Transfer Window

On Ricketts - if (when) he goes, does anybody have any idea how much he's cost us?

The way I see it, we turned our season around as soon as he was out the door - which didn't take very long.

Apart from the fact that it surprises me that other clubs would show any interest after he has burnt yet another bridge, I'm just wondering roughly how much the whole Ricketts thing will have set us back financially if we cut all ties with him in January...

I don't know the full details (and if I did I probably wouldn't put them on here...) but I believe there were a number of clauses in Ricketts' contract that mean we won't be much out of pocket.

On Smalley going out on loan, if it was a decent standard League Two club I could see a stretch in a first team being a big benefit to him. However, if I was Shez I wouldn't let him go anyway without first bringing in more cover for attacking midfield/up front.

Wouldn't entirely surprise me if Kalala went (if the right offer comes in), though again only if we bring midfield cover in.

On the incoming side, Nish sounds promising if there's any truth in that. With a striker, and if Bertrand and Kilkenny stay, then I don't think we're desperately short anywhere.

Edited by garcon

the idiots still do :P

Rooney is still very overrated and overhyped. Unbelievable that United fans actually put him in the same League as Kaka and even Ronaldo (It sickens me to admit). He is a young player who is very good for his age but still very inexperienced and by no means the complete package yet. In a few years he will be one of the best in the world, at the moment he isn't anywhere near Kaka!

Guest sheridans_world
Cheers Garcon... sounds like whoever drew up Ricketts' contract had their crystal ball and thinking cap with them.

There are some cracking contracts at the club, dont need a crystal ball just guts, determination and knowledge in how to write things into a contract without the player thinking he is being diddled.

Good shout he is free come January and would want less wages then Ricketts is on at the moment i'm sure

Trust me... if our fans slated ricketts they would have a field day with bas savage.... imagine ricketts, but slower, less agile, worse touch, smaller..... but can do a moonwalk, and then you have savage - exactly the type of player that would never fit in here.... The brizzle city fans rate him as the worse player ever to play for their club.... also, have you ever seen him score a goal from more than 2 yards out... and even then he tries to miss...