chelsea after latics ace

eatsleep sportHome >> Football >> Chelsea news Blues eye Latics ace

Last Updated: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:59

Chelsea want to make Oldham Athletic strike ace Djeny Bembo-Leta their next teenage transfer target.

Bembo-Leta is also being tracked by Manchester United and Liverpool but The Blues have already asked Oldham to name their price for the talented youngster.

The player is already looking like a star in the making after impressing with the kids in the Latics youth team and the Blues are keen to get him on board.

The Blues snapped up another player from the Latics when teenage striker Danny Philliskirk signed on a four-year deal last summer and they are now looking to make Bembo-Leta their second signing from Boundary Park.

Reports also claim the Blues could send players north on loan as part of the deal.

eatsleep sportHome >> Football >> Chelsea news Blues eye Latics ace

Last Updated: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:59

Chelsea want to make Oldham Athletic strike ace Djeny Bembo-Leta their next teenage transfer target.

Bembo-Leta is also being tracked by Manchester United and Liverpool but The Blues have already asked Oldham to name their price for the talented youngster.

The player is already looking like a star in the making after impressing with the kids in the Latics youth team and the Blues are keen to get him on board.

The Blues snapped up another player from the Latics when teenage striker Danny Philliskirk signed on a four-year deal last summer and they are now looking to make Bembo-Leta their second signing from Boundary Park.

Reports also claim the Blues could send players north on loan as part of the deal.

Straight Swap for Bertrand would be nice

Guest oa_exile

Sounds a lot like the "Promise" made by Chelski for the players we would have when Danny Philliskirk signed <_<

Only Bertrand to show to date on that "Deal" :mad:

Guest oa_exile
didn't we also get an undisclosed fee? hope these deals have 50% sell on clauses....

Think we got £200K , and i would think a sell on is also in there.

My concern was that the "Deal" had "Promises" of Loanies which have not materialised to date (apart from Bertrand).

Im sure a certain Ukranian needs alittle toughening up ... send him up here and well get him scoring.

good news for our coaching staff,proves there at least teaching the kids the right stuff.

good deal if we get momey and a future sell on clause.

yeah we only got one player so far on loan,but look how good he has been,and 1 is better than none.

what you have to remember is that chelsea cant force players to come here on loan,what would you choose,bright lights of london or a chip muffin on tommyfield market!!!

Guest oa_exile
chip muffin in the bright lights of london

"Puddin on a Muffin" that is why Andy Barlow always stayed with the Latics as he couldnt bare the thought of missing out ^_^

Think we got £200K , and i would think a sell on is also in there.

My concern was that the "Deal" had "Promises" of Loanies which have not materialised to date (apart from Bertrand).

Maybe Shez hasn't gone back for anyone else? Hard to criticise the "promises" part of the deal when to date, we've no idea how much Shez has tried to use it. Add to that, we could get a right duff player. We've been lucky with Bertrand turning out to be a very good player at this level now he's got used to it. Be nice if there's another Carlton Cole-esque player coming through but if there was, Chelski would insist he plays and at present, we can't gaurantee that. Infact, the only position on the pitch we could possibly take someone and gaurantee he starts is a RW (or as it is at present inthe 4-3-3, RCF) but personally, I'd rather see Smalley given that position to learn in than a Chelski kid.

Edited by boundaryblue80

okay, go on, call me a grumpy old fuddy duddy, but i reckon shez and the rest of the managerial gang have failed in squeezing a lot more `promise` out of the promises that chelski publicly made to us on the philly deal.

all our club has managed to get off em so far is only 1 player on loan......that is bad business.

I hope that if chelski get yet another potential star player off us, that shez and co` finally pull their fingers out and make sure chelski deliver their promises to us, instead of them being allowed to leavie us dredging lower tier football for players on loan.

Guest oa_exile
.........we could get a right duff player.

........... bit like Anthony Grant :wink:

okay, go on, call me a grumpy old fuddy duddy, but i reckon shez and the rest of the managerial gang have failed in squeezing a lot more `promise` out of the promises that chelski publicly made to us on the philly deal.

all our club has managed to get off em so far is only 1 player on loan......that is bad business.

I hope that if chelski get yet another potential star player off us, that shez and co` finally pull their fingers out and make sure chelski deliver their promises to us, instead of them being allowed to leavie us dredging lower tier football for players on loan.

