Bad news for leeds game

He's the worst ref in the Premiership.

And with the likes of Steve Bennett around that is saying something.

I remember him reffing games for us a few years ago and then being totally perplexed when he was promoted. That view hasn't changed. And he's been utterly diabolical every game this season.

I think he's a good ref on the whole, but then again I tend not to listen to permanent ref moaners like Moyes, Hughes and Fergie.

Excellent point Coco. Do you agree that with the excellent form and spirit in the team at the moment, we shouldn't be worried about the official and should focus on getting another well-deserved result on our own merits?

Excellent point Coco. Do you agree that with the excellent form and spirit in the team at the moment, we shouldn't be worried about the official and should focus on getting another well-deserved result on our own merits?

im glad it aint bennett.after his poor showing again last night......diabolical.

clattenburg to be fair has had more good games than bad.

least its not some unknown muppett making a name for himself

Personally I think Clattenburg is a decent Ref. Apart from the Brentford game where he sent Pogs of for nothing. He disallowed the Penalty that the Lino gave against Shez Jnr at QPR in the Play Off Semi Final.

As has been said before on his day he his one of the Best Referees in the Country.

This could have been a lot worse its about time the FA realised that key games in our division are more important than run-of-the-mill games in the money league (why we got an non-premier league ref for the play-offs last year i don't know). Personally anyone who sends Fergie off can't be all that bad (Wisey's a bit like a junior fergie). There aren't a lot better refs in the country although we do have good luck with Mr. Friend, he's actually not that good. I'm going to reserve judgement on him til i see him ref.

Personally I think Clattenburg is a decent Ref. Apart from the Brentford game where he sent Pogs of for nothing. He disallowed the Penalty that the Lino gave against Shez Jnr at QPR in the Play Off Semi Final.

As has been said before on his day he his one of the Best Referees in the Country.

Agree entirely. He had one terrible game against us but every time I've seen him since, he's been pretty good. As Amoweb says, the QPR play-off game was a great display of refereeing.

The problem with refs is that we tend to notice their mistakes but I'd say that Clattenburg makes less than most and he's on TV a fair bit as well so we see him more.

hes a tit, never forgiven him for sending off les for no reason vs brentord a few years back!

Agree totally....and it wasn't just that he sent Pogs off in that game!!! We won that game 2-0 but I remember being in the Queens pub after it saying how it was incredible that we'd won 2-0 but all I could think of was the utter imcompetence I'd witnessed. Indeed, the general thought was that because he'd been so bad for the full 90mins and we gave him a lot of :censored: for it, he sent Pogs off just to piss us off. I still believe that to this day!

A cock of the highest order!

Has somebody been breaking mirrors at BP or what, this :censored: is even worse than Joslin. How the :censored: he ever got on the Premiership list I'll never know

It's funny though when you hear dirty reds and that having a pop at these refs though. I just feel like saying.....we could've told ya what you were getting! But as they don't think footy exists at our level...serves em right :grin: