away support

Why oh why do we have to keep having this debate about people who either do choose or do not choose to go to matches. At the end of the day it is upto each individual to decide how to spend their hard earned. People on here are to quick to have a go at those who choose not to attend a game for whatever personal reason they have. It does not have any baring on their loyalty to the club to which most have supported for many years.

I personally have chosen not to pay £25 to watch League One football at Leeds, i think it a very high price to pay whoever the team maybe. However I have chosen to pay the £18 to watch the FA Cup Game as it is a much more reasonable price. It's got nothing to do with the Team who we are playing as I have travelled all around the country to watch the lads but i simply refuse to pay £25.

Why can't everyone just respect each individuals right to choose be it to pay £25 or to go to the game or not. Like I said none of these reflect the loyalty of the individual's support for the club.

There seems to be this underlying attitude by a few on here that they are better than others just because they have the time/money or whatever to get to more games than somebody else.

Anyway :rant.sml: over now.

KTF

(editted for a spelling mistake)

Edited by amoweb

Why oh why do we have to keep having this debate about people who either do choose or do not choose to go to matches. At the end of the day it is upto each individual to decide how to spend their hard earned. People on here are to quick to have a go at those who choose not to attend a game for whatever personal reason they have. It does not have any baring on their loyalty to the club to which most have supported for many years.

I personally have chosen not to pay £25 to watch League One football at Leeds, i think it a very high price to pay whoever the team maybe. However I have chosen to pay the £18 to watch the FA Cup Game as it is a much more reasonable price. It's got nothing to do with the Team who we are playing as I have travelled all around the country to watch the lads but i simply refuse to pay £25.

Why can't everyone just respect each individuals right to choose be it to pay £25 or to go to the game or not. Like I said none of these reflect the loyalty of the individual's support for the club.

Their seems to be this underlying attitude by a few on here that they are better than others just because they have the time/money or whatever to get to more games than somebody else.

spot on there amoweb with everything.ktf.

KTF

There seems to be this underlying attitude by a few on here that they are better than others just because they have the time/money or whatever to get to more games than somebody else.

KTF

Totally agree mate! But I'm quite happy not being in the world of the "Super Fan" thank you very much!

Totally agree mate! But I'm quite happy not being in the world of the "Super Fan" thank you very much!

I am not in the "Super Fan" club either and I am perfectly happy not being.

KTF

I can only speak for myself when I say it is not my intention to create a better-than-others class of 'super fan'.

We have this debate about people who either do choose or do not choose to go to matches because Latics need more supporters from Oldham, which has ceased to be a sporting town.

My aim is to point out whenever I get the chance that OUR Club needs more bums on seats at BP. We know our three benefactors are prepared to keep meeting the losses, but what about the affect on the team when it is playing to such small numbers, the majority of whom are either silent or moaning.

Yes it's the Third Division, but now the team has found its form we've been treated to some good football, and whereas I used to dread watching the team back in Ronnie's days, I really look forward to watching our young team these days. It just happens to be a fact that the most memorable games are away from home, and therefore most people miss them and perhaps fail to be convinced about how good the team can play.

I love the magic of the F.A. Cup and I can't deny anyone the chance of seeing a possible upset, but it grieves me that so many people will flock to Goodison and yet won't even consider going to BP, unless of course it's to watch a better class of opposition in the Cup.

We need as many 'occasional' visitors to BP as possible to turn up against Walsall and Forest and get behind the team to lift its home performances. If we, the fans, can do our bit to get six points from these games, we'll go to Leeds and Everton convinced we can beat any team. We can then show our non-Latics friends at Goodison that the product on show at BP might just be worth them watching after all.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns