nd half.

Kilkenny ran the midfield and Davies caused no end of problems upfront with Smalley. Who despite wasting some superb chances had a good game. Still not sure how he missed that rebound open net, only guess he wasnt expecting it.

Stam looked a little shaky at times but 2 clean sheets in the last 3, speaks volumes to how well he's slotted in. Back four looks good at the minute and Marlon looked very comfortable. One of the funniest parts of the night was when he had a chant directed at him followed by "sign him up" and he had the 'I dont wanna sign for you lot" look. :grin:

I also happened to be saying throughout the night, it'll end up 1-0. Then within 2 minutes of the 2nd half had changed my mind to a positive 1-0 win with a Hughesy 90th minute winner. Nearly right.

Speaking of Hughes. That's the worst abuse he's faced and it didnt even look to bother him one bit. He made some good touches, movement and found space for passes to be played into him. Had a good chance himself, but the build up play he was involved in for the goal showed he's still got quality in him.

As for that goal. Brilliant build up play. Keeper Stranded and Davies in the right place at the right time. Superb. Leeds can keep their 95th minute goal, as we've got our very own. As for the celebration. When you have a lad purposely jump 4 rows down to jump on your back as your stood on a chair.

I could go on and on and on and on. Brilliant night. Best performance of the season and we controlled a game at a place most teams in this league find a nightmare to visit. Including ourselves generally.

Though one last thing. That Physio racing was hilarious. Cant believe the Tranmere physio won the 2nd one and instead of attending to his injured player, was more bothered about celebrating to the away fans as if he'd scored. :lol: Lads behind me where saying "what if there player had swallowed his tongue?" - Speaking of the lads behind me. They have to take credit for the "Ronnie Moore's a Football Genius" chant. A few people in the ground were shouting me after that one took off, thinking i'd started it, but i'd just joined in the one lad behind me's sole chant.

The atmosphere carried on into the night and into the car park - where 40 bin dippers at the ticket office behind a great big metal fence took offence to our "Moore Moore Moore" chant - we didnt even see them till we'd walked past them and the verbals were being directed at us. Lost count of what names we where called. "Rats", "Mancs", "S***".........A sole comment of "Bitter Doo" with a huge smile was all it took, followed by yet more sing songs. Poor old scousers!

Passing Football 1-0 Hoofball

How D'ya Like That......How D'ya Like That!.....

......Passing Football 1-0 Hoofball

Good summary of a great night.

A Dippers' fan was taken out by the stewards for abusing Lee Hughes while he was warming up in the first half.

Credit to the Tranny stewards for allowing us to stand up - a lesson for the Forest stewards.

Ironic that hughes had the abuse off the tramps,when about half a mile away from the ground a street was cordened off with a big white tent and the forensics checking it out.........Pot and Kettle springs to mind

Ironic that hughes had the abuse off the tramps,when about half a mile away from the ground a street was cordened off with a big white tent and the forensics checking it out.........Pot and Kettle springs to mind

Yeh, one would have thought that if any bunch of fans would appreciate TTA's efforts to rehabilitate offenders, it would have been the Dippers! :grin:

I got into Liverpool at about 2.30, so spent the day wandering around, having the odd pint and pie, and remembering what a fantastic city it is, only to be blighted by being full of Scousers. It's a long time since I've felt unable to go to the gents in a boozer without taking my stuff with me, one place I was in there was no way in the world I was going to use the usual routine of asking someone to look after it. The most delightful experience though was when I was trying to buy my ticket for the local train, I asked the bloke which train was best for Prenton Park and the tosser made me stand there for 5 minutes whilst he slagged Hughes off. Eventually I just started preaching Biblical (mis)quotations about forgiveness and repentance.

I also happened across a pub 10 minutes from the ground where I had a quick chat with the landlord and a few locals. Talk turned to Graeme Souness, at which point the landlord told me he'd shagged the Dark Lord's missus, before she married him but when they were going out. Good lad! He also had an interesting take about what caused Dalgleish to "lose the dressing room," at Liverpool. Well, who'd be happy if this chap was making himself over-comfortable round your place when you were away :blink:uglyvk3.jpg

I got into Liverpool at about 2.30, so spent the day wandering around, having the odd pint and pie, and remembering what a fantastic city it is, only to be blighted by being full of Scousers. It's a long time since I've felt unable to go to the gents in a boozer without taking my stuff with me, one place I was in there was no way in the world I was going to use the usual routine of asking someone to look after it.

Leeslover i come from around that area of the northwest and thats a very stereotypical view - you must have been venturing into some rough pubs!!!

Leeslover i come from around that area of the northwest and thats a very stereotypical view - you must have been venturing into some rough pubs!!!

Maybe - I started off down around the shopping centre/market area, which is perhaps not the best part of town. There was one I went in that was split evenly between 90 year olds (men and women) swearing and spitting on the floor and some coked up younger blokes who were just glaring evils from the second I went in. I did find a nice one later, Riggbys, which served a fantastic range of O'Kells beer from the Isle of Mann (and no, I'm not telling you how many pints I had :wink: ). Granted, some blokes tried to send me the wrong way back to Lime Street, but I took several soundings so that was OK.

