Oldham Ticket Office = Disgrace?

I don't know what other people's experiences of the Oldham ticket office are. I think in person they are fine, on the telephone they are a disgrace, an absolute shambles.

Usually i'll turn up and pay, but occassionally for away games I need to buy over the phone. Every time some nonsense excuse is used to stop me. Today, trying to buy an Everton ticket for me and my son, I live too close, Whitefield, and they are rather busy so they refuse to post. This is crazy, had I been calling from Land's End or John O'Groats the tickets would have been paid for and on the way right now. As it is, I probably won't be able to make it to the ticket office, so they can shove them sideways up...

I am not asking for free postage, I will happily pay. Some sort of ridiculous thing like this happens every single time I try to buy over the phone. Are we Manchester United or Real Madrid who can pick and choose fans, or are we a small struggling club sharing a catchment area with about 20 other clubs in the region.

I can't get to the club, I work full time and have a young family. My wife is a Nurse who works shifts. I leave work and have to race to the nursery to pick my 2 year old up. I take him in on the way to work. I can't leave work at 3pm to do a round trip of Greater Manchester, and i'm sure the job of the ticket office is to sell and distribute tickets. Whether or not I can make it to the club ticket office is my judgement, not someone in the ticket office.

So Bolton, my Dad's a fan, offer great family deals for games like Birmingham and West Ham in the next couple of weeks at similar prices and I can book online or phone up....

I don't know what other people's experiences of the Oldham ticket office are. I think in person they are fine, on the telephone they are a disgrace, an absolute shambles.

Usually i'll turn up and pay, but occassionally for away games I need to buy over the phone. Every time some nonsense excuse is used to stop me. Today, trying to buy an Everton ticket for me and my son, I live too close, Whitefield, and they are rather busy so they refuse to post. This is crazy, had I been calling from Land's End or John O'Groats the tickets would have been paid for and on the way right now. As it is, I probably won't be able to make it to the ticket office, so they can shove them sideways up...

I am not asking for free postage, I will happily pay. Some sort of ridiculous thing like this happens every single time I try to buy over the phone. Are we Manchester United or Real Madrid who can pick and choose fans, or are we a small struggling club sharing a catchment area with about 20 other clubs in the region.

I can't get to the club, I work full time and have a young family. My wife is a Nurse who works shifts. I leave work and have to race to the nursery to pick my 2 year old up. I take him in on the way to work. I can't leave work at 3pm to do a round trip of Greater Manchester, and i'm sure the job of the ticket office is to sell and distribute tickets. Whether or not I can make it to the club ticket office is my judgement, not someone in the ticket office.

So Bolton, my Dad's a fan, offer great family deals for games like Birmingham and West Ham in the next couple of weeks at similar prices and I can book online or phone up....

I suggest you copy your post to Alan Hardy and ask for his comments.

alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

I suggest you copy your post to Alan Hardy and ask for his comments.

alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

thanks DS, i spoke to him last time this happened, i've just mailed him. I had previously sent it to Judith Lane and the enquiries address

appreciate it

thats disgraceful....but unsurprising....i have had similar problems in the past...

thats disgraceful....but unsurprising....i have had similar problems in the past...

When I bought my Everton tickets, the queue was only 6 long but people were moaning. Justifyably, it was wet and cold. I just hope that in the brave new world, the ticket office is undercover and has more than 2 windows open.

Think Tesco. Big queues = more staff. It is not like the club does not have the resources. Lets face it.. how many players are there? 30 or 40? Just imagine the picture.... we need more ticket sellers, the players want more money, let them respond to the demand and give an hours time, it may make them grateful for their comfortable lifestyles.

In this day and age I should be able to phone the ticket office up, buy a ticket and have it deleirved....it really shouldnt be a problem...

When I lived in Oldham I couldnt get to the ticket office because I worked in Salfrod Qauys and by the time I got home they were closed. Used to have issue after issue buying tickets over the form. I would of sacked the lot of them a long time ago. Same people, same problems, same grumpy couldnt give a dam attitudes, every year and I am posative we have lost lots of money over the years because of that ticket office.

Blah, blah, ticket office still a shambles, blah, blah, my wife's a nurse, OldhamSheridan's mind goes elsewhere... :naughty:

:grin::shock::angry:

back to the topic, there is potential for losing fans over this, i only ended up a Latics fan because my dad for some reason took me to Oldham v Blackburn. He supports Bolton, but I was hooked. Only takes one game, but if we turn people away and it's easier elsewhere....

:grin::shock::angry:

back to the topic, there is potential for losing fans over this, i only ended up a Latics fan because my dad for some reason took me to Oldham v Blackburn. He supports Bolton, but I was hooked. Only takes one game, but if we turn people away and it's easier elsewhere....

Manchester United....go to the offical site..sign up for the free membership....you then have access to buy general sale tickets (since the stadium expansion most tickets end up with general sale tickets avilable).....pay for it online....delivered hassel free a few days later....

Thats what we are up against.... Its the same at most clubs but its even easier to get a ticket.....

Oldham....you got to jump through hoops and am I right in thinking you still can't buy with a credit card ??

EDIT: cheers diego

Edited by oafc0000

Manchester United....go to the offical site..sign up for the free membership....you then have access to buy general sale tickets (since the stadium expansion most tickets end up with general sale tickets avilable).....pay for it online....delivered hassel free a few days later....

Thats what we are up against.... Its the same at most clubs but its even easier to get a ticket.....

Oldham....you got to jump through hoops and am I right in thinking you still can buy with a credit card ??

Was that "can" meant to be "can't"?

It is - due to the Chargeback Rules and Regulations.

