how many more wet games in lookers lower?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really?!

i missed that then...yippee!!!

so my above post is still relevant-the will be a switch over alike to the broadway stand season ticket holders.

The RRE stays, all the others get knocked down. Polish Hippy will be asking for a discount as the away fans will be in the worst stand!

the lookers will be coming down asap. whether work starts immediately on the new stand is another thing but it would be cheaper in the long run to just knock it down and relocate fans rather than spend more money maintaining it

On Latics World interview, AH says that 'some work' will start on Broadway Stand soon after the New Year, and with a projected building schedule of 72 weeks, a new stand with all associated facilities should be ready for the start of 2009/10 season.

Plus some people in the the lets-go-in-the-lookers-lower-cos-its-cheaper-and-then-move-to-a-better-stand-half-way-through-the-season-at-no-more-expense-to-us brigade get their just deserts.

I'm still bitter about several threads that were on here and other boards where people intended to do that. The club struggle enough with money as it is, rather than try and screw every penny out of it.

I think that's just disrespectful to be blunt. I happen to sit in the Broadway lower, I have a season ticket there and go because it is more cost effective. Why should I be made to feel bad about that? We don't have enough regular fans as it is so to be chastised for selecting the cheapest stand to sit in is a little hard to take. An extra £60 is still a lot of money to me when already paying a lump sum out for my season ticket, it's not screwing every penny out of the club. I simply can't afford to give the club more than I can afford.

Anyway, I'd expect 2 or 3 games more and it'll be closed. The club state that it will take around 72 weeks to develop which will mean it'll need to start in March for it to be guaranteed ready for August 2009.

I think that's just disrespectful to be blunt. I happen to sit in the Broadway lower, I have a season ticket there and go because it is more cost effective. Why should I be made to feel bad about that? We don't have enough regular fans as it is so to be chastised for selecting the cheapest stand to sit in is a little hard to take. An extra £60 is still a lot of money to me when already paying a lump sum out for my season ticket, it's not screwing every penny out of the club. I simply can't afford to give the club more than I can afford.

Anyway, I'd expect 2 or 3 games more and it'll be closed. The club state that it will take around 72 weeks to develop which will mean it'll need to start in March for it to be guaranteed ready for August 2009.

Completely agree Frankly, I go in that stand (as I've done in for most seasons since 94/95) as I can't really afford my ticket anywhere else at the moment and despite this fact my son more often than not misses Saturday games he's still got a season ticket too. Think SW needs a reality check as those sorts of comments are bang out of order especially from a Trust Director. He should concentrate on fan cohesion not alienating them with ill thought out holier than thou comments.

Oh and £238 to get the drenching we got on Saturday, yeah we got our just desserts............fool!

Edited by oafcprozac

Frankly and Prozac - why not try having the decency to read S_W's post properly before you decide to take such offence?

I know I was going to post something like the above. But Sheridans World was getting at the fans like Chickers cough cough, who switched to the paddock this year just in the offchance that they will be moved into the Chaddy or Main Stand when the Lookers is demolished!

I know I was going to post something like the above. But Sheridans World was getting at the fans like Chickers cough cough, who switched to the paddock this year just in the offchance that they will be moved into the Chaddy or Main Stand when the Lookers is demolished!

Even so Chickers has paid his money and committed to a season ticket. OK so he's paid £60 less and maybe will get a perceived 'free upgrade', but what the hell, that's the problem with a lot of Latics fans alweays thinking they're missing out on summat, like the reduced admission initiatives or celebration Sunday freebies. That's probably why we've seen a lack of marketing initiatives this season, every time the owners try and drum up extra support or offer incentives other season ticket holders whine that they've paid their money and are missing out. Its infuriating. For God sake we've all fought hard to get this decision from the council but some still feel it relevant to criticise others for having the commitment to buy season tickets in a stand that is likely to be demolished. But how many of those whining got drenched on Saturday or at home to Forest, Wolves, Port Vale or Blackpool last season???

