leeds away

It's the Everton game that you should not be looking forward to! Playing superior opposition with a weakened team and lots of visiting fans refusing to sing, turning on the team when things go wrong and wishing they'd gone to Elland Road instead.

where do you get,fans refusing to sing,bet the atmosphere is better than leeds.and do you think that keep harping on about singing all the time is really going to get more fans singing,i think not.

Since when does the amount of fans win you games ... I couldnt give a toss if we took 50 aslong as we did the business on the pitch.

Those who are there are/arent better than everyone else .. its just finances and other things means they can go ... we shouldnt have this divide ... "im going to Leeds aswell as Everton so therefore im better and not a gloryhunter" .. were all going to both supporting the blues ... thats good enough for me at the end of the day.

like i said in a later post,im not calling all fans on here glory hunters....

and as for the first meaningfull game since we got relegated from the premiership!!!

were last seasons playoff games not meaning full,or the dowie season when we got into the playoffs,what about beating city in the cup the other year............are you for real!!!

ok,so were playing a premiership team who are on form,and we will be without a couple of our main players,do you honestly beleive we are going to beat them...........meaningfull games are the bread and butter league games which get you promoted and out of this stinking division once and for all.......not a cup game which at best we can hope for a draw.

like i said in a later post,im not calling all fans on here glory hunters....

and as for the first meaningfull game since we got relegated from the premiership!!!

were last seasons playoff games not meaning full,or the dowie season when we got into the playoffs,what about beating city in the cup the other year............are you for real!!!

ok,so were playing a premiership team who are on form,and we will be without a couple of our main players,do you honestly beleive we are going to beat them...........meaningfull games are the bread and butter league games which get you promoted and out of this stinking division once and for all.......not a cup game which at best we can hope for a draw.

The better we do the better the opposition more people will come thats how just how it is and has always been. Suppose we get to wembley in the play offs what do we do just say to the faithful 4-5000 or so only you lot are aloud tickets and we are playing forest who will take 40,000. We ain't in a position to turn away fans no matter if they just pick and choose a couple of games to come and go to its better than having them not come at all the atmosphere at Everton will be good don't worry about that.

One more thing why do people think that its only the part timers that turn up and moan. I see plenty of people who go regularly give pretty fierce abuse to the players at various games home and away.

Edited by GlossopLatic

....do you think that keep harping on about singing all the time is really going to get more fans singing,i think not.

So the lack of singers is all down to people not wanting to be seen doing what I ask of them - I didn't think I had that sort of influence. That's the best one I've heard this year!! :laught16:

Like I have said before....the real fans are going to Everton because the money actually goes back to the club, unlike the Leeds game :)

Ha. That will the same ones who go to home games because the money goes to the club then.

Go to both - if ya have no money like me then find some like me!

So the lack of singers is all down to people not wanting to be seen doing what I ask of them - I didn't think I had that sort of influence. That's the best one I've heard this year!! :laught16:

thats just it you don't,but it does'nt stop you going on about it,just seems to be that half your posts are about singing,yawn.

thats just it you don't,but it does'nt stop you going on about it,just seems to be that half your posts are about singing,yawn.

Do you not think it's an issue worth debating then? Do you not think the atmosphere at Latics matches could be better than it is at present? As fans we have no actual input at all on team selection or tactics, but it doesn't stop them being discussed on message boards. On the other hand the atmosphere is something that we can have a direct effect on. Surely this is exactly the forum in which to bring up the debate if there is ever going to be an improvement.

Do you not think it's an issue worth debating then? Do you not think the atmosphere at Latics matches could be better than it is at present? As fans we have no actual input at all on team selection or tactics, but it doesn't stop them being discussed on message boards. On the other hand the atmosphere is something that we can have a direct effect on. Surely this is exactly the forum in which to bring up the debate if there is ever going to be an improvement.

Do you really think the Home Atmosphere is going to change?

you never know,the atmoshphere in the nsm has changed,thats were half the people out of the chaddy have gone.did you not see the way they were singing and chanting at home to forest,made the chaddy end seem dull.

it is a worthwhile debate.....how to make it a better atmosphere,if the place is rocking then the players respond,and up there game,and it does make a difference.

if people dont want to join in either singing or clapping then that is there choice,but they shouldnt have a go at the ones who do.

likewise if the fans put as much effort into encouragement instead of nittpicking and scapegoating it would make it a far better place to be.

Honestly, no. I think that the majority of the home crowd have forgotten what it means to support the team.

However, to his credit, Diego hasn't reached the level of despair to which I have sunk. He still believes that an improvement can be made. As such I was defending his right to bring up the subject on an Oldham Athletic messageboard.

The answer is in the hands and voices of the fans - if enough of US want it to change for the better, then WE can make it happen. However, I get the impression that most people agee with paulgard, who is yawning from reading half my posts.

Honestly, no. I think that the majority of the home crowd have forgotten what it means to support the team.

However, to his credit, Diego hasn't reached the level of despair to which I have sunk. He still believes that an improvement can be made. As such I was defending his right to bring up the subject on an Oldham Athletic messageboard.

I wasn't have a pop at either yourself or Diego. I was just asking a question.

I think once the old stands start to come down and the new ones go up then it may improve a little.

fans will sing when they want to not when someone is constantly telling them to on here.do you remember the scoreboard when it used to put the message up "come on oldham"did it make you want to sing or did you like me think it was sad.maybe if the team gave us something to sing about week in week out,but thats unlikely.what about the speakers blasting out the chants thats more realistic than getting all the fans singing from diego's hymnsheet.

fans will sing when they want to not when someone is constantly telling them to on here.do you remember the scoreboard when it used to put the message up "come on oldham"did it make you want to sing or did you like me think it was sad.maybe if the team gave us something to sing about week in week out,but thats unlikely.what about the speakers blasting out the chants thats more realistic than getting all the fans singing from diego's hymnsheet.

if you dont want to sing...then dont,no-one can force you.but just as equally you shouldnt have a go at someone for trying to get a bit of atmoshphere going.....

you could equally say the scoreboard used to say come on oldham to encourage the fans as it was like a morgue.....couldnt you.

I think once the old stands start to come down and the new ones go up then it may improve a little.

I hope you are right and I am optimistic that you will be. However, new grounds are notorious for taking a little while to gain the atmosphere of the old one. With our current starting point I would hate to think there will be an initial deterioration in atmosphere.

I think this forum is the ideal place to discuss this and hopefully come up with constructive ways to improve the atmosphere and make the most of the opportunity the new ground offers.

I hope you are right and I am optimistic that you will be. However, new grounds are notorious for taking a little while to gain the atmosphere of the old one. With our current starting point I would hate to think there will be an initial deterioration in atmosphere.

I think this forum is the ideal place to discuss this and hopefully come up with constructive ways to improve the atmosphere and make the most of the opportunity the new ground offers.

i think once all the stands are done the accoustics will be better and not so retentive.

if the club wanted the fans to get involved in this someone may be able to organise a meeting,and make a suggestion of perhaps making different sections within stands....

i think once all the stands are done the accoustics will be better and not so retentive.

if the club wanted the fans to get involved in this someone may be able to organise a meeting,and make a suggestion of perhaps making different sections within stands....

The acoustics are only an issue if some noise is made in the first place! :)

I fully agree on the club being involved. I'm sure something can be done in that respect. I'd be willing to move anywhere in the ground to sit with like-minded supporters who will get behind the team.

if you dont want to sing...then dont,no-one can force you.but just as equally you shouldnt have a go at someone for trying to get a bit of atmoshphere going.....

you could equally say the scoreboard used to say come on oldham to encourage the fans as it was like a morgue.....couldnt you.

ed, i do sing,hopefully when the ground gets redeveloped the club will sort a singing section out,until then i don't think the atmosphere will change.