Ticket update! (Numbers sold)

Thats an open invite for anybody passing stakehill at that time :wink: (so if anybody wants a lie in and spend a bit of quality time with the wife/girlfriend i'm your man)

Which ever way you look at it, chrismas is an expensive time. If we take 2000+ to leeds and 4000+ to everton within a week, its a bloody good turn out. We are not a big club and that if fantastic support. Dont forget Boxing day, another boozy day out. Its a disgrace to charge £24 at leeds, but that football.

Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mebbe people would rather have their hub caps stolen than be thumped by a gang of Leeds fans. :grin:

There'll be one less hooligan after this court case. His granddad will be turning in his grave.

Interesting to know that last season's pitch invasion by Leeds fans, in an attempt to get the match abandoned, gets a mention. Still waiting for the F.A. to take action over that - should be at least a points deduction!

The Yorkshire Post reports:

Hooligan grandson of Leeds legend is jailed

A GRANDSON of Leeds United legend John Charles has been jailed for soccer hooliganism.

Christopher John Charles was locked up for six weeks after pleading guilty at Leeds Magistrates' Court to attempted criminal damage, pitch invasion and breaching a three-year banning order.

Charles, 22, of Bank House Lane, Pudsey, Leeds, has also been banned from attending United and England matches for six years and is not allowed within a mile of Elland Road two hours before and one hour after matches.

He was part of the invasion at Elland Road in April when a 1-1 draw doomed United to relegation.

Charles was seen trying to pull down the netting in a goalmouth and then giving a V sign towards the directors' box.

John Charles, who died in February 2004, is regarded as Leeds United's greatest ever player.

He is a legend in Wales, playing for his country in the 1958 World Cup, and is remembered in Turin where Juventus paid a record £65,000 for him and nicknamed him the Gentle Giant.

His widow, Glenda, was too upset to talk about the actions of her husband's grandson by his first marriage.

Det Insp Phil Wright, who investigated the trouble at the Ipswich match, said: "I am sure Christopher Charles's family will be deeply disappointed at his actions."

Magistrates heard that Charles was given a three-year ban from games after being convicted for harassment at the Leeds v Millwall match in December 2004.

He was seen on Elland Road knocking people to the ground.

In the wake of the disturbances at the Ipswich game, police later released photos of a number of supporters they wanted to trace.

Charles was among them and was identified by a member of the public who called police.

It was revealed yesterday that after being arrested for the offence in 2004, Charles tried to escape justice by assuming the identity of a friend. He gave police the name Ross Myers along with a date of birth and postcode.

Ross Myers and his parents underwent months of heartache until they went to court to clear Ross's name. Charles knew Ross, now 25 and serving in the RAF, through his elder sister and also because they lived in the same street in Garforth, Leeds, at the time and both attended the same high school.

Ross's mother Bernadette Myers, 57, said: "Christopher Charles knew Ross's birth date and postcode and gave those details to police. The first thing we knew was when the police came knocking on our door, looking for Ross.

"We then got a letter banning our son from Leeds United matches. Obviously, I got in touch with Ross, straight away. He said it wasn't him but he had an idea Christopher Charles might have given the police his details, which is what happened."

We do have alot of fans who like to hit that panic button.

1500 sold for Leeds is pretty good going. Take into account that we've got two local aways within a week and especially coming after christmas and the new year. People just arent going to be able to afford both and will prioritise. Most going for the glamour of the cup against an inform Premiership team. No home games to buy tickets for either.

As for 4,000 Everton tickets. I havent got mine yet and i'm not in any rush. Season Ticket Holders shifted 3,000 and they've barely shifted a thousand since they went on General sale a week ago. They'll still be on sale come Boxing Day morning, so why hurry?

I'm sure some Latics think everyone is made of money and should buy tickets weeks in advance.

I'm sure some Latics think everyone is made of money and should buy tickets weeks in advance.

There is alot of young'uns with no family responsibilties who post on here who the saturday trip away with Latics is the most important thing in the world. Unlucky for most with familys....christmas and family are probably more important right now....

There is alot of young'uns with no family responsibilties who post on here who the saturday trip away with Latics is the most important thing in the world. Unlucky for most with familys....christmas and family are probably more important right now....

Totally Agree, although some people don't see it like that.

.....and paying the mortgage !!

:huh:

There is alot of young'uns with no family responsibilties who post on here who the saturday trip away with Latics is the most important thing in the world.

Oh how i dream of those days :thinking2:

Edited by SAV

Life goes in phases in relation to spending power and watching Latics:

The young, who may be able to take advantage of concessions, can choose between beer, opposite sex (or same to be inclusive) and Latics. If they are lucky, they can afford all three.

The homeowner with mortgage payments has more commitments than the young.

The family person may also be a homeowner, but will have more commitments than the homeowner.