I know S_W well enough (not very, but enough) to know that the last thing he is doing is having a go at anyone who simply buys an ST in the Paddock cos it's cheaper and fits their budget better (NO ONE has to justify how much they decide to spend on Latics).

It's those who would otherwise have spent £300 on NSM Upper/Main Upper/Chaddy ST's that were talking about specifcally buying paddock ST's in the hope they'd be moved. Which I agree with S_W is just a cynical attempt to get something for nothing.

By the way, I fully agree on the ST holders who moan about initiatives benefitting other fans - seems they can't see the bigger picture cos they're blinded by the fear they might have somehow lost out. Rubbish in my view - I buy a season ticket as much as an investment in my club as anything else ... and ANY intiative to bring in more fans is fine by me.

I must admit though - I can't wait to toddle down to BP to choose my new seat in the new Main stand... and I don't suppose I can blame those who may have moved to the NSM (irrespective of paddock/upper) with that in mind. :grin:

Woah, that was part of the idea, but when most of the people ya sat with move then it make sense to move, as it is there are about three regular people who are left in the chaddy, and most are in the paddock now!

i enjoy the paddock anyway, the girl who serves me coffee is far nicer than the ones in the chaddy anyway! :lol:

that's the problem with a lot of Latics fans alweays thinking they're missing out on summat, like the reduced admission initiatives or celebration Sunday freebies.

But that's just the point - he wasn't having a go from a personal point of view, he was pointing out that certain people were depriving OAFC of revenue.

But how many of those whining got drenched on Saturday or at home to Forest, Wolves, Port Vale or Blackpool last season???

S_W is making a point (not whining) and once again, you have got totally the wrong end of the stick. After getting it wrong the first time (and having it pointed out by garcon and butters), I'm surprised you are still making out that he's having a pop at you and others.

So for those of us who like to sing in the Lookers Upper (from time to time), will we be hushed when it becomes the main stand? It would be good to know as the ground develops where like minded people are going to be so at the end those fans who want to sing but don't want to be in the Chaddy can get together in one of the stands down the side.

In the meantime, I'm still not sure but would be grateful if someone can tell me if we will be able to go in the RRE when work commences.

On where we go whilst building, I think the idea is that the small RRE section will be available along with whatever's available in the main stand/chaddy... but I don't think anything concrete has been decided on that so if you have a very specific preference or thoughts on the matter it may be worth getting in touch with Alan.

I've got one of the best seats in the ground (NSM upper, front row, on halfway) and the reason i've still got that seat this season is because my Dad wanted to stay in the NSM in order to get first dibs on season tickets for the new stand. I like new initiatives which try to bring more money into the club such as the £1 games last season but it seems that season ticket holders get the bum end of the deal for these initatives without being compensated (I personally don't want much a free programme or 10% off in the shop for that day but it'd have been nice to have had soemthing). This year and last both my Dad and I didn't go to enough games to make a season ticket worthwhile but yet we still paid for one.

However when we brought our Doncaster tickets for the cup we both got in for concession prices my Dad recently got his bus pass so doncaster see him as an OAP (unlike Oldham) and I'm a student so i get in cheap as well (unlike Oldham where if you are in full-time employment and earning whatever money you can you get in cheap if you are under 19, but us students who are older- i'm 23 and on a course which has lasted a lot longer than 3 years- can't). This is something which i think the club could fix.

There are lots of things the club could do to make it fairer for someone but not for others (for example ticket prices could go up elsewhere as a result) and if people see loopholes and use them then that's fine by me i'd personally not do it because i'd have to live with a dishonest decision on my conscious and been a strong supporter of this club i'd rather not cheat them out of money. People will moan about it all the time but that is the way of life, but to have a go at people for some loophole when you may get benefit elsewhere is wrong.

Oh and btw i got soaked as well on saturday (albeit not as bad as others) but that's the price i pay for being on the front row.