Maybe - I started off down around the shopping centre/market area, which is perhaps not the best part of town. There was one I went in that was split evenly between 90 year olds (men and women) swearing and spitting on the floor and some coked up younger blokes who were just glaring evils from the second I went in. I did find a nice one later, Riggbys, which served a fantastic range of O'Kells beer from the Isle of Mann (and no, I'm not telling you how many pints I had :wink: ). Granted, some blokes tried to send me the wrong way back to Lime Street, but I took several soundings so that was OK.

Did you try Flanagan's Apple on Matthew Street?

http://atthebar.merseyblogs.co.uk/archives...gans_apple.html

To be fair on reflection liverpool does have a large share of idiots and rough pubs like the one you describe but sometimes the i think some people get a bit intimidated by the lack of dress sense - trackies or shell suit and the accent some undesirable looking and sounding people can actually be quite helpful and friendly!

its quite strange going to tranmere games for me last year i was stood at the bar in one of the pubs near the ground and people started talking to me as a home fan, didnt tell them that i wasnt and he helped get my drinks in so i didnt have to queue:) then after the game when we tried to get in the pub some of the people we were with were told by the police to head back to Oldham but they had to let us in when we told them we'd only come from 20 minutes away!!:)

Too right 3 idiots happy slapping a bloke to death and pushing him on a bonfire. Allegedly!

Good god. Some of the chavs riding around on bikes were obviously tried to create an atmosphere, but this is a bit above and beyond.

Three quizzed over bonfire body

Forensics officers at the scene

A bonfire party had been held where Mr Croft's body was found

Police are continuing to question three men in connection with the death of man at a bonfire party.

Stephen Croft, who was 34, was found dead on an area of grassland at the junction with Borough Road and Whetstone Lane, Birkenhead, Wirral.

A 17-year-old boy is now being questioned along with a boy, 13, and a 19-year-old man. All are from the Birkenhead area.

The results of a post-mortem examination are expected later.

Community 'shock'

Officers said they were "keeping an open mind" about reports that Mr Croft was attacked by youths who filmed themselves on mobile phones as they wielded a flaming log.

Police said the 34-year-old victim suffered burns and head injuries.

An informal firework and bonfire party organised by local residents had been held where Mr Croft's body was found.

Most people are thought to have left at about 2030 GMT on Wednesday.

Police were called to the scene at 0100 GMT on Thursday.

People living nearby said they were shocked that a community event had ended so tragically.

Nevermind going into dodgy pubs Leeslover. Didnt your mother teach you not to stand on street corners when it's past your bedtime. Mersey Clipper after the game. Didnt even acknowledge the car full singing "blue and tangerine" as you were seemingly too busy god knows doing what. :ohno::bat:

Nevermind going into dodgy pubs Leeslover. Didnt your mother teach you not to stand on street corners when it's past your bedtime. Mersey Clipper after the game. Didnt even acknowledge the car full singing "blue and tangerine" as you were seemingly too busy god knows doing what. :ohno::bat:

I was with M_OAFC, his old man, Richie and Johnny, but I lost them when I stopped briefly to give a can of beer to some old bloke (when I say old, I only mean as mature-looking as Diego) who looked desperate for one. That was just before the car park, and I didn't know where they were parked, so I couldn't go on up the hill or go in. I didn't have Mark's number, Richie's phone was off, and I didn't fancy trying to make it back on my own through hordes of angry Bin Dippers while three quarters cut. I might have been a little bit preoccupied.

There was one I went in that was split evenly between 90 year olds (men and women) swearing and spitting on the floor and some coked up younger blokes who were just glaring evils from the second I went in.

...sounds like the Tulse Hill Tavern.

Why is Liverpool such a poo hole? Because the EU and the Government send so much money there without asking the people of the city to do anything for it. Anyone who really wants to do anything with their life leaves, leaving behind you know what. Lah.

I got into Liverpool at about 2.30, so spent the day wandering around, having the odd pint and pie, and remembering what a fantastic city it is, only to be blighted by being full of Scousers. It's a long time since I've felt unable to go to the gents in a boozer without taking my stuff with me, one place I was in there was no way in the world I was going to use the usual routine of asking someone to look after it. The most delightful experience though was when I was trying to buy my ticket for the local train, I asked the bloke which train was best for Prenton Park and the tosser made me stand there for 5 minutes whilst he slagged Hughes off. Eventually I just started preaching Biblical (mis)quotations about forgiveness and repentance.

I also happened across a pub 10 minutes from the ground where I had a quick chat with the landlord and a few locals. Talk turned to Graeme Souness, at which point the landlord told me he'd shagged the Dark Lord's missus, before she married him but when they were going out. Good lad! He also had an interesting take about what caused Dalgleish to "lose the dressing room," at Liverpool. Well, who'd be happy if this chap was making himself over-comfortable round your place when you were away :blink:uglyvk3.jpg

Surely that's Peter Beardsley?