The family person supporting a student at University has even more commitments than the others.

The homeowner, who has paid off a mortgage and whose children have left home, may at last have spare money for watching Latics home and away.

The retired person has reduced income but may be able to take advantage of concessions at some clubs.

The person over age 65 can take advantage of concessions.

There is no point wishing our lives away that we were in a different category. I've been in each category except the last one, and I could not always afford to watch my team.

However, out of Oldham's population of approx 250,000 there must be enough people in the categories with spending power to raise attendances to 8,000 and make Latics viable. It's all about choices and the conclusion must be that not enough people are prepared to choose to go to BP to make the Club viable. If some of the people who choose not to go to BP choose to go to Everton instead, it's there prerogative, but I feel that it's mine to comment on that fact.

It's all about opinions - expressing them and not being too touchy about those with whom we don't agree.

Let's hope we top the 8,000 mark on Boxing Day to celebrate TTA getting planning permission and for the Forest game.

However, out of Oldham's population of approx 250,000 there must be enough people in the categories with spending power to raise attendances to 8,000 and make Latics viable. It's all about choices and the conclusion must be that not enough people are prepared to choose to go to BP to make the Club viable. If some of the people who choose not to go to BP choose to go to Everton instead, it's there prerogative, but I feel that it's mine to comment on that fact.

Your post is good identifying the groups but like i said earlier.....if the products poor people wont buy it....and league one is poor....we will NEVER get attendances up to an average of 8,000 in this league. The club isnt viable at the moment, thats why the development was so important.

It's all about opinions - expressing them and not being too touchy about those with whom we don't agree.

I am merly expressing my opinion...im hardly getting "touchy"......

Edited by oafc0000

Your post is good identifying the groups but like i said earlier.....if the products poor people wont buy it....and league one is poor....we will NEVER get attendances up to an average of 8,000 in this league. The club isnt viable at the moment, thats why the development was so important.

I am merly expressing my opinion...im hardly getting "touchy"......

what about the unemployed???

i get £59 a week!!!!

i spent £105 yesterday on tickets.

once this development is done it wont so much matter about attendances in one respect.

but hopefully by then we will be well established in the championship,which should boost attendances,but then again with our fans you just dont know.

I am fortunate enough to not worry about ticket prices but the thing that gets me is the pricing structure of tickets in England full stop.

For example, Everton fans can watch their team play away at Middlesborough for £24.

We play Leeds in the 3rd division and its £25??

The prices in this league for whatever reason are just to high to attract a new fan base.

I know there are 101 reasons for this but it’s just a catch 22 situation and football on TV doesn’t help.

Look at our Tuesday night games for example why would the neutral pay £20 quid to watch 3rd division football when the champions league is on TV?

I only hope the New ground can obtain other ways of income to subsidise some of the cost of match day tickets.

We as a little club are losing the Kids TV generation of Football Fans, that don’t go to watch the game live because its on TV and ticket prices force them out of the market.

I am fortunate enough to not worry about ticket prices but the thing that gets me is the pricing structure of tickets in England full stop.

Bloomin eck mate - theres a bold statement, no matter how much money i have the price of tickets is always worrying!

I only hope the New ground can obtain other ways of income to subsidise some of the cost of match day tickets.

Not a chance in hell... other than the inevitable bucket loads of free tickets given to kids when it first opens (which perhaps attempts to solve your next generation problems) I can only see the price going up due to the better facilities.... way of the world...

Bloomin eck mate - theres a bold statement, no matter how much money i have the price of tickets is always worrying!

Not a chance in hell... other than the inevitable bucket loads of free tickets given to kids when it first opens (which perhaps attempts to solve your next generation problems) I can only see the price going up due to the better facilities.... way of the world...

The Pricing structure of match day tickets once the ground has been fully redeveloped,

Has too many variables to take into account for me to pass comment on.

One thing I will say though (not meaning to state the obvious) is the commercial success of the stadium on non-match days will definitely be reflected in ticket prices.

There has got to be mentioned somewhere in the TTA’s master plan, a strategy for attracting the youth back to Boundary park in large numbers as did Swansea at the start of the season with the £23 season ticket offer for juniors.

I know our ground isn’t that big and Swansea sold over 7000 of said tickets but the “Lost Generation†has surely got to be the next step in securing the future of our beloved club.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

The Pricing structure of match day tickets once the ground has been fully redeveloped,

Has too many variables to take into account for me to pass comment on.

One thing I will say though (not meaning to state the obvious) is the commercial success of the stadium on non-match days will definitely be reflected in ticket prices.

There has got to mentioned somewhere in the TTA’s master plan, a strategy for attracting the youth back to Boundary park in large numbers as did Swansea at the start of the season with the £23 season ticket offer for juniors.

