post match comments...

Have to say i'm alittle disapointed. Forest were there for the takng but felt we gave them a little to much respect. Also, at times it felt that we were only playing hughes up-front, with Davies pretty much playing as a right winger.

Anyway, lets hope we can end this winless home streak on saturday!!!!!

Edited by laticsmad

Have to say i'm alittle disapointed. Forest were there for the takng but felt we gave them a little to much respect. Also, at times it felt that we were only playing hughes up-front, with Davies pretty much playing as a right winger.

Anyway, lets hope we can end this winless home streak on saturday!!!!!

Too much hoofball, which was strange especially bearing in mind that we'd hit the woodwork in the second minute from a move using width and passing on the ground.

For me Eardley did nothing to justify returning to the team in place of Hazell, and was responsible for most of the hoof ball.

Davies was wasted out wide and the enormous space between him and Hughes meant the Forest centre backs had an easy time.

They were there for the taking without the threat of Tyson, but I suppose Shez will settle for point against a top of the league team.

Edited by BP1960

For me Eardley did nothing to justify returning to the team in place of Hazell, and was responsible for most of the hoof ball.

Davies was wasted out wide and the enormous space between the Latics front two meant the Forest centre backs had an easy time.

They were there for the taking without the threat of Tyson, but I suppose Shez will settle for point against a top of the league team.

this result again shows that we are clearly playing better away from home. more freedom to express themselves.

this result again shows that we are clearly playing better away from home. more freedom to express themselves.

It's not really suprising that we are better away, after some of the bull :censored: coming out of peoples mouths today.

Really? What has been said? I thought the atmosphere was good in patches today.

Some moron who sits in the NSM Upper just behind me, spouting his bull as he always does. Nothing any of the lads did today where good enough.

Can't wait for the stand to come down and hopefully he wont be sat anywhere near me when the new stand is built.

1st of all davies was upfront not on the wing, allott was supposed to be our winger. 2ndly i thought eardley was good today, he didnt do anythin wrong at all so why people have to criticise somebody whose a defender when we drew 0-0 i dont no.

they were to strong for us today simple as, they are all massive. i think we would have been better with 2 wingers today, maybe droppin gary mac and bringin smalley in on the right wing, hes somebody that will run at defenders all day long and it would have opened the game up alot, however because we didnt have a proper right winger it forced us to just lump the ball up the pitch,

also can i just say taylor is no longer any use whatsoever on the left wing!! teams no about him now and no that hes a right footer on the left wing so they no how to deal with him. also im goin to criticise shez, ok shez you made a sub but why kalala? he wont help the game change hes just a defensive midfielder. it would have made sence to take gray mac off and bring smalley on then we no we would be goin for the win, when he brought him on it just made us look like we was playin for the draw, and hes useless.

dont usually criticise shez but i am doin today.

hope its better on sat, we need to start winning games at home aswell as away its pathetic at home games at the moment.

1st of all davies was upfront not on the wing, allott was supposed to be our winger. 2ndly i thought eardley was good today, he didnt do anythin wrong at all so why people have to criticise somebody whose a defender when we drew 0-0 i dont no.

they were to strong for us today simple as, they are all massive. i think we would have been better with 2 wingers today, maybe droppin gary mac and bringin smalley in on the right wing, hes somebody that will run at defenders all day long and it would have opened the game up alot, however because we didnt have a proper right winger it forced us to just lump the ball up the pitch,

also can i just say taylor is no longer any use whatsoever on the left wing!! teams no about him now and no that hes a right footer on the left wing so they no how to deal with him. also im goin to criticise shez, ok shez you made a sub but why kalala? he wont help the game change hes just a defensive midfielder. it would have made sence to take gray mac off and bring smalley on then we no we would be goin for the win, when he brought him on it just made us look like we was playin for the draw, and hes useless.

dont usually criticise shez but i am doin today.

hope its better on sat, we need to start winning games at home aswell as away its pathetic at home games at the moment.

Davies did spend the majority of the time on the right wing which does seem slightly pointless when you consider crossing is not his strong point. I have never, an never will, see allot, as a winger. Agree with you about the subsittution. pointless if you ask me. I mean why take off an attacking midfielder(macdonald) and exchange him for a defensive midfielder when you are trying to win a game? I thought Taylor did ok today but has been long time since we have seen him at his best.

