post match comments...

I must've been watching a different game then.

Apart from one error and a couple of aimless clearances I though Eardley had a very strong game and provided the majority of our most dangerous balls into the box.

I thought we needed more width if we were going to win but that could easily have left us exposed to the counter, especially when Commons came on.

A good point against the most solid side I've seen so far. It's no coincidence they've steadily risen to the top.

Ideally we need 3 points on Saturday to keep up the momentum, but that won't be easy given Walsall are on a longer unbeaten run than we are - regulation 1-1? (Obviously Ricketts will score...)

Apart from one error and a couple of aimless clearances I though Eardley had a very strong game and provided the majority of our most dangerous balls into the box.

I thought we needed more width if we were going to win but that could easily have left us exposed to the counter, especially when Commons came on.

A good point against the most solid side I've seen so far. It's no coincidence they've steadily risen to the top.

Ideally we need 3 points on Saturday to keep up the momentum, but that won't be easy given Walsall are on a longer unbeaten run than we are - regulation 1-1? (Obviously Ricketts will score...)

Well said Garcon, Eardley was ask to be provider a lot today and had little support in front of him. Forest came for a draw today and cancelled us. As for them having a crap midfield, they kept hold of the ball better than any other team we have played, though didn't do anything with it. The fact that they are top of the league and didn't have a shot on goal speaks a hell of a lot. What is the difference between them and us. The ability to make subsitutions and bring on good players even when they have players already injured.

Well said Garcon, Eardley was ask to be provider a lot today and had little support in front of him. Forest came for a draw today and cancelled us. As for them having a crap midfield, they kept hold of the ball better than any other team we have played, though didn't do anything with it. The fact that they are top of the league and didn't have a shot on goal speaks a hell of a lot. What is the difference between them and us. The ability to make subsitutions and bring on good players even when they have players already injured.

Hello from Singapore airport, free internet, sorted!

Anyway, just heard the result, no problems with this a 0-0 draw against Forest is a result. Obviously not at the game but reading around seems a fair result to me. Hopefully we can crack on and beat Warsaw and then give Leeds a real good game.

By the way we have been playing, I have no problems predicting a playoff spot if we get the right results over the next few games. The team seem to have really gelled latley, 11 games unbeaten now and fresh off a five game winning streak, its looking better.

Not hearing cries of Shez out now are we :wink:

Will try and keep as up to date as possible,

keep the faith

Firstly, lets be honest we are in pretty good form but we need to be more ruthless at home. We had chance to turn the screw today and for ten min we upped the tempo but then took the foot off the gas. Like I said on the other thread, Swansea are the only team this season that look really impressive. This league is wide open and lots of points will be dropped. There were quite a few fickle fans in the ground today, you know the kind, three or four times a seson brigade. The same ones who have got their Everton ticket!!! Eardley got slated by a few round me, he was poor today but you wont hear me screaming it from the stands, it doesnt help anyone. Three points on Saturday will set us up nicely for the two big games ahead, but Walsall are no mugs and with the aded spice or Rickets, who knows what will happen.........

If this was the case why didn't Eardley make ground deep into the opposition half instead of invariably hoofing it whenever he reached the half way line ?

I thought his distribution was woeful at times and he did nothing to justify a recall in place of Hazell.

If he goes in the January transfer window IMO Latics won't miss him.

Sorry but that is utter nonsense - Eardley is a good tackler, sometimes suspect position-wise but he is only young and learning, he has pace to burn and gets forward a lot and fizzes in high quality crosses - wont miss him - my buttocks! He is a great young player and if Shezza has made him captain, he must have an air of influence on the lads - granted, he made some dodgy passes but I think he is defo one of our better players!

Eardley's distribution yesterday was very poor but to say we wouldn't miss him is ridiculous. First and foremost he is a defender, and he is very rarely beaten or caught out of position.

The performance wasn't great yesterday but it was a point against top of the league and you cant argue with that. People have always said win at home and draw away and you'll do well, at the minute we are winning away and drawing at home, whats the difference?

If this was the case why didn't Eardley make ground deep into the opposition half instead of invariably hoofing it whenever he reached the half way line ?

I thought his distribution was woeful at times and he did nothing to justify a recall in place of Hazell.

If he goes in the January transfer window IMO Latics won't miss him.

If he gets given the ball halfway in his own half and has no-one in front of him up the line what else is he supposed to do? He couldnt pass it inside as Allott/KK werent in enough space, there was no-one down the line, Trotman wasn't dropping back and when he did and Eards played it to him all he did was hoof it up so all Eardley could do was try to beat the 2 forest players in front of him - which he did a few times successfully - or hit it in the corner for Davies to run on to or try to switch it to Taylor or try to hit Hughes.

You can not play with a midfield 4 consisting of a left winger and 3 central midfielders and no-one on the right, it doesn't work, the balance isnt there and yesterday it made Eardleys job almost impossible