Possible Resubmission of Outline Planning Permission.

After the meeting last night I went with Mrs. Sideburns and some OWTB Members for a couple of celebratory Cokes to the Up Steps, by the £600,800 Money-Down-the-Drain waterless piece of street art. After walking back past the expensive non-working clock laid in the floor of High Street, we got back to the Civic Centre to find that my car was the only one left on the part nearest to the Civic Suite. Then a car containing FOUR Parking Attendants drove onto the Car park and headed for the car. One of the Parking Attendants got out to check the ticket, and this time I was in credit, having paid £3.40 at 4.50pm, because the cheaper night rate is only applicable if you put a ticket on until 6.59pm and then put another ticket on from 7.00pm, which I couldn't risk as I didn't know how long the meeting would last. When I put the money in the machine I had a discussion with one of the Attendants, who agreed that the pricing structure was unfair - it's designed to get money out of people attending evening functions, but it's obviously being policed even when functions are not taking place.

Anyway, we waved farewell to the carload of Parking Attendants with a rousing chorus of "Get a proper job!" and, even though I'm out-of-pocket, I feel that I had the last laugh!

I might just ask the Council why FOUR Parking Attendants were on duty at that time of night when one in a car could cover the whole Borough?

Something similar happened to me.

After the meeting, I dropped someone off back down at Boundary Park and then drove back up to the Civic Car Park before joining the party in "Up Steps" for a celebratory diet Coke.

Two Car Park Attendants saw me drive in and leave my car without paying - of course I already had a ticket. They made a bee-line for my car and I could see them mentally rubbing their hands at the thought of trapping another victim.

I wandered off but waited to see their reaction and it was absolutely hilarious when they spotted the valid ticket on my windscreen! :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the meeting last night I went with Mrs. Sideburns and some OWTB Members for a couple of celebratory Cokes to the Up Steps, by the £600,800 Money-Down-the-Drain waterless piece of street art. After walking back past the expensive non-working clock laid in the floor of High Street, we got back to the Civic Centre to find that my car was the only one left on the part nearest to the Civic Suite. Then a car containing FOUR Parking Attendants drove onto the Car park and headed for the car. One of the Parking Attendants got out to check the ticket, and this time I was in credit, having paid £3.40 at 4.50pm, because the cheaper night rate is only applicable if you put a ticket on until 6.59pm and then put another ticket on from 7.00pm, which I couldn't risk as I didn't know how long the meeting would last. When I put the money in the machine I had a discussion with one of the Attendants, who agreed that the pricing structure was unfair - it's designed to get money out of people attending evening functions, but it's obviously being policed even when functions are not taking place.

Anyway, we waved farewell to the carload of Parking Attendants with a rousing chorus of "Get a proper job!" and, even though I'm out-of-pocket, I feel that I had the last laugh!

I might just ask the Council why FOUR Parking Attendants were on duty at that time of night when one in a car could cover the whole Borough?

Mr S, I can shed some light on to a reason for this.

It is council policy that dictates that parking attendants cannot be allowed to "Lone Work" after the hour of darkness. It is down to Health and Safety regulations. The same policy applies to NCP who police the car parks on behalf of OMBC. It also applies to every Authority in Greater Manchester. I cannot comment on Authority outside of Greater Manchester.

And before you all ask how I know this:- My brother is the Parking Attendant Manager at Tameside Council.

However this doesn't explain why FOUR were together.

Exactly! One car with two Attendants would meet the Health & Safety requirements. Driving around hoping to find lone cars on which to slap a ticket - how do they decide which one of the FOUR gets out each time to check the car?

im just tight. i parked in the carpark near the flats the otherside of st marys way and walked down from there. better that than pay the £3.50. nothing worse than paying to park your car. money for old rope for the council

There was a better atmosphere on that car park last night, with 7 of us than there was at Orient this season :angry: