He's the man

Hughes was on the hat trick he was right to take it.

Edit: Saying that I can't see Davies ever arguing with Liddell when he's back over a penalty. I presume Hughes will have been appointed taker in Lidds absence so why does Davies think he can take it from Hughes? Ah well only a minor issue.

TBH, that's the problem....before Bournemouth, I don't think anyone had been appointed. That led to the fall out over the pen there. I'm presuming Davies was saying today, come on...you had the last one. Shez should've sorted this. BTW, the pen was Hughes' 2nd goal so he wasn't on a hattrick at that point.

Edited by boundaryblue80

How much will Hughes be worth when he's fully match fit.....cos he isn't quite there yet! first hatrick of many I'd say that today.

We're beginning to get what was expected. People said it was a risk (even controversy aside) but there was never any doubt that the guy has the quality to play a higher level. As he improves his fitness and gets matches under his belt, he's showing this more and more.

TBH, that's the problem....before Bournemouth, I don't think anyone had been appointed. That led to the fall out over the pen there. I'm presuming Davies was saying today, come on...you had the last one. Shez should've sorted this. BTW, the pen was Hughes' 2nd goal so he wasn't on a hattrick at that point.

Oh aye :blush:

Still I trust Hughes with pens more than Davies. Don't know why, just seems that Hughes should take them if Lidds isn't available.

Guest oa_exile
I can understand why strikers want to take pens, it should be in their blood, however I want to see more freindship between these two. Bad blood (if there is any) between a strike force isn't needed.

Maybe they are both on Goal Bonus's ? part of the "Deal" to bring them here ?

Hughes will soon be up with Davies in the leading scorers charts. Personally i doubt Anyone would take Hughes on. If we keep this form going for a few months there is no reason we cant be challenging for the playoffs. if we can go one better than last year this time i honestly see Hughes staying faithful to us, repaying the faith we have shown in him. If we dont go up (lets face it, this is more likely at this moment in time) how many clubs would "touch" him? I reckon Hughes will be with us for the rest of his career TBH, with maybe an increase in wages. No matter what happens, He is fast becoming a future legend.

Both Davies and Hughes fighting again to take the pen............shows they are both hungry for goals !

Onwards and Upwards !

I didn't see any problem between them about taking the penalty.

They were both guilty of being greedy, particulary Hughes at 2-2 with Taylor completely unmarked. But Hughes has that assurance that he will score goals and, sure enough, he popped up with the winner!

Didn't see Daies in the picture when we had a pen ..... hughes was simply given the ball. Be with us for some time if not rest of his career. Yep should have given a simple pass to Taylor open for a shoot on goal ... nice to see Taylor having a go at him for not doing so, shows how hungry they all are to score

To be honest i can't see Hughes moving anywhere else for the rest of his career.

He and his family are settled in Oldham and his wife and kids love it here. I can see him scoring goals for us for many years to come.

tbh i think the rivalry between the 2 can only be a good thing just as long as it doesnt goto far

tbh i think the rivalry between the 2 can only be a good thing just as long as it doesnt goto far

Thats true....

Who is taking the pens should be sorted out before they go on the field and will save these needless arguments... Just dont want it boiling over on the pitch and creating bad blood between then... Hughes is yet to miss one and has taken the last two so my money is on him. If he starts missing a couple swap it to Davies...

Thats true....

Who is taking the pens should be sorted out before they go on the field and will save these needless arguments... Just dont want it boiling over on the pitch and creating bad blood between then... Hughes is yet to miss one and has taken the last two so my money is on him. If he starts missing a couple swap it to Davies...

If you watch the ITV highlights closely, Davies sprints for the ball with his arms out whilst Hughes obviously demands the ball too. What was pleasing to see, is that Davies was the first to congratulate him after scoring, so perhaps he's found his dummy afterall.

Guest sheridans_world
If we keep this form going for a few months there is no reason we cant be challenging for the playoffs.

I would like to point out that if we win our game in hand against Swindon, we will only be 3 points outside the playoffs, it has the potential to be all change after the Xmas period.

Spot on with that. He owes his family a lot and his wife and kids being settled is worth a lot to Lee himself. The fact the club has supported him will let him get on with playing his football.

All this chatter about his wife and his kids and the hostility and the bottles on the pitch and the dancing around and the bloody hatrick and that finish for the third...

...people seem to have forgotten that he lost his man for their second goal and should be dropped immediately, if not given a free transfer to Accrington Stanley.

Sheridan out.

All this chatter about his wife and his kids and the hostility and the bottles on the pitch and the dancing around and the bloody hatrick and that finish for the third...

...people seem to have forgotten that he lost his man for their second goal and should be dropped immediately, if not given a free transfer to Accrington Stanley.

Sheridan out.

He isn't the best at defending set pieces it must be said. I think his striker's instinct still gets him into positions to make a goal happen.