how many more wet games in lookers lower?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im also guessing forest and walsall, then the lookers coming down

They could have a sponsored demolition. Can't you see the likes of Arnold, Hewitt and the Residents all looking for loopholes, legal challenges etc. etc. Our once great country is now full of barrack room lawyers.

Surely they won't start until the end of the season. Otherwise they'll have to relocate Lookers season ticket holders.

In fact I might buy a cheap season ticket now for Lookers and hope I get relocated to Chaddy. :cool:

tta said at the time lookers lower tickets move to george hill lower or chaddy, lookers upper can go anywhere

Guest sheridans_world

I imagine it will be at least two or three months before any kind of work begins.

I could be wrong but I read somewhere that 'construction is expected within six months of approval'.

It could be delayed until the end of the season, it would be the most logical course of action, cuts down on the cost of having to move everyone and plus, fans have then got what they paid for. Also, fans can choose where they want to sit from the start of next season without the club having to sort them out.

Plus some people in the the lets-go-in-the-lookers-lower-cos-its-cheaper-and-then-move-to-a-better-stand-half-way-through-the-season-at-no-more-expense-to-us brigade get their just deserts.

I'm still bitter about several threads that were on here and other boards where people intended to do that. The club struggle enough with money as it is, rather than try and screw every penny out of it.

Plus some people in the the lets-go-in-the-lookers-lower-cos-its-cheaper-and-then-move-to-a-better-stand-half-way-through-the-season-at-no-more-expense-to-us brigade get their just deserts.

I'm still bitter about several threads that were on here and other boards where people intended to do that. The club struggle enough with money as it is, rather than try and screw every penny out of it.

tta sold them publicising that chance, i remember thinking thats a nice idea but a bit of a gamble

Stroppy git! I suppose I'm one of them - it was certainly a factor in my decision, but at the end of the day I wouldn't have bought a ST at all given how many games I'm bound to miss if it wasn't at Paddock prices. I can't imagine that many moved from other stands for that reason alone? If it persuaded some to take advantage and buy a ST rather than pay on the day then it's no loss for the club.

The Frank Whittle Partnership, which drew up nthe plans, says work will start on site early next year.

I don't think so. The Club only has an outline permission for redeveloping Broadway Stand and will be a few months before detailed planning permission is submitted, approved, then tendering and commencement of work. Then there is finance...

I don't think so. The Club only has an outline permission for redeveloping Broadway Stand and will be a few months before detailed planning permission is submitted, approved, then tendering and commencement of work. Then there is finance...

No, it's detailed already for the Broadway, as I understand it we are good to go. I guess the finance is also ready to go, TTA and Hillstone between them could surely raise it? The only question I would have would be about the wisdom of starting the work in January, BP in mid winter is hardly ideal working conditions.

I would have thought work would start end of Jan early feb so it's ready for this time next year, although I reckon if you broke wind hard enough the lookers would collapse.

As for the newcomers in the lookers, apart from a few more OWTB's the same faces are there which have always been there, and people bought tickets for that stand because it was mentioned they would get first choice of the seats in the new stand.

Wasn't it stated prior to purchasing a ST that we may have to move should work commence leaving open what Sheridans World writes? however it had to be said for those that already sit there who took up their places this time. Still it was also said that the Lookers Upper brigade would get first refusal on where to sit in the new stand and everyone currently up there would be simpathetically treated when being re seated. I take this to mean if your seat is currently half way line then thats about where you'll be. Besides I hope everyone now rushes to the ticket office to take up half year season tickets to try to take advantage that in a few weeks they'll be back in the chaddy. That way they'll defo come. well more likely to.