i was recently having this conversation wiv my brother of who do we get when we lose killer and he mentioned tomasz cwyka which could be a decent signing does any1 know how the lad is doin or has he been lost in the reserves??

o.a.f.c .ktf.

this is my 1st post so if anything is wrong thats y!!!!!!

I'm still hoping we can extend the Kilkenny loan deal until the end of the season.

Don't think he's played for the Wigun first team this year .... well according to the stats he hasn't

I reckon we could keep killer now till the end of the season. Mcleish has said he wants to give every player a chance but does anyone really think he is good enough to play for Birmingham? I like Killer and reckon he could play at the highest level in the future but i don't think anyone could say he could play for brum right now, no point in him going back to sit on the bench (at best) and play in the reserves. I think we'll extend his loan till the end of the season and see where we are then.

I reckon we could keep killer now till the end of the season. Mcleish has said he wants to give every player a chance but does anyone really think he is good enough to play for Birmingham? I like Killer and reckon he could play at the highest level in the future but i don't think anyone could say he could play for brum right now, no point in him going back to sit on the bench (at best) and play in the reserves. I think we'll extend his loan till the end of the season and see where we are then.

division two, its clicking i can hear it from here

I'm sure that Cykwa guy is on loan at another club, Northampton perhaps? I think Kilkenny might be tempted to stay here, what with his girlfriend being a local and all. The question is whether Birmingham will command a fee, hopefully not but I'm sure we couldn't afford much.

Would he be worth a fee? He might do 'a Gregan' and not play so well once he's given a long term deal.

Of course in an ideal world it would be lovely to keep him, but I think finances will dictate if he makes he stay, this time around, into a permanent one.

Keep the Faith

Where the hell has this "doing a Gregan" term come from, it suggests something that is totally untrue and wrong.

Gregan has had some great games for Latics since he signed on a permanent deal in January, both last season and this season as well as being made club captain in the summer.

If he was so bad from January until May then that shows incredibly bad judgement on Shez's part to then make him Captain.

Some people talk and type some right rubbish, it's just stupid to use this term, but then again some people are just stupid.

'Doing a Gregan' - to me - refers to him playing blindingly well (as we all know to be true) while here on loan, then only putting in really good performances once in a while after he signed permanently.

Yes yes he is one of our better players, but he's not always on top of his game. Would he walk back into the team right now, for instance?

I'd hardly say it's 'stupid' to critique a player when (in my opinion) his performance level dropped for a period of time.

This season the one time he's truly looked a class act was away at Burnley, that one stood out for me.

Anyway, back to KK, surely we could persuade him to stay? McLeish will probably want to build his own team at Birmingham, so I'm thinking our Neil will be looked upon as a fringe player?

Especially when Birmingham make statements to the press about becoming a top-six Premiership side *titter*

Keep the Faith

its probably best if shez's judgement is ignored for now or people will bring up crossley, thommo and ricketts however unfair. hes still learning he will make mistakes you say he hasnt i say he has, all will be told in the passage of time

I'm not saying that Shez hasn't made mistakes, he must now regret signing Ricketts on a 3 year deal as that clearly hasn't worked out, but what I am saying is that I don't think making Gregan Captain was one of them.

I would love to see tomasz cwyka, i thought he was an excellent prospect while he was here last time but he didn't really get a chance then. If not him i always rated Spicer when he was at Bournemouth, although he hasn't really done it at Burnley perhaps a loan back to league one would do him the world of good to get his confidence up. Though to be honest i really can't see Kilkenny playing for Birmmingham so he may well be here until the end of the season.

'Doing a Gregan' is a little harsh, yes he went through a bad patch but he was back to playing well before he got injured. Doing a Reeves would be more appropriate, he was excellent when he was on loan from Chesterfield then as soon as he signed permanently he was a completely different player

I would love to see tomasz cwyka, i thought he was an excellent prospect while he was here last time but he didn't really get a chance then. If not him i always rated Spicer when he was at Bournemouth, although he hasn't really done it at Burnley perhaps a loan back to league one would do him the world of good to get his confidence up. Though to be honest i really can't see Kilkenny playing for Birmmingham so he may well be here until the end of the season.

'Doing a Gregan' is a little harsh, yes he went through a bad patch but he was back to playing well before he got injured. Doing a Reeves would be more appropriate, he was excellent when he was on loan from Chesterfield then as soon as he signed permanently he was a completely different player

Good, knowledgeable post.........for a girl! :wink:

I'm sure that Cykwa guy is on loan at another club, Northampton perhaps? I think Kilkenny might be tempted to stay here, what with his girlfriend being a local and all. The question is whether Birmingham will command a fee, hopefully not but I'm sure we couldn't afford much.

Would he be worth a fee? He might do 'a Gregan' and not play so well once he's given a long term deal.

Of course in an ideal world it would be lovely to keep him, but I think finances will dictate if he makes he stay, this time around, into a permanent one.

Keep the Faith

someone on here posted a few weeks back, that not long after his move to athletic, kilkenny split with his GF and now lives with bertrand! weather this is a factor in him staying/going i dont know? has anyone noticed kilkenny goes barmy at shez whenever shez has a go at him? never saw a player give it a manager that much in a long time.

as for cywka, dunno where he is at the moment. but forest were strongly linked with him in the summer.

Polish tom is playing regularly in Wigins reserves. I'd have him back anytime. If Shez is looking for a young striker to blood at this level City have a bag full. Evans , Moore and Marshall are all handy I believe.

Polish tom is playing regularly in Wigins reserves. I'd have him back anytime. If Shez is looking for a young striker to blood at this level City have a bag full. Evans , Moore and Marshall are all handy I believe.

Isn't Evans on loan at Norwich? Czyvka (or whatever) would be a good replacement. Should have been given more chances when he was here last as you could see his obvious talent when he came on against Huddersfield at their place. I can really see Kilkenny staying though for some reason. I really hope we keep Bertrand as well. That guy is a class act.

I think the recent difference from Kilkenny is just that he’s getting involved more and doing the things that make him stand out in the third division. Ratman could do the job of sitting deep and passing from wing to wing, and offers more defensively there as well. We need Kilkenny to be running at men on and looking for clever little one-twos or through-balls. Basically being a bloody nuisance and a constant worry to the other lot. I think he needs to have a think about where his career is going IMO. He simply isn’t good enough for the Premiership and he needs to work out if he is best trying to make it at a large second division club or trying to make it and progress with the likes of us.