Junior Mastermind

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but Sav, you are still minus 2 now!!

I didn't know the Tranmere score, Malawi, Betsy turning down the Seychelles or Oldham County

I knew oldham county,the only thing now is diego is going to find i spelt Malawi wrong twice :dunce:

Yeah, but Sav, you are still minus 2 now!!

I didn't know the Tranmere score, Malawi, Betsy turning down the Seychelles or Oldham County

Got them all apart from Malawi. His dad should be shot for not passing on tales of Ian Marshall's brace, probably the most important goals in the clubs history!

Just got back from Boundary Blues Xmas Party and Mathew was there.

He got to the final of the "Jump On The Back Of A Player When The Music Stops" and Franny announced his win this evening on the box and got a huge round of applause.

After the game, and collecting his prize, Alan Hardy was talking to Mathews dad and taking notes.

Hope the Club are going to acknowledge his brilliant achievement through Mr Hardy.

I got all but Oldham County. Can't believe I didn't know that. It wasn't even one of those "Oh yeah" moments when he read out the answer, I didn't have a clue.

Just been replaying Sky plus.....

What is Oldham Athletics nickname?

Who was the club's manager in the 2002/3 season when they reached the playoffs but lost to QPR?

Oldham's largest home crowd came to see them play which team in the 4th round of the FA Cup in 1930?

Which controversial character became the chairman of the club in 1965?

What is the name of Oldham's official mascot who won the Mascot Grand National in 2002 and 2003?

Which Welsh international goalkeeper joined Oldham from Fulham in 2007?

Oldham played their 1st competitive game at Wembley against Nottm Forest in the final of which competition in 1990?

Who scored a record 141 league goals for Oldham between 1980 and 1994?

The most goals ever scored in a football league game was on Boxing Day 1935 when Oldham lost to Tranmere Rovers. What was the final score?

Who were Oldham's opponents in the 1990 FA Cup Semi Final and replay, both played at Maine Road?

Which player did Oldham sell to Everton for £1million, only to buy back a year later for £600,000?

In 1899 Pine Villa changed their name to Oldham Athletic when they bought the football ground Sheepfoot Lane from which club?

Who scored 6 goals against Scarborough in the League Cup in 1989?

Kevin Betsy turned down the chance to play for which country in the COSAFA cup to help Oldham?

Which former Oldham player won 64 caps for Norway?

When Earl Barrett collected the Second Division title in 1990, the trophy mistakenly bore the name of which club?

To celebrate coming out of administration, Oldham's new owners gave free admission to everyone for a 6-0 win against which club?

Who scored 2 goals against Ipswich to win Oldham promotion to the First Division in 1990?

Oldham toured Rhodesia and which other country in 1967?

I didn't know 4 of them :(

His parents should be very proud of him. He seemed intelligent AND grounded. Good job all round....!!!! :applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1:

Edited by Latics & England

"Oldham toured 2 African countires in ????, Rhodesia and...? Bangdaglesh?"

OAFCShuck??? Come on now... :wink::grin:

Would've got 3 wrong myself. Couldn't remember the Betsy one either but I knew it began with S. Was thinking Sierra Leone but wasn't convinced it was that either. Wouldn't have got the Oldham County answer, nor the 2 African countries toured.

well done Matthew - beat me - i got 5 wrong (including Ian Marshall, even though I was there !!!)

I think the little toff's stubborn refusal to 'pass' cost him big time, that and the afct his general knowledge in comparison to the others came up short!

I also found his choice of subject a little lacking in credibility when most of the William Wallace story is based on Myth and folklore rather than firm historical fact. I particularly enjoyed the young lad's comment re: Wallace's 5 foot sword, find that hard to swallow by the fact the 'towering' Wallace is widely accepted by most credible historians to have been a right short-arse!

Being a potential history teacher I was impressed how quickly Matthew correctly identified Henry VIII's successor.

Got them all apart from Malawi. His dad should be shot for not passing on tales of Ian Marshall's brace, probably the most important goals in the clubs history!

Well done Matthew a credit to your club and family! Good luck in the final!

LOL BB80, only other person to pick up on the african Bangaladesh, I do love reading stuff like that :D

I wouldnt have got Malawi or Oldham County.

Can I ask what everyones answer to this Q was?

Oldham played their 1st competitive game at Wembley against Nottm Forest in the final of which competition in 1990?

Was the League Cup acceptable or did it have to be the Rumbelows Cup as that was my answer and not 100% convinced Im right.

LOL BB80, only other person to pick up on the african Bangaladesh, I do love reading stuff like that :D

Was the League Cup acceptable or did it have to be the Rumbelows Cup as that was my answer and not 100% convinced Im right.

I thought it was the Littlewoods Cup.

I thought it was the Littlewoods Cup.

Latics nickname? The Latics

Kevin Betsy turned down the chance to play for which country in the CONCACAF cup to help Oldham? The Seychelles

Which controversial chairman left the club in 1965? ? Pappa Smurf

Who scored 6 goals against Scarborough in the League Cup in 1989? Frank Bunn :bblue2:

To celebrate coming out of administration, Oldham's new owners gave free admission to everyone for a 6-0 win against which club? Grimsby Town :bblue2:

Oldham played their 1st competitive game at Wembley against Nottm Forest in the final of which competition in 1990? Littlewoods Cup

Which Welsh international :laught16: goalkeeper joined from Fulham in 2007? Mark Crossley

Who is Oldham's record goalscorer? Roger Palmer :imnotworthy:

In the highest aggregate scorline in football league history, Tranmere Rovers beat Oldham on Boxing Day 1935 by what scoreline? 13-4? :sign0007:

Which player did Oldham sell to Everton for £1million, only to buy back a year later for £600,000? Mike Milligan :sign0173:

Boundary Park saw it's record attendance on January 25, 1930 against which club? Sheff Wed over 47,000

Pine Villa, the previous name for Oldham Athletic, changed their name when they bought the football ground o Sheepfoot Lane from which club? 1905? Oldham County

Oldham toured 2 African countires in ????, Rhodesia and Malawi

Who was the manager when oldham reached the playoffs in 02/03? Iain Dowie :angry:

When Oldham won the Second Division title in 1990, the trophy mistakenly bore the name of which club? West Ham United :tongue1:

Who scored 2 goals against Ipswich to win Oldham promotion to the First Division in 1990? Ian Marshall :bblue2::bblue2:

It wasn't Rumbelows - it was the Littlewoods Cup. Matthew answered Littlewoods and got it given as correct, but I am sure that League Cup would also have been given as correct.