what southend fan says about the game

the football forum

Well The :censored: certainly put paid to us. In what was one of two notable Oldham attacks in the first half, he pulled the ball down, made the most of shoddy defending and scored, if I am fair, was a good goal. We should have equalized minutes later when Leon Clarke missed an open goal after rounding Crossley. Oldham had a good chance later, nice stop by Collis. We gave the ball away a lot, looked short of confidence and Clarke was lazy, fat and lethargic. I take we've signed him then.

But the majority of my report will centre around a clown called Joslin. A ridiculous specimen of a man who for reasons unknown to me, is allowed to referee Football League games. As you know I do not openly criticise my former colleagues, but this one simply deserves it. Did he cost my team the game? No. So no sour grapes from me.

He looked ridiculous from the moment he started running. He did himself no favours by laughing in McCormack's face early on. He later booked McCormack for what appeared to be no reason at all. On the other hand he allowed some fairly meaty fouls to go unpunished, he didn't give an awful lot he should have and gave some very silly fouls. That said he seemed more concerned that Oldham players had blue vests on, and for a few brief minute they were reduced to 8 men as this silly little man made them strip. One rule of reffing is when you speak to a player is you never go chasing after him. The second is you make him look at you when you speak with him. This prick was often seen running around like a spastic on acid trying to get his tuppence with at players who were by now openly laughing at him. He got worse in the second half, failing to get several obvious decisions right, not giving blatant pushing, not playing advantage when he should of and generally giving the impression of making it up when he went along. He sent McCormack off (I bet Dan this would happen) for what looked little, he booked Black for a foul on hughesywhen no contact was made, he played on for over a minute with :censored: down clutching his head (to a chorus of let him die), he failed to adminster a twice taken drop ball and to cap it all he made an Oldham player remove his undershorts. Something he did whilst the game was going on instead of being asked to leave. All in all a total abortion of a performance.

Back to the game, Clarke missed another sitter, we dominated but didn't have any killer instinct. Oldham weren't great but did enough to win a game I will only remember for the performance of Mr P Joslin. A lemon in yellow.

hughesy went down writhing in pain right in front of me at the end, after minimal contact from Black. I found it within my remit to suggest to him it would hurt more if he'd been hit with a car.

and this is what others said about the game

sore loser lord football,,,,,,,,, hughesyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

________________________________________________________________________________

Full Edit

Quick Edit

Museshrimper

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 7:36 PM Post #10

Group: Members

Member No.: 6,774

Supports: Southend Utd

The ref was useless, just like at Barnsley 2 years ago where 1000 of our fans were left furious by him at half-time. Inept tosser he is.

Hughes' goal was excellent, whilst our talisman up front missed 2 sitters. Sums it all up.

shrimperman

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 7:38 PM Post #11

Group: Members

Member No.: 6,733

Supports: Southend, Arsenal

What a load of dribble that match was.

A good goal, Hughes turned our defence inside and out. But that was really the only great thing that they did all game.

We were not much better. Clarke looked lazy, rounded the keeper and didn't put it away, missed a good one on one late on. We also had a couple of corners cleared of the line.

Mccormack has to stop getting into the book. We was unlucky with a free kick late on.

To many uninterested players in the final third with no ideas. Morgan doesn't bring anything on the left wing, Macdonald is not league 1 standard. I hope Tilson has learnt there.

Overall it should have been a draw!

9 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: Jockney, HertsCobbler, BOB-OLDHAMATHLETIC, shrimperman

»

i used a :censored: as it was offensive to say what hughesy did

Maybe a complaint to the boards MOD's about him or they could find themselves in serious trouble with comments like that.

Edited by amoweb

Looks like the manager has been hitting the sour grapes juice as well. 2 or 3 chances, BBC says 9 shots on target, and it was the ref's fault they lost.

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/...1197087,00.html

can't get it to link properly or copy, sorry, Oh I have done !!

Edited by astottie

Setanta Sports News have just said "Oldham got a shock win at Southend".....:censored:ing irritates me when lazy journos and reporters say stuff like that. Why's it such a shock.....It should've said "Oldham kept up their excellent away form with their 5 straight away-day win in a row."

Edited by boundaryblue80

Setanta Sports News have just said "Oldham got a shock win at Southend".....:censored:ing irritates me when lazy journos and reporters say stuff like that. Why's it such a shock.....It should've said "Oldham kept up their excellent away form with their 5 straight away-day win in a row."

they dont go and just look at the table and if a team near the bottom win at a ground near the top. then its a SHOCK WIN.

I like lazy journalism as it means people are not taking notice of us. We don't want to be a scalp.... as yet. Lets get into the top 8 or so first.

i had bbc's live text on in the first half.it clearly stated we had more pssession,and if our accuracy was a little better we could of been 3 up for half time.

maybe clarke thought he owed us,so decided to miss on purpose eh.....might of been told hes leaving in jan....who knows.hahahah

Maybe a complaint to the boards MOD's about him or they could find themselves in serious trouble with comments like that.

Ironically, he happens to be Admin. One of the reasons I rarely go on there anymore, unless there's a good reason (i.e, arguing with Millwall fans) - Double Standards.

Edited by Microcuts

Most of the game the Southend fans gave it to the ref .... never saw any reason why! The sending off ..... two yellows, when the challenge alone could have been a straight red. Great win with over 60 mins under pressure from the home team with the 3rd best home recond in the eague. 85 mins to hold on to a 1-0 lead away from home ..... that will do for me.

Ironically, he happens to be Admin. One of the reasons I rarely go on there anymore, unless there's a good reason (i.e, arguing with Millwall fans) - Double Standards.

Speaking of Millwall fans, it's uncanny, stick Millwall and Murder into Google and they ain't whiter than white. But we knew that anyway, nice to point it out to them though :grin:

PS For those who point out the trial outcome, I ain't gunna let a minor technicality like that get in the way of winding them up :wink:

Most of the game the Southend fans gave it to the ref .... never saw any reason why! The sending off ..... two yellows, when the challenge alone could have been a straight red. Great win with over 60 mins under pressure from the home team with the 3rd best home recond in the eague. 85 mins to hold on to a 1-0 lead away from home ..... that will do for me.

To be fair, Gordon did say on the commentary that he thought the lads first yellow was extremely harsh. The 2nd yellow did sound a really bad foul though....it's one of those, if the guy knows he's on a yellow, he is stupid to then dive in. Has no-else to blame really.

Nice to finally get the rub of decisions anyway....about bloody time after the 2 clowns we had vs Luton and Donny. I had praised the 5 or 6 refs we'd had before then and what happens....2 shocking refs and 2 favourable refs. Consistently inconsistent :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Funny how opposition fans see a different game sometimes.

I thought the ref gave them a lot of free kicks when it was 50/50. Listened to their manager afterwards on the radio and he was going on about them having having missed loads of clear chances. I could only remember the 2 chances they had which Clarke missed but he was saying they could have won 4 - 1 :grin: I thought they had lots of the play without creating too much.

Although it was at the opposite end it seemed their centre half came clattering through Hughes to win the header that laid Hughes out, exactly the same in fact as Thomson's at Carlise when the ref gave a penalty.

They are also moaning about Clarke being a fat, lazy so and so but I thought he was their one player that caused us problems, Stam in particular, and he looked a cut above the rest of their players. I think to some extent we missed Gregan yesterday as there is no way he would have been pushed about like Stam was and he might have give Clarke a boot up the backside as well for his troubles.