It sounds like the sort of game where we haven't played well and neither have Forest and we both got what we deserve. A point against top of the League is a good result. Let's not get into the blame game on why we didn't win, we have what I would call a "should win" game on Saturday, get 3 points there and let us set ourselves up for the trip to Elland Road and Goodison Park. We're not even at the half way point of the season and we are only 6 points off the playoffs with a game in hand, things are looking brighter now.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

every1 is sayin were 6pts of playoffs, were 10 off 4th from bottom remember that aswell. if we dont win games at home we cant rely on away wins. we have to start winnin at home and that means creatin more chances. we seem to be relyin on hughes to score now just like earlier on in the season it was davies. weve got a good team they just need to start playin more consitantly at home. people say its hard to play because of all the moaners in the crowd and there are alot and it is anoyin when young lads who are tryin to get there career started make a mistake and get booed of the pitch and moaned at everytime they get the ball, but they have to learn to ignore it. the only way is up? or is it?

Some very negative comments on here today..... Two of the better sides played each other today and cancled each other out...

People say Forrest where there for the taking which is kind of true....but so was we! Nobody wanted to take a gamble and so we end with a draw, one more point and the unbeaten run in tact....im happy with that...sensible approach to the game today and a good result...

Some very negative comments on here today..... Two of the better sides played each other today and cancled each other out...

People say Forrest where there for the taking which is kind of true....but so was we! Nobody wanted to take a gamble and so we end with a draw, one more point and the unbeaten run in tact....im happy with that...sensible approach to the game today and a good result...

i think if anybody had gone to todays game and not been for a while they will have wondered what all the fuss has been about.and how forest managed to get to the top.

i must say i was happy before the game with a point,but having watched todays game i am slightly dissapointed we didnt get all 3,if we had carried on like we did in the second min we would have had a rout on our hands.great movement and a superb shot which hit the post.....then we went long and high most of the time.

eardly's passing today was shocking,everytime he got it he lumped it diagonal forward,or out of play down the wing.

hughes was starved of ammunition,so not suprising he was going into midfield looking for the ball,when he did get it he made the keeper work.

taylor spent far too much in central midfield today instead of skinning there defender which he was more than capable of.

and stam,goodish game but 3 errors with one that could of cost us,no wonder kilkenny was berrating him,then crossley had words later.

in all it was a typical game were both sides didnt want to lose,but didnt have the conviction or guile to carve out a win,the ref was appauling and some of his decisions were laughable to say the least.

but at the end of the day we got a point,and got another clean sheet,and another unbeaten game to carry on the run.

I don't think we'll play against a poorer midfield. Lennon was laughable in midfield for them, we should have really punished them.

Disagree strongly if that had been the case we would have been given time and space on the ball we got neither granted they didn't create much but they defended well Kilkenny was coming deeper and deeper to collect the ball and thats why we had to resort to long balls. They weren't their for the taking they came for a point and dug in stuck 5 across the middle and stifled the game.

Can't see why their is so much negativity on this thread we are moving forward we are now 11 unbeaten we don't need to change anything yet.

Guest sheridans_world

Hello from Singapore airport, free internet, sorted!

Anyway, just heard the result, no problems with this a 0-0 draw against Forest is a result. Obviously not at the game but reading around seems a fair result to me. Hopefully we can crack on and beat Warsaw and then give Leeds a real good game.

By the way we have been playing, I have no problems predicting a playoff spot if we get the right results over the next few games. The team seem to have really gelled latley, 11 games unbeaten now and fresh off a five game winning streak, its looking better.

Not hearing cries of Shez out now are we :wink:

Will try and keep as up to date as possible,

keep the faith

Davies was wasted out wide and the enormous space between him and Hughes meant the Forest centre backs had an easy time.

You can't blame Eardley for not having his best game today he had no-one playing in front of him. There was acres of space out on the right for virtually all the game and no-one was in it. We had 3 central midfielders and taylor on the left. Davies did drift out wide sometimes but only on the edge of the area which left us short in the middle alongside Hughes and left a hugh gap infront of Eardley. Smalley should have been brought on in my opinion

You can't blame Eardley for not having his best game today he had no-one playing in front of him. There was acres of space out on the right for virtually all the game and no-one was in it.

If this was the case why didn't Eardley make ground deep into the opposition half instead of invariably hoofing it whenever he reached the half way line ?

I thought his distribution was woeful at times and he did nothing to justify a recall in place of Hazell.

If he goes in the January transfer window IMO Latics won't miss him.

If this was the case why didn't Eardley make ground deep into the opposition half instead of invariably hoofing it whenever he reached the half way line ?

I thought his distribution was woeful at times and he did nothing to justify a recall in place of Hazell.

If he goes in the January transfer window IMO Latics won't miss him.

Because if he'd run in to the space in front, challenging the full back, his defensive space would have been totally exposed and the winger would have an unchallenged run. He put long crosses in because he couldn't often make a pass down the line.

erm, we'd miss him. just watch the way he brings the ball down. his control is very good, so he doesn't

often end up having to recover from mistakes.

Having said which, an offer of over £750k should be snapped up imo