Singing from same hymn sheet at Southend

There will be so few of us that there will be no joslin for seats at the back with the singers. :wink:

I don't know how many of our fans were at Southend - possibly 200 or even more. If we didn't have the quantity, we certainly had the the quality.

Didn't realise you had to sit at the back to sing ...... seems I'll have to be quiet then

Ably led by Markoasis :applause1:from the back of the stand, the great majority of fans joined in - the Sheridan's Blue & White Army chant was kept going for minutes on end - and it all created a great atmosphere, finished off with Jingle Bells after the final whistle. I'll be dissappointed if Shez doesn't rate that crowd performance as 'different class'!

We didn't have as many different songs as at Forest, but this performance was right up there with this season's best.

The day I give up will be when we're all singing from the same hymn sheet! :grin:

We certainly sang from the same hymn sheet today, so I can give up (for the time being) knowing that my pleas have not fallen on deaf ears. :applause1::chubb:

Couldn't hear a thing DS! But that's only coz Gordon and co were stuck away inside. Lol....I missed it, but one poster said in the Live Chat that he could hear "JS blue white army" being sung near the end. Good effort on ya anyway....everyone of you there played your bit!

5 away wins on the bounce......couldn't be any better record to visit the White Scum with!

Official site says 182, which looks about right!

Yeah, I got annoyed about advanced sale - never announced by our ticket office, because I could have saved £2!

A club pulled that stunt last season! It might've been Southend....in that their "info for away fans" bit on their site said away fans could be tickets early for a discount, but they never sent any to the club. I think when questioned, the response was fans from Oldham could've phoned the away club and paid by card and picked them up on the day. I think it's a case of.....we offer it, but we ain't gunna tell you we do. If it wasn't Southend, one club did do it but I can't remember who.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Yep some great support for the team yesterday. Just as another song was started "Sheridan's Blue And White Army!" was thrown over the top and started all over again.

A good performance by us, we came under pressure as they pushed on but we did well and could have extended the lead. What a great foul by Trotman too, spot on. He knew if he didn't the lad would have burst through and had a free shot, brilliant reading of the game and there was no way he could have had a red for it either. Saying that it was Joslin reffing.

In the most I think we did alright out of him. Few odd decisions but then you get that from most refs. His daft running and insistence of players removing the under shirt tops and shorts was daft too. Our lads are changing and he's letting them play on. Makes Davies remove his at kick off yet Bertrand, Hazell and Kilkenny are all still wearing them. Then later he decides Davies should remove his blue skin shorts as well whilst we are playing. Just silly.

That chippy if anyone else found it was class (no no Gregan's)! Tasty waitress but £8 for fish, chips and peas!!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Hughes seemed to keep his goal celebration simple yesterday, however I'm sure that any 5th min goal would always not be as well celebrated as a hatrick goal at Millwall. It is a silly dance .... but its his and I don't mind keep seeing it.

I know KK started wearing these under shirts and alot of the team now do. Last week noticed that none of them had one on and thought it was down to the simple fact that they didn't have tangerine ones (not a colour thats probally made) to match the shirts which is the ruling. Was very surprised when they had them at the beginning of the game and rightly the ref told them to be removed. But why wasn't this picked up by the officals/ our management before the game ....... can laugh now at Davies trying to get his leg into his shorts as the play headed towrds him, at the time I couldn't believe the ref continued the game.

P.S just seen the Lashers players had tangerine ones on ... so you can get them

I am a genius... thankyou :wink: Got a very sore throat today

And then we don't get shown :angry:

Merry Christmas from The Championship eh :mad:

I think you were right in front of me Mark, I was with Titch in the pub beforehand playing the quiz machine thing.

I also think this picture here sums up just how determined we were!

Click

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

..chippy if anyone else found it was class (no no Gregan's)! Tasty waitress but £8 for fish, chips and peas!!

In the Fish House I got talking to the Southend Kit Man, with his two sons. He commented on us being on form and was impressed by Hughes's recent scoring record. I asked him if he knew anything about Joslin. He didn't but by 4.55pm he must have recalled what I'd told him about the ref.

£8 must have included your drink, or your tip to the waitress clad in a Chrismas mini outfit. I don't think she was one of the Southend cheerleaders - The Shrimpettes (?) - dressed in similar outfits at half-time. Essex girls, eh? The clip is from warmer days.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=snhKfwBv0x4&...feature=related

I'll be dissappointed if Shez doesn't rate that crowd performance as 'different class'!

On the fishal site Mark Allott says:

"I'd definitely like to thank the fans who made the journey down, because it's a long way to come. We heard them all the way through the game and I'm pleased we gave them something to cheer about." :aplayer1::chubb: