away support

iam very worried about the leeds tickets not selling very well i cant believe people are not going to this game this is just typical of some so called oldham fans, lets get behind the team and fill that end out because if we dont we are only gonna get hammered by the leeds fans singing is that all you take away and most of the time are away support is fantastic seen as tho we only get about 4200!!!!!!!!!!

I am very worried about the Leeds tickets not selling very well. I can't believe people are not going to this game, this is just typical of some so called Oldham fans. Let's get behind the team and fill that end out because if we dont we are only going to get hammered by the Leeds fans singing 'Is that all you take away' and most of the time our away support is fantastic, seeing as though we only get about 4200!

Calm down. See what it is like after Boxing Day when we've actually played a home game whilst they've been on open sale.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Calm down. See what it is like after Boxing Day when we've actually played a home game whilst they've been on open sale.

Or two home games if you count Walsall on the 29th?

But, he has got a point which I mentioned earlier regardless of it being £25 we should sell out simply because we all hate Leeds :angry:

Or two home games if you count Walsall on the 29th?

But, he has got a point which I mentioned earlier regardless of it being £25 we should sell out simply because we all hate Leeds :angry:

you got to remember that most people dont finish work until tomorrow for christmas,so havent been able to get to bp.plus i think if we win on saturday and boxing day then there could well be a surge.

but with christmas coming and £25 a ticket what do you expect.

typical oldham fans????? the only typical ones are the glory hunters buying everton tickets because its a premier league team.

you got to remember that most people dont finish work until tomorrow for christmas,so havent been able to get to bp.plus i think if we win on saturday and boxing day then there could well be a surge.

but with christmas coming and £25 a ticket what do you expect.

typical oldham fans????? the only typical ones are the glory hunters buying everton tickets because its a premier league team.

Exactly, they'll buy the Everton tickets and sacrifice Leeds for a day out etc, etc.

Very annoying stuff, the same folk won't be at Gillingham in a few tuesdays!!!

Exactly, they'll buy the Everton tickets and sacrifice Leeds for a day out etc, etc.

SORRY LADS didnt mean 2 sounds angry!!!!

ye gud point about the two home games, it just annoys me because no matter what people say about l***s they are still a big (ish) club... o well ive got my ticket ill be there prob p****d from the nite before... ktf

True, but at least we'll see some money from the Everton match.

Listen, if we take over 2000 to leeds, I think that is respectable!!! I think it will be more like 2500, which would be great. We over expect on and off the pitch sometimes. You are looking at nearly £150 in tickets over xmas if you dont have a season ticket, thats without your transport or beer!!! Dont get me wronge I have got mine, but it is alot of money for some people. I am more concerned about the 3900 at home to Crewe????

Listen, if we take over 2000 to leeds, I think that is respectable!!! I think it will be more like 2500, which would be great. We over expect on and off the pitch sometimes. You are looking at nearly £150 in tickets over xmas if you dont have a season ticket, thats without your transport or beer!!! Dont get me wronge I have got mine, but it is alot of money for some people. I am more concerned about the 3900 at home to Crewe????

Well said!

We get a share of all the extra people going to big club Everton, but we wouldn't need to share them if they turned up at BP. That won't happen because they have their own teams to support.

i know wat ur sayin about prices of tickets and are away is prob one of the best in the country seen as tho we only get 4000 at home but i just thought people would be snatching at the l***s tickets but yes it is near crimbo and it is expensive

ktf....oafc

ive got it all to come but not for years yet fingers crossed

I think you need to realise that buying a Leeds ticket the club recived NOTHING! They get half of every ticket bought for Everton! So using this common sense aproach then the REAL FANS will be at Everton.

Edited by oafc0000

I think you need to realise that buying a Leeds ticket the could recived NOTHING! They get half of every ticket bought for Everton! So using this common sense aproach then the REAL FANS will be at Everton.

Know what you mean but it's not half - the F.A. take a cut to be shared out by all competing clubs.

Using your common sense approach the REAL FANS who are at Everton, but rarely go to BP, are usually STAY-AWAY real fans, and that's why the Club is in a financial mess.

We could have just asked for the 1800 seats in the corner section at Elland Road and I think had we been able to make the decision after the FA Cup draw this is what we would have done. Without the Everton game, Leeds away would have been the biggest game of the season and we would have easily taken 2500, as we usually take more than this over to Huddersfield.

I think Leeds are going to be pretty :censored: off with us if we don't sell out, as all their recent games have been sell outs. If we would have just taken the 1800 this game would have been too.

Know what you mean but it's not half - the F.A. take a cut to be shared out by all competing clubs.

Using your common sense approach the REAL FANS who are at Everton, but rarely go to BP, are usually STAY-AWAY real fans, and that's why the Club is in a financial mess.

I thought the discussion was about fans chosseing to go to Everton over Leeds....all im trying to point out is that its in the clubs interest for fans to go to Everton over Leeds....now thats common sense.....

Not many supporters will be able to afford both....and I doubt there are actually all that many STAY-AWAYS going to be at either of the games to be frank...we have average of just under 5,000 home fans ? There be much over that at everton i reckon...

Edited by oafc0000

I think Leeds are going to be pretty :censored: off with us if we don't sell out, as all their recent games have been sell outs. If we would have just taken the 1800 this game would have been too.

I don't think they have. Hudders was a big crowd, but none have been up near capacity unless it has been massively reduced by about 10,000 (it fits 40,000).

Even if it has been reduced they still aren't getting capacity crowds all the time, it's just media spread rubbish.

Plenty have said on here that they are going to Everton with people who don't normally watch Latics. I'm saying it would be good if those people also attended BP.

Your but your stating the bloody obvious..... The fact is the higher the division you are in or the better the team you are playing against the more the support levels go up and down. Its a fact that effects every football club.... Would be great to fill BP every week but League one football is rubbish and expensive to watch..... The whole debate is just dumb!

Sell a :censored: product get a :censored: reception..... Improve the product and improve how many people want it!

Your but your stating the bloody obvious..... The fact is the higher the division you are in or the better the team you are playing against the more the support levels go up and down. Its a fact that effects every football club.... Would be great to fill BP every week but League one football is rubbish and expensive to watch..... The whole debate is just dumb!

Sell a :censored: product get a :censored: reception..... Improve the product and improve how many people want it!

Completely agree. This debate is a little silly :blink: it's very obvious that when a small tream plays a bigger team the attendance goes up, that applies to everyone throughout the league. I aint going to Leeds away, i'm in the country till the 2nd but i'd much rather watch latics at everton and have a day out in Liverpool than pay £25 to watch latics at leeds. I go to every home game and most away but there aint no way i'm paying £25 to watch leeds v latics in league 1. I went to watch city v spurs with a few of my city mates the other night and paid £21.50 :shock:

I'll be coming up there on the 28th to have new year with the folks, so i will be at the wallsall game and i'll be buying my leeds ticket on new years eve (payday for me!), incidently last time i went to leeds v oldham away, was new years day. i think it was 1990!

I don't think they have. Hudders was a big crowd, but none have been up near capacity unless it has been massively reduced by about 10,000 (it fits 40,000).

Even if it has been reduced they still aren't getting capacity crowds all the time, it's just media spread rubbish.

The top tier of the 3 tier stand is closed for this season meaning the capacity is down at around 32,000.