Channel M Video On New Ground

my my,look at that,you edited your post 6 mins after posting it,and yes i do know that the two are seperate have done for a couple of weeks,unfortunately you didnt when you posted it,now point trying to back track now and paint me in the bad light.

get a life.

Actually Ed...if you look it took you 10 mins to post your reply....i had edited my post within 6 mins....so I had posted my edited before you had posted your reply...touchy bugger :) I am also posting on my mobile on way way back from Millwall......which isnt the easyiest thing to do in the world...

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I also just clear something else up!

I aint a Oldham basher....My opinions stated in this thread are nothing more or less than what has been spoted by the vast majority of users on this board over the last couple of weeks. This council has let the town down. I see the development as MASSIVE step forward for the town and the first step forward this town has taken in about 15 years! Personally the step came too late for me. Its going to be another ten years before enough step forwards have been taken to make this town great again.

I love oldham and its people but its been going backwards for a long time and im not going to subject my children to a crappy life in that town like i had to live with. I will move back in the future if it stops failing its people.

Can I also just clear something else up!

I aint a Oldham basher....My opinions stated in this thread are nothing more or less than what has been spoted by the vast majority of users on this board over the last couple of weeks. This council has let the town down. I see the development as MASSIVE step forward for the town and the first step forward this town has taken in about 15 years! Personally the step came too late for me. Its going to be another ten years before enough step forwards have been taken to make this town great again.

I love oldham and its people but its been going backwards for a long time and im not going to subject my children to a crappy life in that town like i had to live with. I will move back in the future if it stops failing its people.

thats fair enough.

but quite a few people havent had enough of this town yet and still live here earn here bring there children up here and so on,and in the grand scheme of things its a lot better than most places.

but you cant go round arguing with people because they dont agree with your views on the development.

i bet if you went round and asked the majority of the neighbours on the development and said the building wont encroche on your property and they will only be 4 storeys high they would be for it.

just the same if you asked each and every oldham fan at bp on a match day you would be suprised just how many dont want things to change for various reasons.

mainly being why develope a ground for 20-25k people and have 6k rattling around inside it.

some peoples idea of redevelopment would be a lick of paint and to scrape the pidgeon muck off the seats.

but you cant have a go at them.

but you cant go round arguing with people because they dont agree with your views on the development.

Ed seriously....its for the best you dont reply to my threads because I am thinking you dont understand the whole point of what a discussion forum is all about.....the whole idea is to ARGUE YOUR POINT....dear lord...

anyway...thats enough anyway....not saying any more in this thread unless it gets back on topic...

Ed seriously....its for the best you dont reply to my threads because I am thinking you dont understand the whole point of what a discussion forum is all about.....the whole idea is to ARGUE YOUR POINT....dear lord...

anyway...thats enough anyway....not saying any more in this thread unless it gets back on topic...

back on topic.....

ok then what was your point in your earlier thread regarding the validity of die hard fans being apprehensive about the development.

latics fans have a right to be apprehensive about this project,as we are still waiting for tta's to formally announce exactly what there intentions are now they have planning permission.

nobody knows for sure if there going to be here longer than when they get there money back.

most peoples apprehensions will more than likely be that they have to change seats,nothing more or nothing less.but there entitled to that view and there entitled to be apprehensive.

now debate this issue properly please.without name calling or lowering the tone into a full blown attack.

back on topic.....

ok then what was your point in your earlier thread regarding the validity of die hard fans being apprehensive about the development.

latics fans have a right to be apprehensive about this project,as we are still waiting for tta's to formally announce exactly what there intentions are now they have planning permission.

nobody knows for sure if there going to be here longer than when they get there money back.

most peoples apprehensions will more than likely be that they have to change seats,nothing more or nothing less.but there entitled to that view and there entitled to be apprehensive.

now debate this issue properly please.without name calling or lowering the tone into a full blown attack.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9394

I think your totally missing my point of view.....nothing wrong with being apprehensive ....as i demostrate with the link above...being AGAINST it ...now i have a problem with that because its not good for the town or the club for this to happen...it might be bad for a hand full of residents but the town is bigger and more important than them...

