Attendance: 4,280

Guest sheridans_world
I think the cup has lost a bit of it's magic over the last few years.

I agree - plus the fact that its not a very appealing tie, Doncaster...

ste1987 I'm sure you could've got in for a kid today. At 6 ft 5 I managed to get in for underf 16's.

I think part of the problem was the fact it came following 3 away games in the last 2 weeks

Not somat i really considered tbh mate. As i'm going as an adult i'll pay adult prices. I've had trouble gettin in for a kid when ive actually been a kid so i don't bother!

A 20 yr old going in the U16s bit would be taking the biscuit a bit! :wink:

Edited by ste1987

Not somat i really considered tbh mate. As i'm going as an adult i'll pay adult prices. I've had trouble gettin in for a kid when ive actually been a kid so i don't bother!

A 20 yr old going in the U16s bit would be taking the biscuit a bit! :wink:

Never did it at home games but I last got in as a kid at Peterborough on my 28th Birthday!

...it was a very overcast damp day too.

What's that got to do with it? We're talking about a mild day at ISZ! Is that what's meant by fair weather fans?

There were less than 3,000 home fans, with the gate receipts split three ways, and TTA are hoping to get 10% of them to go to the Planning Committee meeting on Wednesday.

These are worrying times.

What's that got to do with it? We're talking about a mild day at ISZ! Is that what's meant by fair weather fans?

There were less than 3,000 home fans, with the gate receipts split three ways, and TTA are hoping to get 10% of them to go to the Planning Committee meeting on Wednesday.

These are worrying times.

Indeed Diego....yet some can't bloody see it! The same ones who chose not to go yesterday...coz it was only Donny....and probably won't if we do get through....coz it's only Crewe....makes my blood boil!!!

They do me to. They'll be their if we reach the 3rd round and draw a Prem team won't they. As season ticket holders they'd get in 1st as well. I reckon vouchers should be handed out in the 1st 2 rounds if we are at home. If season ticket holders haven't got them, they should have to take their chances with everyone else.

At first when I was at the match on Saturday I thought it was a shocking crowd and was pretty gutted that more

supporters had not bothered turning up. But looking at the other crowds from Saturday we had the 5th highest crowd of the day - only 3 teams registered over 5K

Maybe it is just to much to keep asking fans to fork out £20 as we are not the only club with a poor gate on Saturday. Bradford have 13K season ticket holders but only got 4K on saturday, maybe if we do beat Donny TTA could think of some initiative to improve the gate against Crewe but even at £10 a ticket we would need to get a 8K crowd to match Saturdays gate reciepts, cant see 8k turning up so I can see why they didnt bother with any discount pricing

Guest sheridans_world

Cutting a price in half is a little bit much, but, given the proximity of Crewe, it may be worth charging £15, people still are not spending as much money as they would have and a fairly decent following from Crewe could come.

On the other hand, you could always do what we did last time and cut the prices to £2 a ticket, Crewe would have to agree it though, FA cup money is shared so it would be a stunt both clubs would have to be happy with.

To go back to the starting point If crowds at other clubs who are getting similar or slightly larger home attendances - Luton, Carlisle, Crewe, Southend - are examined then the number at BP wasn't too bad. I'm old enough to remember when FA Cup matches even in the early rounds normally got bigger crowds than league games - but not any more.

There are some interesting attendances from Saturda. Bradford , getting 12/13000 with their very cheap season tickets down to 4000, Walsall held up pretty well but a good following from Shrewsbury. Chesterfield similarly but 1100 from Tranmere (free coaches laid on by the club0.

I was surprised that Donny brought 1000, I'd have forecast abut 700. For that number they were very quiet, and the 3000 home support made a good noise for much of the game.

I was heartened by the performance for 70 mins., probably the best I've seen at BP this season.

I am a season ticket holder and I knew when I bought it that it didn't cover the cup games. It amazes me that people support this club but say they can't be bothered when they're playing. You either support them or you don't. if you do then you would watch them play the Rifle Range pub team and pay if you had to.... I try to get to as many games as possible to see the latics play.

still doesnt change the fact that £20 is far too expensive to watch us play a team that we will play on 4 occasions (now 5) in a matter of months. also people have kids etcetera so its even more cost. i had to chose between the match for me and the boy or saturday night out with the lads.

I don't understand why not going to a game means you are not a supporter. I didn't go on Saturday, but I've a list as long as your arm of games I have attended that I bet a lot of the "Super Fans" that post on here didn't go to.

Some people have lots of other things that they do in their lives other than follow Latics, so with each game comes the decision what is the priority? Obviously on Saturday a number of people decided the priority wasn't going to BP, but you shouldn't shoot them for that. Who's to say that some of the people who didn't go chose not to go because they had been to both Orient and Tranmere last week, but had some things they wanted to do on Saturday that meant they couldn't be "bothered" with a game at home against a team we will now play 5 times this season. And what if these same people are going to attend the planning meeting later this week, which in my opinion is far more important than any home game. Are these people not fans then?

We all 'support' the club in the way that we can. If I dropped the Euro Millions I would buy Latics off TTA and I wouldn't be arsed about flats and houses and the likes, it would be a Jack Walker job where I wouldn't expect anything back. But that's just me, a 'supporter' not a business man. I'm not criticsing TTA, I will be eternally greatful for what they have done, just pointing out that you can be a supporter and not necessarily go to every game.

Edited by ghostofcecere

I didnt go Saturday because of a combination of the following factors:

• Just completed on the new house and wanted to move my stuff
  • £20 for a FA Cup First Round game is alot of money
  • The FA Cup is a shadow of its former self
  • Doncaster are not the most appealing side

If any of these mean people dont think im a real fan etc then fine B) But I do have more in my life than OAFC *Shock Horror*

Will be there on Saturday though :)