I wish we had signed him permanently............

And to be totally fair he certainly haddnt shown any signs of being the major star he would turn out to be at that staged, he had promise but then so do alot of players.... he was good but at the time he probably didnt stand out from what we had...

i saw him play for our reserves and he didn't look anything out of the ordinary, i'm no scout tho the players i used to rate at that level went nowhere, remember Ricky Evans? I thought he looked great, was one of my favourites in the reserves at that time, god knows where he ended up

Definetly - Diego whooooa whooa, Diego whooooa whooa!

what about Peter Lichfield and Russell Bromage - both came at the same time - class acts - NOT!!!!

Still have nightmares about Litchfield, he was usually pants whenever Bradford played here, but his performance v Chelsea in a 4-1 home defeat will live with me for a long time, he runs Andy Goram vs Cardiff a very close second for most inept goalkeeping performance from a Latics keeper.

i saw him play for our reserves and he didn't look anything out of the ordinary, i'm no scout tho the players i used to rate at that level went nowhere, remember Ricky Evans? I thought he looked great, was one of my favourites in the reserves at that time, god knows where he ended up

Ricky Evans....bloody hell thats a blast from the past! Wasn't he from the Beresford, Rickers, Allott, McNiven (s) crop, think he was a midfielder wasn't he? I remember going to a rainy, wind swept Boundary Park one Saturday afternoon in November '93 (it was international weekend prior to the San Marino away game that saw us ultimately fail to score the 47 goals we needed to qualify for USA '94) to watch us play Hull in the FA Youth Cup, we won 3-2 and young Evans I seem to remember had a stormer.

Ricky Evans....bloody hell thats a blast from the past! Wasn't he from the Beresford, Rickers, Allott, McNiven (s) crop, think he was a midfielder wasn't he? I remember going to a rainy, wind swept Boundary Park one Saturday afternoon in November '93 (it was international weekend prior to the San Marino away game that saw us ultimately fail to score the 47 goals we needed to qualify for USA '94) to watch us play Hull in the FA Youth Cup, we won 3-2 and young Evans I seem to remember had a stormer.

:grin: yes he was from that bunch and he was a midfielder, quite skilful, could tackle and made good positive runs into the box. think he might have been mad as a hatter tho

Agree with a lot on Prozac's list, but I think we ended up much better off for not getting Beckett. His best years were already behind him and it was time to move on.

I think with Beckett I chose him more for sentimental reasons than for anything else. We had gone 10 years + without an out and out goalscorer and it was great for us to again have a finisher of sorts. His first goal for the club vs Luton said it all, he anticipated the mistake from the defender in putting his backpass short, intercepted it and buried the chance. We hadn't seen such opportunism from one of our strikers probbaly since Sean McCarthy!

I think with Beckett I chose him more for sentimental reasons than for anything else. We had gone 10 years + without an out and out goalscorer and it was great for us to again have a finisher of sorts. His first goal for the club vs Luton said it all, he anticipated the mistake from the defender in putting his backpass short, intercepted it and buried the chance. We hadn't seen such opportunism from one of our strikers probbaly since Sean McCarthy!

Very true...

I was impressed with Giddings when we had him on loan this season.

True, looked very committed and solid at left back. Would love us to keep Bertrand but it will never happen. He plays football the right way imo, looking to keep it on the ground and into feet. Always looking for one-twos and overlaps, he's really grown in his time with us. He has a great future, hopefully Chelsea will be good enough to let us have him for the rest of the season.

Could've done with keeping that Ronaldinho chap - remember wotchin him playing for t'reserves against Cowdenbeath in a friendly, didnt show too muchg in that game only the 15 goals and 12 assists but can quite understand why why didnt bother - nae mind - think Taylor is better any road!