My opinions and thoughts are stated above...no point going over them again....im not prepared to play this cat and mouse game with u ed

Edited by oafc0000

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9394

I think your totally missing my point of view.....nothing wrong with being apprehensive ....as i demostrate with the link above...being AGAINST it ...now i have a problem with that because its not good for the town or the club for this to happen...it might be bad for a hand full of residents but the town is bigger and more important than them...

My opinions and thoughts are stated above...no point going over them again....im not prepared to play this cat and mouse game with u ed

i cant win so i dont know why i try...really i dont.

i dont need convincing of your thread you started the other day,it was a very well thought out constructed post regarding peoples fears.

nobody is denying that,just your outburst in this thread calling channel m kn-obs,and saying die hard fans are stupid for not wanting it,and how dare the nimbys as you say moan about the scale of things.

lets not get carried away here,we have outline permission only,not full permission yet,there is still a hell of a long way to go before it finally gets put into practice so to speak.

we can now develope the nsm stand after christmas which will take 2 years,but there is still a chance the residents will get things scaled down so to speak along the way.

like i said its a different point of view,and just exactly the same as you would be saying if someone built an 8 storey block of flats at the bottom of your garden.

i cant win so i dont know why i try...really i dont.

Why do you try ?? I have my opinion and you havent convinced me otherwise....

nobody is denying that,just your outburst in this thread calling channel m kn-obs,and saying die hard fans are stupid for not wanting it,and how dare the nimbys as you say moan about the scale of things.

I didnt mean the WHOLE of channel m just there mikey mouse news department. The sports department do a good job. As for the nimbys and so called die hards. my feelings on these people are clear. havent got much time for them to be frank. The development is good for the town which is more important than them, imo.

The residents are fighting there own selfish corner. They are entitled to do that. The club are fighting for there selfish corner. But this development is bigger than the club or the residents its good for the whole town. I expect news channels to highlight there opinions but way it up with cold hard facts that the planning EXPERTS brought forward. I dont think its acceptable to say "oh look at these poor old residents and how bad it will be for them" without saying "but the experts say they have nothing to fear".

Anyway, there is nothing more i have to add to this discusion so going to move on to more intresting threads :P

Edited by oafc0000

I've got a merchandising idea ... a new range of OWTB handbags, done out in club colours, and nice and heavy for swinging around. :lol:

If everyone's going to lose the plot every time something vaguely construed as anti the grand plan is published we're in for a looooooooooooooong two or three years...

If everyone's going to lose the plot every time something vaguely construed as anti the grand plan is published we're in for a looooooooooooooong two or three years...

I hardly think point out piss poor reporting is loseing the plot mate.... Or is it only ok to do this when the Chron does it ?

Not at all.

In fact I was going to comment that it seems strange that so many are so keen to knock the Chron when they print quotes from the residents but no-one uttered a word when the very same quotes appeared in the Advertiser.

No, my point is that there are quite a few on here who seem incapable of keeping a lid on their emotions whenever they read anything that dares to be even slightly contrary to their own views. And there is a VERY BIG difference between calm, intelligent discussion and the hysteria that floods these pages sometimes. It is very sad that fans of the same club, who ultimately want the same thing, are so eager to throw their teddies out the pram at the slightest provocation. To me it smacks of ignorance, bad manners and an incredibly insular and blinkered outlook. But then, that describes an awful lot of Brits extremely well.

the fact that in summer if they want to sunbathe in there back garden they are going to be overlooked by someone either looking out of an 8 storey window or hotel room.

What the Channel M reporter should have done was confront Hardy with the residents ill informed complaints and let him answer them.

Like the wild guess that there aren't enough parking places for the new residents, he should have looked at the plans, there are, I've counted them.

Like the statement that there is no coach parking area, he should have looked at the plans, there is.

Edhunter you are as bad as the residents. More misinformation!

The hotel will not overlook any existing houses. Look at the plans and the artist impressions, it only overlooks the new flats.

No one is going to be able to see Mrs Nimby in her bikini. Look at the plans and the artist impressions, the 8 story blocks of flats either overlook the pitch or other new flats or the Clayton pitches, or are opposite the Hotel. The flats nearest to the residents were never the tallest ones and they have now been made even lower in the latest plan.

