Kilkenny

Was speaking to the lad last night, apprantley us and Doncaster have made cash offers for him. Hopefully he will stay!! Also said gregan may not play for the club again due to his contract being up in the summer and the severity of the injury he has.

Gregan's contract isn't up in the summer. He signed on a 2 and a half year deal. Credibility....zero.

Gregan's contract isn't up in the summer. He signed on a 2 and a half year deal. Credibility....zero.

are you sure there isnt an option for a further year? or maybe we could afford to pay off his contract when it gets down to one year...i like Gregan but as a big earner id rather have someone fit who can play every week taking up the wages.

TBH i wouldnt be surprised if both were to leave in the summer, i think Lids would have to drop further down the ladder if he is to continue playing regularly when he returns from injury and i think Gregan may find it hard to force his way back into the team if we continue our form and im sure if he recovers fully he will have a few years left in him yet.

Doncaster :angry:

Every time a club is linked with a player in this league they are tagging along with their bundles of cash. Although I'd like to see Kilkenny stay, the thought of him at Donny is amusing. Someone's nose would be put seriously out of joint there wouldn't it :grin:

that maybe ties in with the rumour that wellens is looking for an out,and would play for us again if asked.

mcliesh will have to sell to buy,so no matter what amount they offer it would be prefferable to them,rather than extend his loan to the end of the season.

i would hope kk asks to stay till the end of the season,then see where we are,if were promoted and there not who do you think he would opt for.

Why would Donny want him? I'd sooner have Wellens. Maybe not considering potential but today, in my opinion, Wellens is clearly superior. Also as he has shown for us he will play week in, week out. Bring him back!

He would turn up every week wether he played every week is open to debate. Depends on if thing were going our way if not he took the rest of the game off.

Glad to see the back of the Greedy :censored:, never want him back in our team.

Q all the Wellens :wub:er's to slate me now.....

Come on lets be aving you :who:

Edited by amoweb

He would turn up every week wether he played every week is open to debate. Depends on if thing were going our way if not he took the rest of the game off.

Glad to see the back of the Greedy :censored:, never want him back in our team.

Q all the Wellens :wub:er's to slate me now.....

Come on lets be aving you :who:

Does Kilkenny play every week? Or does he sometimes just turn up, wrap up warm and mooch around looking like an under 16's player?

I sound like I dont like him. I do, he has class. But the 'Wellens didnt play every week' argument is worthless. It may be true but then who does play every week? Taylor? Gregan? Macca? Killer?? Berbatov? Elano? Beckham? Nobody! Just the likes of Roy Keane and Alan Shearer 'played' every week.

What you really meant was when Wellens played well he was a class apart. Instead of praising that you choose to complain he wasnt at his excellent best every week. As for being greedy, aren't we all?? Play that card when Rio turns down 90k a week because he wants 120k yes. But when a division 3 player is offered say 3.5k over 2.5k (or a cool 100k signing on fee and salary matched as I heard) and it would be plain stupid to turn it down, not greedy to accept. By your logic are the TTA greedy for not offering him more?? Of course not.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Does Kilkenny play every week? Or does he sometimes just turn up, wrap up warm and mooch around looking like an under 16's player?

I sound like I dont like him. I do, he has class. But the 'Wellens didnt play every week' argument is worthless. It may be true but then who does play every week? Taylor? Gregan? Macca? Killer?? Berbatov? Elano? Beckham? Nobody! Just the likes of Roy Keane and Alan Shearer 'played' every week.

What you really meant was when Wellens played well he was a class apart. Instead of praising that you choose to complain he wasnt at his excellent best every week. As for being greedy, aren't we all?? Play that card when Rio turns down 90k a week because he wants 120k yes. But when a division 3 player is offered say 3.5k over 2.5k (or a cool 100k signing on fee and salary matched as I heard) and it would be plain stupid to turn it down, not greedy to accept. By your logic are the TTA greedy for not offering him more?? Of course not.

No what I meant to say is that he is player who only plays to his best when things are going well for the team. He spent too much time chasing referees complaining. IMO had a big part to play in our poor form at the back end of the last season with his stupid stamp against Tranmere and he never really got back to any sort of form after that.

He is to much of a Billy Big Balls for my liking, although I'm not saying that he didn't have the ability because he did when he could be bothered. KK is also very much like Wellens.

Wellens never had the interests of OAFC at heart he just used us to get away from Blackpool after he had fallen out with the Management Team there, i would go as far to say that he doesn't have interest in Doncaster either they just gave him what he wanted. Where as TTA won't be held to ransom - it has been said on here before that we offered him terms not that different to what Doncaster offered him, but they had better quality players than we had.

Berbatov? Elano? Beckham? Nobody! Just the likes of Roy Keane and Alan Shearer 'played' every week. Got to do with us. I personally regard every Premiership player as over payed.

Like I said glad to see the back of the Greedy :censored:

Wellens never had the interests of OAFC at heart he just used us to get away from Blackpool after he had fallen out with the Management Team there, i would go as far to say that he doesn't have interest in Doncaster either they just gave him what he wanted.

as much as we'd all give our right arm to be footballers it is, at the end of the day, another job.

have you got the interests of your company at heart??

i haven't.

i'll turn in everyday and do my best but if a better offer comes along I'll be off. and I'll always be looking for one.

as much as we'd all give our right arm to be footballers it is, at the end of the day, another job.

have you got the interests of your company at heart??

i haven't.

i'll turn in everyday and do my best but if a better offer comes along I'll be off. and I'll always be looking for one.

Seeing as I own the company then yes I do have the interests of my company at heart. :grin:

But I do take your point. I don't think any (very few) employees of any company have any loyalty towards their employer anymore.

Going off some of the performances of Mr Wellens last year he was far short of trying his best for his employer.

Edited by amoweb

Seeing as I own the company then yes I do have the interests of my company at heart. :grin:

But I do take your point. I don't think any (very few) employees of any company have any loyalty towards their employer anymore.

Going off some of the performances of Mr Wellens last year he was far short of trying his best for his employer.

Do you have many employees Amo?or do you struggle to find people of the right calibre to take your company forward?

Maybe you expect a little too much!

Wellens is a class act @ league 1,end of!

Do you have many employees Amo?or do you struggle to find people of the right calibre to take your company forward?

And when we played Doncaster who was the better player ?

End of.

No what I meant to say is that he is player who only plays to his best when things are going well for the team. He spent too much time chasing referees complaining. IMO had a big part to play in our poor form at the back end of the last season with his stupid stamp against Tranmere and he never really got back to any sort of form after that.

He is to much of a Billy Big Balls for my liking, although I'm not saying that he didn't have the ability because he did when he could be bothered. KK is also very much like Wellens.

Wellens never had the interests of OAFC at heart he just used us to get away from Blackpool after he had fallen out with the Management Team there, i would go as far to say that he doesn't have interest in Doncaster either they just gave him what he wanted. Where as TTA won't be held to ransom - it has been said on here before that we offered him terms not that different to what Doncaster offered him, but they had better quality players than we had.

Berbatov? Elano? Beckham? Nobody! Just the likes of Roy Keane and Alan Shearer 'played' every week. Got to do with us. I personally regard every Premiership player as over payed.

Like I said glad to see the back of the Greedy :censored:

Personally, I only thought things were going well for the team when Wellens was playing well.

I think the point Stitch is trying to make with the list of Prem players (who are/were all very good players) is that not everyone has a good game every week, and this is true for Richie Wellens.

Last season, when Wellens played well, Latics played well. End of.

Yes I do and no I dont have any trouble finding people

Thats why football is so interesting everybody has a differing opinion about players.