Ground Development Option

*EDIT*

Split from the Everton thread to keep the board tidy....

Arent I right in thinking there isnt alot of good locations for a new stadium development ?

Dosent alot of the ill feeling stem from the idea of ground sharing with Liverpool which was flooted a while back ?

Would anyone here object to us sharing with 'dale or Bury?

Half the risk, half the cost, stadium is in use twice as much, twice as much support, same level of opposition. Doesn't sound all that bad from a business point of view!

Half the risk, half the cost, stadium is in use twice as much, twice as much support, same level of opposition. Doesn't sound all that bad from a business point of view!

I would certainly be open to exploring the idea! Exspecially if the council keep behaving the way they are doing!

the idea would work brilliantly...more us and dale.

but its all about position of ground and the backing of the fans.

if the ground say was on the rochdale/royton border,a very tidy 15-20 thousand ground with lesuire facilities to the hilt,both club would benifit .....

if the ground say was on the rochdale/royton border,a very tidy 15-20 thousand ground with lesuire facilities to the hilt,both club would benifit .....

I would be well and truelly against any development like this. we are Oldham Athletic who play at Boundary Park in Oldham, And if not Boundary Park, we should still be based in Oldham. no matter where we are based, our club should independantly own all its own facilities, and play at a unique venue to anyone else. The Pitch would cut up no end, what with the roughyeds as well.

granted ground sharing would mean half the cost of running the site, but it would also mean half the profit from the hotel, gym etc. it simply would be catastophic in my eyes ad should never be considered. It is nigh on halfway towards Manchester North end.

quite simply, its a no from me.

I would be well and truelly against any development like this. we are Oldham Athletic who play at Boundary Park in Oldham, And if not Boundary Park, we should still be based in Oldham. no matter where we are based, our club should independantly own all its own facilities, and play at a unique venue to anyone else. The Pitch would cut up no end, what with the roughyeds as well.

granted ground sharing would mean half the cost of running the site, but it would also mean half the profit from the hotel, gym etc. it simply would be catastophic in my eyes ad should never be considered. It is nigh on halfway towards Manchester North end.

quite simply, its a no from me.

Oh well...some people need to face the fact though that IF we dont get the development approved off the council that it would be catastophic too stay the way we are....now thats a fact!

Over my mum's dead body... There's nowt but farmland over that way in any case, and far less road access. If you think Royton South residents can kick up a fuss, god only knows what the combined forces of Thornham and Tangs Road could do.

Oh well...some people need to face the fact though that IF we dont get the development approved off the council that it would be catastophic too stay the way we are....now thats a fact!

at this point of the proceedings,you cant let sentiment kick in and rule the way.

if all goes according to plan as we are led to beleive,the stadium gets re-done and we move onwards and upwards.

there is no reason why,if it becomes a roaring success that the owners couldnt buy the houses around bp.thus freeing up more available land to further redevelope the area making us financially viable for the forseeable future.

now then if the nutters in planning reject it again,lets not hold back,tta will up and go,they have give it there all and that is all they can do.we copitulate inot obscurity and dont have a team,never mind a boundry park.

ground sharing would be the last throw of the dice.and there would be no problem say having something built on the royton/rochdale border,the only problem would be green belt.

i wouldnt rule it out and i wouldnt be against it,simple reason we would survive,and that is what it is all about,not living in the past on memories.

Over my mum's dead body... There's nowt but farmland over that way in any case, and far less road access. If you think Royton South residents can kick up a fuss, god only knows what the combined forces of Thornham and Tangs Road could do.

it was an example andy-nothing more sinister...no need to get upset.

we all know the bloody millarky of getting permission of grounds built eh!

bad day at the office mate? :wink:

now then if the nutters in planning reject it again,lets not hold back,tta will up and go,they have give it there all and that is all they can do.we copitulate inot obscurity and dont have a team,never mind a boundry park.

I couldn't have put it better myself! Well, I could :grin: but I agree with your assessment of the situation.

it was an example andy-nothing more sinister...no need to get upset.

we all know the bloody millarky of getting permission of grounds built eh!

bad day at the office mate? :wink:

Nothing to get upset about, my mum wouldn't let you do it anyway! Can't say I would mind if Latics new home was built where I played as a nipper, in fact there is a (somewhat out of shape) football pitch just the Royton side of the Summit. It's just that a full complex takes up so much more space than just the pitch. I was only pointing out that you need a brownfield site with good links. Somewhere like, erm... BP.

I'd have no real problem with us sharing a ground with Rochdale at Stakehill as long as it was jointly owned with no club having control over it. To do it, it would have to be fair, like this.

The fact is though, that only two teams can play on one pitch so you couldn't have the two rugby clubs as well. Therefore, we might as well share with the rugby, as share with Dale

Nothing to get upset about, my mum wouldn't let you do it anyway! Can't say I would mind if Latics new home was built where I played as a nipper, in fact there is a (somewhat out of shape) football pitch just the Royton side of the Summit. It's just that a full complex takes up so much more space than just the pitch. I was only pointing out that you need a brownfield site with good links. Somewhere like, erm... BP.

missed my point andy.

i said"for example"around the rochdale/royton border.

i wasn't chucking it in as a great idea!

concentrate on eating your dinner mate! :grin:

I'd have no real problem with us sharing a ground with Rochdale at Stakehill as long as it was jointly owned with no club having control over it. To do it, it would have to be fair, like this.

The fact is though, that only two teams can play on one pitch so you couldn't have the two rugby clubs as well. Therefore, we might as well share with the rugby, as share with Dale

Well i can drive two cars at once so why not play two games at once, even chuck in a couple of egg chasers!!! Makes sense to me :huh:

or the Ashton Moss area. Or the area between Lees and Ashton up Lees New Road (except that mainly greenbelt)

If the PP gets knocked back again TTA will look at all options - including selling off BP for housing and if we are lucky building a new ground - possible with ground share. I don't know Spotland that well but the Tameside clubs (2 x Ashton and Droylsden) are prime residential sites already surrounded by houses. Simply - TTA would look at options depending on the deal rather than on who we think we should share with. If Tameside are more positive towards league football than elsewhere the deal might be made more attractive.

Anyway - not going to happen as BP will get redeveloped due to the number of emails sent in support - right?

I really do question the NEVER EVER attitude....

One day we might have to chosse between having a club at all at the expense of some the things we hold so dear (like playing in this :censored: hole of a town)...

Agree. Besides, most of us were behind the Ferney Fields idea when it came out as I remember?

• 3 weeks later...

Sandpit Stadium ???