And as far as edhunter's other comment "when this is fully finished there is going to be constant traffic noise " they live next to Broadway and a retail park don't they, what do they hear now??

Edited by laticsrblue

Not at all.

In fact I was going to comment that it seems strange that so many are so keen to knock the Chron when they print quotes from the residents but no-one uttered a word when the very same quotes appeared in the Advertiser.

No, my point is that there are quite a few on here who seem incapable of keeping a lid on their emotions whenever they read anything that dares to be even slightly contrary to their own views. And there is a VERY BIG difference between calm, intelligent discussion and the hysteria that floods these pages sometimes. It is very sad that fans of the same club, who ultimately want the same thing, are so eager to throw their teddies out the pram at the slightest provocation. To me it smacks of ignorance, bad manners and an incredibly insular and blinkered outlook. But then, that describes an awful lot of Brits extremely well.

I think what happens between the Chron and Advertiser on that one is that the Chron publishes the quotes daily and they get discussed/slated on here and by the time Weds comes around and the Advertiser publishes them, it's all been covered. So the Advertiser kinda gets away from the abuse. TBH, I've been quite impressed with the Chron this time around with the letters they've published on both sides (yep, some bull from RT but they have to print them to show fairness).......however, in true Chron style they :censored: it all away when on the most important day in the clubs history, they put us on the front page along with a dirty, red scum badge/article. A :censored: trick IMO! Dicks!

I think what happens between the Chron and Advertiser on that one is that the Chron publishes the quotes daily and they get discussed/slated on here and by the time Weds comes around and the Advertiser publishes them, it's all been covered. So the Advertiser kinda gets away from the abuse. TBH, I've been quite impressed with the Chron this time around with the letters they've published on both sides (yep, some bull from RT but they have to print them to show fairness).......however, in true Chron style they :censored: it all away when on the most important day in the clubs history, they put us on the front page along with a dirty, red scum badge/article. A :censored: trick IMO! Dicks!

Edhunter you are as bad as the residents. More misinformation!

The hotel will not overlook any existing houses. Look at the plans and the artist impressions, it only overlooks the new flats.

No one is going to be able to see Mrs Nimby in her bikini. Look at the plans and the artist impressions, the 8 story blocks of flats either overlook the pitch or other new flats or the Clayton pitches, or are opposite the Hotel. The flats nearest to the residents were never the tallest ones and they have now been made even lower in the latest plan.

And as far as edhunter's other comment "when this is fully finished there is going to be constant traffic noise " they live next to Broadway and a retail park don't they, what do they hear now??

read the thread properly please,then you will see what view i was coming from,the original debate was how pathetic the residents are for complaining of the size and scale of the development.

and like has been sad,the very vast majority of fans on here are blinkered in as much as we all want the same outcome,we all want to see bp shiny and new with lots of money coming in better players coming in and maybe just maybe a return eventually to the good old days of premier league football.

that my friend is fact and very much a given.

the residents will only see things from there point of view and dont particulary want a load of noisy football fans,extra traffic everyday from the comings and goings of the new residents and the hotel with its conferencing facilitys,they just want things to stay as they are as once maybe twice a week they can live with football noise for a few hours.

they dont give a damn if the club survives or goes bust,they are only interested in themselves.

but you cant deny one or all of the groups concerned there views of the development.

and to come on here and say things like the residents are complaining of the sheer scale of it.....tools,dont they realise the importance,without backing up or even trying to understand there point of view is just taking a one sided view of things.

like i said would you be happy with a phonebox or bust stop being put at the top of your path,or an 8 storey building at the bottom of your garden......be honest most of us wouldnt.and would complain instantly to the highest authority possible.

so how does putting two points of view across a debating table make me as bad as the residents????

like i said would you be happy with a phonebox or bust stop being put at the top of your path,or an 8 storey building at the bottom of your garden......be honest most of us wouldnt.and would complain instantly to the highest authority possible.

Not sure what a bust stop is, but if it's what I'm imagining they can build one next door to me :gorgeous: