pogs in squad

Let's hope this put's the pressure on Crossley to up his performance, especially with the fact that POGS is a favourite amongst fans.

Is he? Could've fooled me....which is a shame. Or is it those who've always slagged Pogs now go for Crossley and think, Pogs really ain't that bad after all.

negative negative negative.

Good input! Anything more?

Clearly your glass is half empty! Mine is half-full by stating the Poggi-bashers who have had it in for him will now see the quality in him, by comparing him to Crossley who they think is :censored:!

Stop being so bloody negative PG!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Pogs got some flak late on, but I think generally got a very fair rub of the green off our fans. Whenever he flapped at a cross or sliced a ball when he was in dodgy mode there were groans but rarely abuse, and often encouragement. I was always kind of embarrassed when he got praised for doing really basic things as the crowd wanted to keep his spirits up. I'm sure he'll get his chance anyway, and good luck to him

Good input! Anything more?

Clearly your glass is half empty! Mine is half-full by stating the Poggi-bashers who have had it in for him will now see the quality in him, by comparing him to Crossley who they think is :censored:!

Stop being so bloody negative PG!

boundary,the negative jibe was aimed at you,the posters who all replied seemed to be pleased that pogs was in the squad without any snide comments about crossley,then you come along and post something thats got no credability to it.for the record i think pogs is a good keeper who when asked will come in and do a job for us.as for my glass,it's empty now so i'll have a carling cheers.ktf.

boundary,the negative jibe was aimed at you,the posters who all replied seemed to be pleased that pogs was in the squad without any snide comments about crossley,then you come along and post something thats got no credability to it.for the record i think pogs is a good keeper who when asked will come in and do a job for us.as for my glass,it's empty now so i'll have a carling cheers.ktf.

Whooooosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grin:

Pogs is the best keeper we have had since Gary Kelly. FACT, fact, F A C T! Never have I had more faith in a keeper to save a pen than I have wiht Pogs, one on one I back Pogs against a striker. When we score a goal it means as much to Pogs as it does to us, when we let one in it hurts Pogs as much as it does us. When it comes to kicking I fear for the people in the main stand but I forgive him that as he is "our" keeper. With a decent defence infront of him he has been a fantastic player, with a poor defence he has been a poor keeper.

Caveat - Grant was on loan, made a lot of camera saves, started well, faded. He had a semi-settled defence in front of him and the team had turn a corner. Over the time Pogs hass been at the club he has saved us more points than he has cost us.

Pogs is the best keeper we have had since Gary Kelly. FACT, fact, F A C T! Never have I had more faith in a keeper to save a pen than I have wiht Pogs, one on one I back Pogs against a striker. When we score a goal it means as much to Pogs as it does to us, when we let one in it hurts Pogs as much as it does us. When it comes to kicking I fear for the people in the main stand but I forgive him that as he is "our" keeper. With a decent defence infront of him he has been a fantastic player, with a poor defence he has been a poor keeper.

Caveat - Grant was on loan, made a lot of camera saves, started well, faded. He had a semi-settled defence in front of him and the team had turn a corner. Over the time Pogs hass been at the club he has saved us more points than he has cost us.

:applause1::applause1::applause1:

and am i right in saying he holds the record for the most clean sheets in a season.

pogy the best keeper latics have had in last ten years an every latics fan should back him to put presure on to be no 1 so when the other team have a shot on target it doesnt go in !!!!!!!!!!!!!! crossley soft hand on a parr with chris day an ian ironside

Edited by HUGHESY

pogy can make a mistake for me every 5 games, he will have won u 4 of them! If the crowd back him he's class, get on his back an he's not the best but as an ausi he's an oldham lad loves us an playes for us

with his heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HUGHESY

pogy the best keeper latics have had in last ten years an every latics fan should back him to put presure on to be no 1 so when the other team have a shot on target it doesnt go in !!!!!!!!!!!!!! crossley soft hand on a parr with chris day an ian ironside

Absolute twaddle! I prefer Pogs to Crossley, I agree. But to stick Crossley with the likes of Chris Day is a joke. Crossley vs Donny alone (2nd half esp.) shows what he can offer, with outstanding saves. And now he's gaining some fitness and trusting his defence more, he's improving every game. As I said above, it's funny coz Pogs was getting it by many fans who now want to give it Crossley and talk up Pogs. Personally, I think we've got the strongest 1-2 we've had at the club for years and years!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Absolute twaddle! I prefer Pogs to Crossley, I agree. But to stick Crossley with the likes of Chris Day is a joke. Crossley vs Donny alone (2nd half esp.) shows what he can offer, with outstanding saves. And now he's gaining some fitness and trusting his defence more, he's improving every game. As I said above, it's funny coz Pogs was getting it by many fans who now want to give it Crossley and talk up Pogs. Personally, I think we've got the strongest 1-2 we've had at the club for years and years!

Gary Kelly is the best Latics keeper from the last 10 years.

Gary Kelly is the best Latics keeper from the last 10 years.

Totally agree.....Like I said though...."Personally, I think we've got the strongest 1-2 we've had at the club for years and years!"....better than the 1-2 of Kelly and Miskelly, coz Miskelly totally let that 1-2 down. Thankfully, Gary was always fit and able so we rarely needed to call upon the other one.

Totally agree.....Like I said though...."Personally, I think we've got the strongest 1-2 we've had at the club for years and years!"....better than the 1-2 of Kelly and Miskelly, coz Miskelly totally let that 1-2 down. Thankfully, Gary was always fit and able so we rarely needed to call upon the other one.

Ihave to agree with BB80...although that hurts...Pogs and Crossely are by far the best 1-2 we have had in a long time..... I would say Gorham / Hallworth was probably the best we have had..