I know our ground isn’t that big and Swansea sold over 7000 of said tickets but the “Lost Generation” has surely got to be the next step in securing the future of our beloved club.

7000 season tickets at £23 each is £161,000, say 1000 of those who brought cheap tickets would have gone anyway and the average season ticket being about 18 games worth so 18*12 (half of 23- a guess at the normal price) then times by the 1000 is £216,000. A loss of of £55,000 (estimated naturally) which is not a sum of money that we can afford (that's probably a weeks wages for the entire 1st team). This could work well as a loss leader (in the vain hope that some of those that come on cheap tickets as a youngster stay as an adult) but Swansea have the advantage of only having to compete with the local rugby teams (you are either swansea or cardiff in that part of the world and it is definately location dependent). The local rugby teams quite often play on a friday night (in the Celtic league) or a sunday (heineken cup) or not at all if its the 6 nations so it works for them. I can't see it working for Oldham though as not only do we have to compete with city and united (who are at least one class above us) but also with Bury, Rochdale, Stockport and the local non-league teams including FC United.

The best way for Oldham to become a viable club is for us to get promoted to the Championship and stay there without over spending on wages (lots of other clubs have got promoted from our league and stayed in the championship for a good few years) as we will easily get 500 extra fans on average per game from just the away support nevermind the home support which was regularly around the 6,000 mark towards the end of last season. The worse thing that happened to Oldham in terms of attendances without being affected by performance was the formation of FC United as instead of 2500 people going to watch the already established league teams when they were unhappy about how their 'beloved' club was run they set up their own and how many of those people would have gone to watch Oldham?

We should be able to attract higher crowds and in the past we have, but it's a valid point that the League 1 product is pretty poor. That is it's poor at the prices we are being charged.

Celebration Sunday showed that there are 12,000+ people willing to get out of their armchairs to watch Latics if there is an incentive, obviously we can't make it free everyweek but it shows interest in the club is there. The Northampton game showed that £5 means that around 9000 - 10000 will turn out so maybe around £10 - £12 pounds will get a regular turnout of 6000 - 8000. This is the price the consumer is willing to pay to watch League 1. The price should go up as we move up the leagues!!

Now I know that it maybe the case that this will not raise enough revenue to sustain the club, but who knows maybe the developed ground and it's extra income may help to subsidise cheaper ticket prices. I would also allow under 12's in for free (including season tickets) and then do something along the Swansea lines for older children, if we get them hooked now they are likely to follow the club for life like we all have. Plus there is the argument that when you get children into the ground they are likely to want merchandise and refreshments which will claw some of the money back.

I've always had the feeling that as a club we don't do enough to get people through the turnstiles; maybe with a new stadium we can have a new start an come up with some fresh idea's on how to do this.

I know what your saying but having been to the Liberty the past few seasons it isnt exactly in the town centre or somewhere where I would allow my kids to go on their own,

Hence their theory of at least one full paying adult going with them on match days.

Swansea have the capacity to more or less give 7000 tickets away and I dont think the £23 season ticket is that much of a strain to them in the great scheme of things.

I used Swansea as an example of clubs reaching out to that particular demographic, obviously we have other factors which you mentioned to take into account.

What we cant afford to do is to ignore the problem of attracting a new generation of fans to BP,

While our illustrious Blue nosed neighbours play in the premiership and sell tickets cheaper than we do.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Guest oa_exile
We should be able to attract higher crowds and in the past we have, but it's a valid point that the League 1 product is pretty poor. That is it's poor at the prices we are being charged.

Celebration Sunday showed that there are 12,000+ people willing to get out of their armchairs to watch Latics if there is an incentive, obviously we can't make it free everyweek but it shows interest in the club is there. The Northampton game showed that £5 means that around 9000 - 10000 will turn out so maybe around £10 - £12 pounds will get a regular turnout of 6000 - 8000. This is the price the consumer is willing to pay to watch League 1. The price should go up as we move up the leagues!!

Now I know that it maybe the case that this will not raise enough revenue to sustain the club, but who knows maybe the developed ground and it's extra income may help to subsidise cheaper ticket prices. I would also allow under 12's in for free (including season tickets) and then do something along the Swansea lines for older children, if we get them hooked now they are likely to follow the club for life like we all have. Plus there is the argument that when you get children into the ground they are likely to want merchandise and refreshments which will claw some of the money back.

I've always had the feeling that as a club we don't do enough to get people through the turnstiles; maybe with a new stadium we can have a new start an come up with some fresh idea's on how to do this.

I agree with what you are saying the Club should look at a "Family Enclosure" or a "Family Area" their are many ways to draw the kids and families in together in a safe enviroment.

Tiered pricing levels on age of the kids and who else comes along , Dad , Mum , etc , etc

The Club will have extra space available so can get some extra bums on seats "Speculate to Accumulate" :chubb: