Walsall game

The bad news is that Trotman's yellow card today means he misses the Walsall game. :( The good news is that Ricketts got his fifth yellow card today so he will also miss the game. :grin:

Ricketts equalised at Port Vale in the last minute today, to create a record for Walsall of ten games away from home unbeaten. So it's the ideal time for us to bring that record to an end.

The bad news is that Trotman's yellow card today means he misses the Walsall game. :( The good news is that Ricketts got his fifth yellow card today so he will also miss the game. :grin:

Ricketts equalised at Port Vale in the last minute today, to create a record for Walsall of ten games away from home unbeaten. So it's the ideal time for us to bring that record to an end.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1199705,00.html

Misses Everton game

and by the same rule Ricketts will play on sat

Edited by chickers

You sure? Trotman misses the Everton game, not Walsall.

Can't see Ricketts being banned for our game as well.

Hope you are right though!!

You sure? Trotman misses the Everton game, not Walsall.

Can't see Ricketts being banned for our game as well.

Hope you are right though!!

tis on the fishal site,he misses everton but plays against walsall and leeds,ban doesnt come into effect until 10 days later or something....so yeah,unless we have inserted a clause saying ricketts cant play against us,then he will be there on saturday as well..

knowing us we wont have a clause and he will score...you just know it dont you.

tis on the fishal site,he misses everton but plays against walsall and leeds,ban doesnt come into effect until 10 days later or something....so yeah,unless we have inserted a clause saying ricketts cant play against us,then he will be there on saturday as well..

knowing us we wont have a clause and he will score...you just know it dont you.

Shez has said previously that Ricketts is eligible to play against us.

I think the rule is that the suspension kicks in 7 days after the 5th yellow.

If that's the case then I wonder if Berty 'conveniently' gets booked against Walsall then his suspension will be for Everton as well, a game in which he wouldn't be allowed to play in anyway. If so it wouldn't be surprising if he boots the ball away after a foul in the last minute.

On a side note, what date are Berty and Killer's loans up?

Shez has said previously that Ricketts is eligible to play against us.

I maybe wrong here but i am under the impression that players that are out on loan to other clubs cannot play against there parent club.

I maybe wrong here but i am under the impression that players that are out on loan to other clubs cannot play against there parent club.

No such rules - it all depends on what both clubs agree when the loan is finalised. And Shez has said the club didn't insist on Ricketts being ineligible to play against his parent club.

Its maddness that Ricketts will play against us on Saturday....

Dumbarse move by the club....

do you really think ricketts is going to hurt us on saturday,personally i can't see it happening,i reckon trotters will do a job on him and we all know that if trotters gets in his face and winds him up he's likely to lose it like we know he can.ktf.

do you really think ricketts is going to hurt us on saturday,personally i can't see it happening,i reckon trotters will do a job on him and we all know that if trotters gets in his face and winds him up he's likely to lose it like we know he can.ktf.

I remember the same thing being said about Allott....remember how that one ended as well.... :(

I think the rule is that the suspension kicks in 7 days after the 5th yellow.

If that's the case then I wonder if Berty 'conveniently' gets booked against Walsall then his suspension will be for Everton as well, a game in which he wouldn't be allowed to play in anyway. If so it wouldn't be surprising if he boots the ball away after a foul in the last minute.

On a side note, what date are Berty and Killer's loans up?

January 1st (Can play against Leeds I believe)

So if we renew Bertrand's loan after all, Chelsea will have no reason not to allow him to play in the FA Cup for us. But the fact he hasn't played in it so far suggests he won't stay.

Diego, Ricketts recieved 5 bookings during his short spell with us, forcing him to miss The Udders away game. Yesterday was his 8th booking of the season, is there a ban for 8 bookings? I know there is for 10.

No such rules - it all depends on what both clubs agree when the loan is finalised. And Shez has said the club didn't insist on Ricketts being ineligible to play against his parent club.

thought there was, or is it just the premier greed that it can't happen in, I it definately applies in the FA CUP.,

January 1st (Can play against Leeds I believe)

So if we renew Bertrand's loan after all, Chelsea will have no reason not to allow him to play in the FA Cup for us. But the fact he hasn't played in it so far suggests he won't stay.

It is unlikely Berty will stay, but IIRC the reason he wasn't allowed to play originally was because Chelsea were apparently planning on shipping him off to Leicester in January. Since then Megson has left and Olly has come in...if the new manager doesn't want him then hopefully Chelsea will allow him to finish the season at BP.

It's also vitally important if we are going to renew Kilkenny's loan that we do it before the Everton game. Aren't the rules that if he's on a one month loan then he can't be recalled immediately but any longer and there's a 24 hour recall? Or maybe it's the other way round. Whichever it is, it would be nice for Alex McGleish to do us a favour and let us renew his loan with a 24 hour recall in case they seal a permanent deal for him elsewhere.

Diego, Ricketts recieved 5 bookings during his short spell with us, forcing him to miss The Udders away game. Yesterday was his 8th booking of the season, is there a ban for 8 bookings? I know there is for 10.

I read his stats but didn't notice the five yellows were with us and not Walsall. So I cocked up this thread good and proper! :blush:

Also when I kept dreading, up to and including the Southend game, that Kilkenny would get suspended over Christmas, nobody corrected me about the seven days before the suspension becomes effective. I thought all suspensions were effective immediately this season, but that's only for red cards.

So if I'm right this time, we need KK, Davies and Bertrand to get booked against Walsall so that they and Trotman miss Everton. We then sacrifice further progress in the F.A. Cup by getting stuffed in front of a very large following, including many 'occasionals' who feel entiltled to moan about our poor performance with a weakened team. Then we concentrate on the League with little chance of suspensions. I think I've grasped the seven day rule now!

I read his stats but didn't notice the five yellows were with us and not Walsall. So I cocked up this thread good and proper! :blush:

Also when I kept dreading, up to and including the Southend game, that Kilkenny would get suspended over Christmas, nobody corrected me about the seven days before the suspension becomes effective. I thought all suspensions were effective immediately this season, but that's only for red cards.

So if I'm right this time, we need KK, Davies and Bertrand to get booked against Walsall so that they and Trotman miss Everton. We then sacrifice further progress in the F.A. Cup by getting stuffed in front of a very large following, including many 'occasionals' who feel entiltled to moan about our poor performance with a weakened team. Then we concentrate on the League with little chance of suspensions. I think I've grasped the seven day rule now!

Ricketts is definitely available for selection, Big Gord has mentioned it on his editiorial page in yesterday's programme. Should be interesting, but guaranteed to bite us on the :shakeit: that one. But as he was never officially our player*, I guess we didn't really have too much of a say in it.

*Lets just say when the three year contract was put before him no-one had a pen, so it wasn't actually signed! (Allegedly)

*Lets just say when the three year contract was put before him no-one had a pen, so it wasn't actually signed! (Allegedly)

He'd have had to have signed something for us to get his registration and be able to play him. Fingers crossed there was a safeguard in there and he can go iff to pastures new without costing us more money.

He'd have had to have signed something for us to get his registration and be able to play him. Fingers crossed there was a safeguard in there and he can go iff to pastures new without costing us more money.

You can be registered to a club but not have a contract, thus non-contract forms arrangements. (Antoine-Curier, O'Halloran, David Lee etc..)

He was registered with us but he did not sign a three-year deal, (allegedly) what he did sign was more along the lines of "we'll give you three months, show us what you can do, then you'll get your longer deal." Thats why he was shipped out with the minmum of fuss, at little cost to us.

You can be registered to a club but not have a contract, thus non-contract forms arrangements. (Antoine-Curier, O'Halloran, David Lee etc..)

He was registered with us but he did not sign a three-year deal, (allegedly) what he did sign was more along the lines of "we'll give you three months, show us what you can do, then you'll get your longer deal." Thats why he was shipped out with the minmum of fuss, at little cost to us.

True, but you still have to put your mark beside some sort of :deal2:

Actually, your alleged rumour is sort of like the alleged rumour that I heard, with the difference that in my version it was a three year deal signed but with a termination clause at the 3 month point. Either way, he's gone, so well done to the club for taking a punt on what could have been an awesome signing but with a way to cover ourselves as it didn't end up working out.