However when we brought our Doncaster tickets for the cup we both got in for concession prices my Dad recently got his bus pass so doncaster see him as an OAP (unlike Oldham)....This is something which i think the club could fix.

Welcome to the campaign Mrs. Sideburns and I have been running to get the age for senior concessions at OAFC reduced from 65 to 60, to tie in with the bus pass and many other Clubs. If a woman is in receipt of state pension at 60 why should she pay full rate for tickets? There must be lots of women who can no longer afford to buy season tickets or go to as many games as they would like since becoming a pensioner. I think that they should be able to produce evidence of their State Pension entitlement and then get a discounted season ticket, encouraging more of them to attend.

For all those who think I have the ear of the Club and I can get things done, you may be interested to know that my pleas to the Club on this subject have been rejected time and again. The Club's policy, which is reviewed every year, is to give senior concessions to everyone over the age of 65, regardless of whether they are still working or not. Why give a concession to someone who is working and can afford to pay full price?

My birthday falls about two home games into the season. So, in order to get a concessionary season ticket in 2008, I shall have to pay the full match price for the first two games and then get the concession for the remainder of the season, taking the risk that my seat has already been sold.

So you see at OAFC life isn't fair, but we still love the Club and trust TTA. Another example of keeping the Faith.

I can't imagine anything happening until we have received detailed planning permission on the full development.

Hope I'm wrong but I think we might have a few more hurdles to jump before we can start picking our seats in the new stand

The Advertiser reports (my bold type and *):

New state of play

12/12/2007

OLDHAM Athletic still have several hurdles to clear before their vision of a futuristic Boundary Park can finally be realised.

In November, the club received full permission to demolish and construct a new Broadway stand with a 5,200 capacity, conferencing/banquetting facilities, lettable office space and associated landscaping works.

But Tuesday’s successful application for new south and west stands, hotel and fitness club, 553 residential apartments and 140 key worker units, is only outline permission – consent in principle – and a more detailed plan, or plans, must be submitted for full approval at a later date.

Before then, officials must complete detailed discussions with third parties on the complex commercial and financial agreements needed to secure the residential, hotel and retail elements.

Director Ian Hill said: "I can confirm that we’ve already commissioned a developer* to build the stadium.

"We’ll have to sit down now and discuss what happens next with them. The timescales will have to fit in with various factors, such as their existing workload and the club’s own commitments. However, fans should rest assured that we hope to start work on the first part of the new stadium, the Broadway stand, as soon as possible."

* Is Ian Hill talking about Hillstone Developments?

Welcome to the campaign Mrs. Sideburns and I have been running to get the age for senior concessions at OAFC reduced from 65 to 60, to tie in with the bus pass and many other Clubs. If a woman is in receipt of state pension at 60 why should she pay full rate for tickets? There must be lots of women who can no longer afford to buy season tickets or go to as many games as they would like since becoming a pensioner. I think that they should be able to produce evidence of their State Pension entitlement and then get a discounted season ticket, encouraging more of them to attend.

For all those who think I have the ear of the Club and I can get things done, you may be interested to know that my pleas to the Club on this subject have been rejected time and again. The Club's policy, which is reviewed every year, is to give senior concessions to everyone over the age of 65, regardless of whether they are still working or not. Why give a concession to someone who is working and can afford to pay full price?

My birthday falls about two home games into the season. So, in order to get a concessionary season ticket in 2008, I shall have to pay the full match price for the first two games and then get the concession for the remainder of the season, taking the risk that my seat has already been sold.

So you see at OAFC life isn't fair, but we still love the Club and trust TTA. Another example of keeping the Faith.

