Ticket update! (Numbers sold)

We did the £23 tickets for kids a few years ago, they were well taken up and they are now £50 I think and there are still hundreds of Boundary Blues members. Sure I read 400 somewhere? That's about 10% of our crowd! Yes 7000 is brilliant but if we only have a a few hundred at £50 and did at £23 I can't see us halving it now improving the situation with regards to kids.

We can't just give them away, these kids do need to have an interest in Latics otherwise every game would be like the annual JPT babysitting game we have at BP in the Chaddy End!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We as a little club are losing the Kids TV generation of Football Fans, that don’t go to watch the game live because its on TV and ticket prices force them out of the market.

Season tickets at BP:

Under 12 - £50 = £2.17 per game

12 - 16 - £159 = £6.91 per game

16 - 19 - £183 = £7.95 per game

Seems reasonable to me.

Guest oa_exile
Season tickets at BP:

Seems reasonable to me.

Cheers D_S didnt realise we already did something along those lines , do we also do a Family Ticket ?

We did the £23 tickets for kids a few years ago, they were well taken up and they are now £50 I think and there are still hundreds of Boundary Blues members. Sure I read 400 somewhere? That's about 10% of our crowd! Yes 7000 is brilliant but if we only have a a few hundred at £50 and did at £23 I can't see us halving it now improving the situation with regards to kids.

We can't just give them away, these kids do need to have an interest in Latics otherwise every game would be like the annual JPT babysitting game we have at BP in the Chaddy End!

It is something that needs a lot of thought and wont be solved overnight.

One idea is to have more price increments that help to appeal to the various age groups.

At the moment we have:

U12

12-16

OAPS

Student

Adult.

I know that most clubs now operate the following structure when it comes to ticketing:

U12

12-16

16-17

18-21

Student

Adult

OAP

Also the more professional clubs have membership schemes / clubs like our Chaddys gang and boundary blues but they integrate some of the membership benefits to the community more.

For example if you’re a member there’s additional clubs associated that provide football training classes/ Academy’s, sports equipment for schools etc.

I think with the facilities that are to be provided within the refurbishments these structures and membership schemes should be easier to integrate and operate

in-house.

Cheers D_S didnt realise we already did something along those lines , do we also do a Family Ticket ?

Mother, father & 2 children - £756 = £32.87 per game

Mother, father & chid - £706 = £30.70 per game

Parent & 2 children - £428 = £18.61 per game

Parent & child - £378 = £16.43 per game

Extra child - £50 = £2.17 per game

Season tickets at BP:

Seems reasonable to me.

That’s great if you’re already a fan and have a season ticket.

The demographic I refer to is the neutral U18's and neutral adults that have to have the incentive to start going to games.

You don’t just decide on the off chance to buy a season ticket, the vast majority will pay full match price to their specific price tier as their induction.

What’s the cost then?

That’s great if you’re already a fan and have a season ticket.

The demographic I refer to is the neutral U18's and neutral adults that have to have the incentive to start going to games.

You don’t just decide on the off chance to buy a season ticket, the vast majority will pay full match price to their specific price tier as their induction.

What’s the cost then?

Season ticket costs:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...,,10337,00.html

You seem to be trying to attract completely new fans to start going to BP, whereas I'm trying to get the people, who say they are fans, to return to BP instead of (or as well as) only turning out for attractive away games.

Season ticket costs:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...,,10337,00.html

You seem to be trying to attract completely new fans to start going to BP, whereas I'm trying to get the people, who say they are fans, to return to BP instead of (or as well as) only turning out for attractive away games.

Wouldnt be a bad idea to have a positive refreshed approach for them both.

Anything new has got to be worth trying.

think tranmere do a "kid for a quid" thing or something like that,like you say kids cant go on there own so an adult must attend.its that adult price that needs looking at.

the club should be seriously looking into other ways to get people in,as has been said why pay £20 for league one when you can watch premier league for £24.

as we are led to believe when this development is finished the club should be self sufficient,so maybe then tta's will do something.£15 is a fair price for league 1 football i reckon.

Middle tier is the part with the worst view apparently.

To be honest - there isnt really such thing as the middle tier - that is just the back of the paddock, behind the pillars... :peepwall: Its like saying the chaddy has two tiers.... erm... nope...

In terms of singing - thing it will be led from the front, so to speak...

:oasissign1:

To be honest - there isnt really such thing as the middle tier - that is just the back of the paddock, behind the pillars... :peepwall: Its like saying the chaddy has two tiers.... erm... nope...

Aye know that just that there selling tickets in those sections thats all.

since when did you become an oasis boy? what happened to the Boast massif?

since when did you become an oasis boy? what happened to the Boast massif?

Boast is an affiliated *cough* off-shoot of Oasis... and there isnt a BOAST banner, and that is despite our vast an numerous following, which will be contributing ATLEAST 0.05% to the Latics following at Everton....

Great Stuff...

:blink: