Residents Together in the Advertiser

I agree, the resident's comments are particularly underhand and border on the libellous imo. Could we collectively ask the Chronicle to retract those comments? Or perhaps one of the Trust Directors could get in touch with the editor and let him know in no uncertain terms that such throwaway quotes will not be tolerated by decent hardworking, law abiding citizens who will not sit back and allow their reputations to be tarnished for having the audacity to be a football fan.

I'll put something together and it can be sent to The Chron under my name as a Director of The Trust. I'll also see if Trust Oldham can make a statement which could be printed in The Chron as well.

As garcon has said, The Chron though are only reporting what they've been told and so aren't culpable in this.

We weren't introduced on Saturday in the George, but one of our fans was talking about how the BP redevelopment would affect residents. He said that one of the Broadway residents had shown him the 'Little Wembley' wall at the rear of his property, indicating that it was where an eight-storey apartment block was going to be built right up to the boundary of his home.

To put the record straight the link shows the latest plan of the proposed development. Block A is the nearest to the Broadway properties and it will be three/four storeys in height not eight. It is separated from the residents' homes by a car park containing 173 spaces. So the resident's statement was incorrect.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2281/212094...9059170b9_b.jpg