You can pay by Creditcard for everything else either in person or via the 'phone/ online.

Point stands.....you can buy your season ticket using a credit card at other clubs......this is what we are up against!

If you want one, you can easily get a Manchester City season ticket, and buy it on a credit card.....its easier for me to get to there ground than it is for me to get to Boundary Park. I have to pay up front for a Oldham one or agree to the fiance deal which involves you being credit check etc......again jumping through hoops....

We need to make it easy to come to Oldham....its easier elsewhere right now....not good for business...

I'm surprised you know so much about ManUre's ticket facilities but not Latics'. You can buy tickets using debit cards free of charge or using credit cards for a small charge.

Steady Diego.....that was creeping below the belt....I am a Oldham fan for life...would never support another team...your reply starts to suggest stuff without actually going there....

My dad is a red and a Oldham fan.....they do actually exist :P I usally get him a ticket for United for his Birthday and for Christmas....that why i know how united ticketing works...plus i worked there for three years :disappointed:

As for Oldham....I usally pay on the day or buy from ticket office.....couldnt afford season ticket upfront this year....and because you couldnt buy on a credit card had to give it a miss....

The few times I have bought over the phone have been a nightmare...

Edited by oafc0000

Steady Diego.....that was creeping below the belt....I am a Oldham fan for life...would never support another team...your reply starts to suggest stuff without actually going there....

My dad is a red and a Oldham fan.....they do actually exist :P I usally get him a ticket for United for his Birthday and for Christmas....that why i know how united ticketing works...plus i worked there for three years :disappointed:

As for Oldham....I usally pay on the day or buy from ticket office.....couldnt afford season ticket upfront this year....and because you couldnt buy on a credit card had to give it a miss....

The few times I have bought over the phone have been a nightmare...

I personally would rather travel from Lands End to John o'Groats to watch Latics than walk round the corner to watch Citeh.

I take your point about the ticketing situation at BP though, with less than 5,000 attendances we really should be trying to help fans obtain tickets not hindering them.

Oldham ticket office is most definately not the greastest thing about the club, look at the shambles it was last year for the play-off tickets. Getting a ticket outside of 9-5 is no longer a problem for me since my Dad is retired in all but paperwork and it gives him something to do (i usually go with him anyway) but I'm glad i had an unexpected day off for the Blackpool away ticket day last year. In this modern era not to accept payment by credit card for everything is a farce (although I'm fairly certain they do, bar season tickets), but there are ways to get round this as one of my dad's drinking buddies screwed the scum out of money using a legal bit of credit card avoidance (its becoming illegal though as they've not received payment but the scum probably see it as not worth it to get the money back by going through the courts). A new ticket office is desperately needed one with more than two windows (they don't need to staff it any bigger except for big games or peak times- like around match time) and facilities to deal with anyone who wants to pay over the phone by credit card as they can't get there during the day. BTW isn't the ticket office open early on Saturday and i don't think we'll sell out Leeds and Everton by then.

Edited by rudemedic

Well, Alan Hardy's been great as ever. Quick response and he has been extremely helpful.

The crux of his reply was that the ticket office is short staffed at the moment due to sickness and leave and that local fans are encouraged to collect tickets by calling at the ticket office in person. However if you are unable to get to the office during normal hours then phone orders should be accepted.

The only thing missing was a statement saying he would be giving them a rocket about their levels of customer service. You'd think you were ringing the ticket office staff at home during tea time with their attitude. They just hate to be bothered. I shouldn't have to liase with the Chief Exec/Director to get a match ticket.

Well, Alan Hardy's been great as ever. Quick response and he has been extremely helpful.

The crux of his reply was that the ticket office is short staffed at the moment due to sickness and leave and that local fans are encouraged to collect tickets by calling at the ticket office in person. However if you are unable to get to the office during normal hours then phone orders should be accepted.

The only thing missing was a statement saying he would be giving them a rocket about their levels of customer service. You'd think you were ringing the ticket office staff at home during tea time with their attitude. They just hate to be bothered. I shouldn't have to liase with the Chief Exec/Director to get a match ticket.

Agreed....

The ticket office in person isnt the best either. Improved since Gay statto was there but I dread going to collect tickets at dinner because they seem to take for ever to pass over tickets. I've never phoned them up to get tickets but I can imagine what it'd be like! I'd email Corney/Blitz as it's their club and the potential of losing customers over something so easy to sort out would really annoy them. Won't be long though till we get our new big shiney stand and all the problems will go away..hopefully.

The ticket office in person isnt the best either. Improved since Gay statto was there but I dread going to collect tickets at dinner because they seem to take for ever to pass over tickets. I've never phoned them up to get tickets but I can imagine what it'd be like! I'd email Corney/Blitz as it's their club and the potential of losing customers over something so easy to sort out would really annoy them. Won't be long though till we get our new big shiney stand and all the problems will go away..hopefully.

A bit harsh there Kev. Looks like this complaint has been dealt with effectively as I'm sure any other complaint would if it were brought to the Club's attention.

I've bought hundreds of tickets over the years (in person and by 'phone) and have never had the slightest reason to complain - in fact if anything, I've often been impressed with how much the staff have gone out of the way to help.

As you say, the new facilities will help and I'm sure the Club are already thinking of ways the ticketing can be improved.

Never had a problem with the ticket office myself. Ordered tickets plenty of time over the phone and theyve always been polite and posted tickets for free for me, OK I dont live in the Manchester area but just thought Id put my 2p in as you only ever hear of bad reports, nobody ever says anything positive :)

Piss funny.....you're going a bit red in the face there OAFC0000..... :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80