Thank you exactly what i have been saying , you "grumpy old fuddy duddy" :grin:

Maybe Shez hasn't gone back for anyone else? Hard to criticise the "promises" part of the deal when to date, we've no idea how much Shez has tried to use it. Add to that, we could get a right duff player. We've been lucky with Bertrand turning out to be a very good player at this level now he's got used to it. Be nice if there's another Carlton Cole-esque player coming through but if there was, Chelski would insist he plays and at present, we can't gaurantee that. Infact, the only position on the pitch we could possibly take someone and gaurantee he starts is a RW (or as it is at present inthe 4-3-3, RCF) but personally, I'd rather see Smalley given that position to learn in than a Chelski kid.

Have to utterly agree (again - this is getting scary.. :wink: )

I cannot believe that people are saying that getting 1 player as integral to our cause as Bertrand is bad business??? We could have got any young duffer, and we got berts, who after a little shaping has turned out to be invaluable - it is well know he has admirers from a higher division, and we got him... which is great business...

And... evryone is looking at this from the perspective of now... when the loan window is shut and we are short of players.... lets go back a couple of months when Lids was fit, Ricketts was still with us (and BB80 had a cat) & Kalala was still rumoured to be a footballer - we didnt look too bad for resources back then - and the only position we needed was a left back.... and hey presto, we got one.... a lot has changed since then, so lets give shez a chance to see what he can do in this transfer window.... you can only sign what you percieve you need, and shez used his leverage to get that a couple of months back....

And lastly - BB80 is exactly right - why is there aperception that just cos they play for chelsea they are better than what we have... it is perhaps right, but i'm all for giving smalley and the other youngsters ... ie Hero Trotman, a shot - why do we rely on other teams kids??? They would want them to play... and unless they are really inexperienced thay would not have naything less than a regular slot...

However... as is said, if thi kid is that good we will have to let him go.... a cheeky deal fora swap for Berts, and maybe a striker winger (sinclair anyone :wink: ) on loan for the rest of the season would be very, very nice....

It's very rare to see more than 1 player from the same premier league club on loan at a lower league club, theres a fine line between loaning players out for development and being a feeder club which is against the rules.

Even Crewe with their 'special' relationship with Liverpool rarely have more than one scouser on loan.

........... bit like Anthony Grant :wink:

TBH, I felt sorry for Grant. Clearly wasn't fit when he came to us and when we got battered 3-0 away at Forest in their 1st season at this level, Grant was the only one to come out the game with any credit. Was going to say Kenny Cooper myself, but he too did have the odd glimpse of talent. A double vs Port Vale at home in a 3-0 win was his best game. Seems that's all he did in football though....nowhere to be seen now. Flash in the pan.

TBH, I felt sorry for Grant. Clearly wasn't fit when he came to us and when we got battered 3-0 away at Forest in their 1st season at this level, Grant was the only one to come out the game with any credit. Was going to say Kenny Cooper myself, but he too did have the odd glimpse of talent. A double vs Port Vale at home in a 3-0 win was his best game. Seems that's all he did in football though....nowhere to be seen now. Flash in the pan.

You mean apart from being one of the leading players in the MLS and an American international?

You mean apart from being one of the leading players in the MLS and an American international?

Lol...not saying much that though, is it! Dya know though, now you've said that, I did know that. Got shelved someone at the back of my memory. Him along with Eddie Johnson and Juan Pablo Angel near the top end of the MLS scoring charts. As I say though, not much of a level though is it. I'd say bottom end of the Championship quality.

It's very rare to see more than 1 player from the same premier league club on loan at a lower league club, theres a fine line between loaning players out for development and being a feeder club which is against the rules.

Even Crewe with their 'special' relationship with Liverpool rarely have more than one scouser on loan.

Football Manager's obviously got it wrong with the parent & feeder club idea then!

What's the situation with Bournemouth then? Don't they have 4 Reading loanees?

What's the situation with Bournemouth then? Don't they have 4 Reading loanees?

thats not doing them any good though, to many loanees can kick you in the b******s, do they really care about the club they are loaned to when they can go back to Reading at the end of the season not bothered Bournemouth have dropped to the bottom tier

Tbh I find it quite sickening that the young players coming through are getting snapped up by the likes of Chelsea before they've even got close to the first team. They could make a real difference for us in a few years time but instead they go off to the big clubs who are just hording talented youngsters and probably won't be heard of again until they are about 25 and end up at a low end Prem team or in the championship.

Just seems that there isn't enough done to protect small clubs and allow them to hold onto their bright prospects. It's all ifs and buts on whether you see any money on them and tbh I think it damages their career more than anything else when they have to sit in the youth team or in the reserves until they are in their mid twenties. Would Taylor, Eardley or Smalley be progressing the way they are if they were just sitting in the ressies every week getting 20 mins off the bench every now and then?