David Miskelly

I bumped into Miskelly in bar in Northern Ireland and he turned in a performance worse than the play-off semi. He hated the fans, didnt rate Eyres and his best mate was Tippy! What an idiot, my jaw dropped when he said eyresy just had a left foot. He said the best player at the club was Josh Low and didnt like Andy Ritchie. In diplomatic terms i said "you didnt have the best game against QPR did you?" Portadown my arse.

I bumped into Miskelly in bar in Northern Ireland and he turned in a performance worse than the play-off semi. He hated the fans, didnt rate Eyres and his best mate was Tippy! What an idiot, my jaw dropped when he said eyresy just had a left foot. He said the best player at the club was Josh Low and didnt like Andy Ritchie. In diplomatic terms i said "you didnt have the best game against QPR did you?" Portadown my arse.

Based on these comments it's no surprise he isn't playing at a higher level, if he had even half the talent of Eyres or Ritchie he might have been a decent keeper. Waste of space, him and players like tippy remind me of watching latics getting thumped every week. Glad he has no association to the club any more, rubbish keeper playing in a rubbish team.

what an idiot, if he was any good he'd still be at oldham

If my most memorable achievement at a club was knocking out my own defenders, I would keep quiet about it. What an arse.

ha.....first class knob.....next :)

I used to know him, wouldn't say we were mates though cos he didn't like me and I didn't like him. Cut a long story short he was exactly like that at the club. Hated the fans, lazy, missed training quite a bit, used to turn up still pished, liked a flutter, basically the last thing he wanted to do was represent OAFC. Thought he'd regret blowing his chance but quite clearly not! Oh and he was prone to throwing a few slaps about during domestics...allegedly.

E4e

PR1CK

Edited by LaticNik

Waste of space, him and players like tippy remind me of watching latics getting thumped every week. Glad he has no association to the club any more, rubbish keeper playing in a rubbish team.

After the way many acted when Ronnie was here, I'm amazed someone still exists who actually remembers them days!!! Glad someone does!!!

After the way many acted when Ronnie was here, I'm amazed someone still exists who actually remembers them days!!! Glad someone does!!!

Ohh I remember those days, its basically all i've witnessed.

Miskelly put in a great performance at Derby away, shamed he ballsd it up when it most mattered.

Cardiff away also. I believe he's as fat as Santa now though. Maybe the original poster can confirm?

Cardiff away also!? Are you having a laugh? He let a weak shot from Jason Bowen underneath his body in that game.

David Miskelly was woeful for his entire Latics career. His performances against Barnsley, Port Vale, Plymouth, etc cost us promotion IMO that year.

Cardiff away also!? Are you having a laugh? He let a weak shot from Jason Bowen underneath his body in that game.

David Miskelly was woeful for his entire Latics career. His performances against Barnsley, Port Vale, Plymouth, etc cost us promotion IMO that year.

Lol, yeah, he did let that in but for the rest of the game he kept us in the game. Got the alamo thrown at us until we equalised.

Cardiff away also. I believe he's as fat as Santa now though. Maybe the original poster can confirm?

He wouldnt be League 1 fitness level but not as bad as he has been in the few seasons hes played at Portadown. He complained that he went over for a match recently and nobody in the players lounge would talk to him, only Dux bothered, thats cos he played for portadowns rivals Glenavon a couple of years ago. Apparently his ex-team mate Gary Hamilton(Northern Ireland) was offered terms last year by latics and he turned them down. That didnt come from Miskelly though.

to be fair to Misk..he was still relatively young (21 i think) when here and i don't think it was that he wasn't bothered about playing just for latics,he liked the lifestyle (if you can call it that!) of being a young footballer and didn't really have the commitment to pursue playing at a higher level here and as someone else has stated you only have to look at that squad and some of the players - Mcniven, Boshell, hotte, phil salt and at the time - a poor Mark Allott and not forgetting prenderville!!(anyone remember the free kick he took in front of the chaddy that nearly cleared the A627m!!) :lol: to realise that Misk was in very good company!!