Their version of today

I think there are two reasons why he shouldnt be doing it.

1. He should not be doing anything to incite the opposition fans. The only thing he need to do to shut them up is score. Every other play does their signature celebration, but he is not every other player. He is different because of his past actions, and whether our fans like it or not he will always be treated differently, and he doesnt need to do it. Im not saying he shouldn't celebrate, but maybe if he changes his celebration it would be better.

agreed

"hughes strolled around the pitch without a care in the world or any remorse for what he's done"

He's on the pitch to play football ffs! Can someone explain to me how exactly is he meant to show remorse while doing that?

Miss all his chances, misplace all his passes, generally be a twelfth man for the opposition. Should he score he should hold up his hands and do his best to get one back for the opposition.

That seems to be what everyone else wants from him. Stuff 'em :grin:

"hughes strolled around the pitch without a care in the world or any remorse for what he's done"

He's on the pitch to play football ffs! Can someone explain to me how exactly is he meant to show remorse while doing that?

He is supposed to wear a sackcloth and ashes with "Hillstones" on it, everyone knows that.

Lol, I think we all know he did a little more than what you're all seemingly referring to as merely a little bit of D&D.....yes, 50% of people may have drank past the limit and driven. But 50% of the population haven't done what Hughes did. Which I'm perfectly right in pointing out. Just coz I don't sit with many of you on the subject, don't tell me to happily accept it and agree with you. And the whole issue doesn't need discussing again....my mind is made up thanks! I go about my own way in how I support the club on the Hughes issue....you go about yours....and we'll both have to agree to disagree!!!

As for the celebrations....you've clearly misunderstood. Celebrating and inciting are two different things. I've no problem with him celebrating but I have if it goes too far and incites. The problem with that though is the spectrum of opinion is massive from Latics fans who'd say even him putting two fingers up at the oppo isn't incitement, to the oppo fans who would cry that merely grinning at them is incitement. I'd prefer Hughes to air on the side of caution in his celebrations (which concerns me that yesterday, he possiblity didn't) as our name has been dragged through the mud enough already over signing him. If you don't care about that.....well tough, I do, so I'll say what I think if he goes too far!

Lol, I think we all know he did a little more than what you're all seemingly referring to as merely a little bit of D&D.....yes, 50% of people may have drank past the limit and driven. But 50% of the population haven't done what Hughes did. Which I'm perfectly right in pointing out. Just coz I don't sit with many of you on the subject, don't tell me to happily accept it and agree with you. And the whole issue doesn't need discussing again....my mind is made up thanks! I go about my own way in how I support the club on the Hughes issue....you go about yours....and we'll both have to agree to disagree!!!

As for the celebrations....you've clearly misunderstood. Celebrating and inciting are two different things. I've no problem with him celebrating but I have if it goes too far and incites. The problem with that though is the spectrum of opinion is massive from Latics fans who'd say even him putting two fingers up at the oppo isn't incitement, to the oppo fans who would cry that merely grinning at them is incitement. I'd prefer Hughes to air on the side of caution in his celebrations (which concerns me that yesterday, he possiblity didn't) as our name has been dragged through the mud enough already over signing him. If you don't care about that.....well tough, I do, so I'll say what I think if he goes too far!

In the eyes of the law he never actually committed the offence of D&D.

everyone knows all these so called fans from other clubs would be defending lee hughes like we are atm. Im sure if he was at millwall or another team that has given him TOO much stick we wudnt give him this much hassle for it. whats done is done and cant be changed. he knows that aswel as everyone else. what more he do to show hes sorry for it. hes done his time and learned his lesson

Firstly can I say I'm fully supportive of us Giving Lee Hughes a second chance, and I think on the whole the way he has conducted himself has been pretty good from the off. But I have to admit that I'm not too happy about Hughes' goal celebrations; I think for this first season back it would be better if he acted with a bit more dignity and respect, he could simply just run with a raised arm or something rather than do that stupid dance.

everyone knows all these so called fans from other clubs would be defending lee hughes like we are atm. Im sure if he was at millwall or another team that has given him TOO much stick we wudnt give him this much hassle for it. whats done is done and cant be changed. he knows that aswel as everyone else. what more he do to show hes sorry for it. hes done his time and learned his lesson

Jody Morris

Done for drink driving (along with a whole host of other stuff) and Milwall only recently released him due to injuries.

No doubt if he was able to make a come back and was superb that would be completely different from Hughes' case from a Milwall point of view.

Just leave the brainless idiots to bitch at each other and then when they come to BP they can be the masters of their own downfall again when they get Hughes fired up again.

Think about it...... you're actually listening to a Milwall fan on the subject of what's morally right ? :D haha

Edited by cmr

What is wrong is that the refs take into account who the home crowd are - so you get a card for clenching your fists when it's Millwall, but nothing for doing exactly the same at Cheltenham or Bournemouth. Why should a player have to moderate his behaviour to accomodate thuggish knuckledraggers? It's them who need to be sorted out, not a player who wants to celebrate a goal.

What makes me laugh is that fact that all these fans of clubs like Millwall etc are saying he's showing no remorse and swanning round the pitch and all that stuff. They see him for what, 90 mins or maybe 180 mins in the season.

They have no interest in what he's doing in the community etc, it doesn't fit their agenda.

Morons.

What is wrong is that the refs take into account who the home crowd are - so you get a card for clenching your fists when it's Millwall, but nothing for doing exactly the same at Cheltenham or Bournemouth. Why should a player have to moderate his behaviour to accomodate thuggish knuckledraggers? It's them who need to be sorted out, not a player who wants to celebrate a goal.

Agree 100%

What makes me laugh is that fact that all these fans of clubs like Millwall etc are saying he's showing no remorse and swanning round the pitch and all that stuff. They see him for what, 90 mins or maybe 180 mins in the season.

They have no interest in what he's doing in the community etc, it doesn't fit their agenda.

Morons.

Indeed....I think their idea of showing remorse is him playing with his chains nd handcuffs still on! Or even his head and hands locked in stocks! :grin: