Singing section?

Can anyone tell me if this has actually been done for the Leeds and Everton away games? Just want to know before I go and buy my tickets, because I don't want to end up sitting down in silence all game with miserable sods all round me.

PS. Anyone know how these are selling?

TBH I can't think we'll be sitting in silence at either of these games. The least you'll hear is me.

get the back of the upper tier

That's the place to be for the singing!

Alan Hardy answered the phone when I rang to book my tickets. He said people hadn't been asking for the 'singing' area at the back of each section, as agreed with him in advance and posted on here. I suppose that's because we haven't got many singers!

Didn't realise you had to sit at the back to sing ...... seems I'll have to be quiet then

The benefit of sitting at the back is that enlightened stewards allow you to stand without blocking people's view, which improves the vocal intensity!

Feel free to sit where you like Mark and we don't want anyone to be quiet, but forgive us if you're sat too far away for us to hear your Zigga Zagga chant, coming from a seated position! :grin:

They should of advertised a singing section! I'll be sat with all the George Hill moaners now..

As someone wanted the song words on here the other day, I feel this could be an appropriate point to help you out.

"Bloody 'ell Smalley, that's not how you warm up"

"Put your foot through it"

"Play football, don't just whack it away"

"Shout for it you idiots"

"Ricketts, that was your man"*

"Look up Davies. Bloody headless chicken"

"Sort it out Sheridan"

"Crossley! He's a bloody liability"

Just interchange and use at random throughout the match. Repeating is necessary.

*It doesn't matter

<_< i love a good sing song, didn't know we had sorted a singing section though. Already got my tickets and im in the "upper bullens" which i presume to be upper tier as well.

I assume people read the various threads on OWTB, but I accept that it's time-consuming. Here's one posted earlier in which I asked for 'singing' tickets:

Email sent to AH. Watch this space! :pray:

All Everton tickets are for the Bullens Road Stand in the upper tier, lower tier and paddock, so I presume the seats at the back of each of those levels could be allocated for the singers.

Reply recieved from Alan Hardy:

I will certainly see what we can do to help with this but usually we are under instructions from clubs to sell the tickets in a particular order so that they can steward the fans effectively.

If it is possible then we might put up a sign at the ticket office telling fans to ask if they want a ticket in the singing section.

Alan

When I phoned to book my tickets, they were so busy that Alan Hardy answered the phone. I asked for back row seats in the upper tier and couldn't fault the customer care of the member of staff who dealt with me. I wonder if the Chief Executive at ManUre lends a hand to the staff when it's really busy. :mmm:

Anyone who likes a good sing-song might want to read the ‘Atmosphere at Matches’ positive thread.

There will be opportunities in the redeveloped BP to put right all the perceived problems that stop people singing. If we plan together and put forward proposals that are workable, we might just find the missing atmosphere to make the crowd the 'twelfth man' and prompt Shez into referring to us once again as 'different class'. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

They should of advertised a singing section! I'll be sat with all the George Hill moaners now..

The suggestion was originally made here on owtb, for the club to sell tickets at the back of the stand to those who want to sing, to try to get us all together. Diego contacted Alan Hardy, who said it was possible and that if people asked at the ticket office they could get tickets at the back.

Admittedly it hasn't really been mentioned anywhere other than in the original post, possibly due to efforts going into the whole Planning Permission push.

It seems that it may not work particularly well on this occasion, due to a lack of awareness. However, if done right I think it remains a good idea and one which the club should look at for future matches.

As someone wanted the song words on here the other day, I feel this could be an appropriate point to help you out.

"Bloody 'ell Smalley, that's not how you warm up"

"Put your foot through it"

"Play football, don't just whack it away"

"Shout for it you idiots"

"Ricketts, that was your man"*

"Look up Davies. Bloody headless chicken"

"Sort it out Sheridan"

"Crossley! He's a bloody liability"

Just interchange and use at random throughout the match. Repeating is necessary.

*It doesn't matter

lol - sooooo true (unfortunately!)

Have we now gone from trying to get the whole of the crowd singer to having a special area for the singers??? :shock:

Not at all - we're trying to use the one as a means of getting the other. It worked at Forest, accepted as the best away atmosphere this season, even without any goals to encourage the singing!

Experience shows that in big games, when we have to sit in ticket numbered seats, there are insufficient willing singers sat together to start singing loud enough to encourage others to join in. So why not try to get the willing singers sat together? If they're sat at the back of each section, even if not permitted to stand, the noise created should reverberate down through our fans towards the players.

Do you think it's worth a try?

Not at all - we're trying to use the one as a means of getting the other. It worked at Forest, accepted as the best away atmosphere this season, even without any goals to encourage the singing!

Experience shows that in big games, when we have to sit in ticket numbered seats, there are insufficient willing singers sat together to start singing loud enough to encourage others to join in. So why not try to get the willing singers sat together? If they're sat at the back of each section, even if not permitted to stand, the noise created should reverberate down through our fans towards the players.

Do you think it's worth a try?

Top idea I think. I'll be singing and making a general arse of myself whereever I am (i know im upstairs but not sure wear) probably irritating a bunch of fairweather fans.

Top idea I think. I'll be singing and making a general arse of myself whereever I am (i know im upstairs but not sure wear) probably irritating a bunch of fairweather fans.

We need lots of people to irritate the fairweather fans, so that they join in, rather than feel that they'e the odd ones out!

We need lots of people to irritate the fairweather fans, so that they join in, rather than feel that they'e the odd ones out!

Definitely – well for the first time in years a group of us have got organised and bought all out tickets together so that there will be 7 of us generally making arses and irritating the expletive out of all the fairweathers.

Definitely – well for the first time in years a group of us have got organised and bought all out tickets together so that there will be 7 of us generally making arses and irritating the expletive out of all the fairweathers.

im on row G in the upper bullens and will be guarenteed to be making a racket, we just need everyone joining in with the singing, even the ones just turning up for the day out.

Has anybody arranged a boozer to go in before the game yet?