Sorry Diego, I'm not about to join your campaign as its not me who has now got his bus pass, i'm much more interested in getting a student discount. But you got the point of my post in that life isn't fair and people will always get benefit for the sake of others. Some pensioners make a lot of money (much more than the average wage) but they get the benefits of being over 65/60 still. We are all Oldham fans and some are more hardcore than others (going to committe meetings, travelling about 200 miles to go to a home game etc.) and we all want to club to do well but to say someone is deliberately cheating the club out of money for getting a NSM lower seat and the getting an upgrade is wrong. However, deliberately getting a cheap NSM ticket to get upgraded into the chaddy (or whereever) is wrong as opposed to getting it because you prefer getting wet or more likely its what your budget can afford.

I've got one of the best seats in the ground (NSM upper, front row, on halfway) and the reason i've still got that seat this season is because my Dad wanted to stay in the NSM in order to get first dibs on season tickets for the new stand. I like new initiatives which try to bring more money into the club such as the £1 games last season but it seems that season ticket holders get the bum end of the deal for these initatives without being compensated (I personally don't want much a free programme or 10% off in the shop for that day but it'd have been nice to have had soemthing). This year and last both my Dad and I didn't go to enough games to make a season ticket worthwhile but yet we still paid for one.

However when we brought our Doncaster tickets for the cup we both got in for concession prices my Dad recently got his bus pass so doncaster see him as an OAP (unlike Oldham) and I'm a student so i get in cheap as well (unlike Oldham where if you are in full-time employment and earning whatever money you can you get in cheap if you are under 19, but us students who are older- i'm 23 and on a course which has lasted a lot longer than 3 years- can't). This is something which i think the club could fix.

There are lots of things the club could do to make it fairer for someone but not for others (for example ticket prices could go up elsewhere as a result) and if people see loopholes and use them then that's fine by me i'd personally not do it because i'd have to live with a dishonest decision on my conscious and been a strong supporter of this club i'd rather not cheat them out of money. People will moan about it all the time but that is the way of life, but to have a go at people for some loophole when you may get benefit elsewhere is wrong.

Oh and btw i got soaked as well on saturday (albeit not as bad as others) but that's the price i pay for being on the front row.

The club deal on student prices is fair if you buy the student membership at the start of the year. I paid my £13 and now get in for a tenner at BP. I wouldn't say we're getting a raw deal.

The club deal on student prices is fair if you buy the student membership at the start of the year. I paid my £13 and now get in for a tenner at BP. I wouldn't say we're getting a raw deal.

Is that a new thing for this year because it is the first i heard about it, and does it apply to only the chaddy end? Why should students have to pay £13 to get in cheaper when those between 16 and 19 and working full time get in cheaper anyway, another example of how unfair supporting Latics can be

Edited by rudemedic

Sorry Diego, I'm not about to join your campaign as its not me who has now got his bus pass, i'm much more interested in getting a student discount. But you got the point of my post in that life isn't fair and people will always get benefit for the sake of others. Some pensioners make a lot of money (much more than the average wage) but they get the benefits of being over 65/60 still. We are all Oldham fans and some are more hardcore than others (going to committe meetings, travelling about 200 miles to go to a home game etc.) and we all want to club to do well but to say someone is deliberately cheating the club out of money for getting a NSM lower seat and the getting an upgrade is wrong. However, deliberately getting a cheap NSM ticket to get upgraded into the chaddy (or whereever) is wrong as opposed to getting it because you prefer getting wet or more likely its what your budget can afford.

My 'welcome to the campaign' was in jest as the campaign has already failed! I appreciate it's your Dad who has the bus pass, but your point about students of your age being exempt from concessions:

However when we brought our Doncaster tickets for the cup...I'm a student so i get in cheap as well (unlike Oldham where if you are in full-time employment and earning whatever money you can you get in cheap if you are under 19, but us students who are older- i'm 23 and on a course which has lasted a lot longer than 3 years- can't). This is something which i think the club could fix.

is equally valid. The point being that OAFC happily gives concessions to people under 19 and over 65 in employment and earning, but does nothing for those on reduced incomes, who could be attracted to BP if cheaper rates were available.