Todays ratings

Crossley 6 had nothing to do apart from picking the bvall oyt of the net

Eardley 5 Should put off any scouts watching, offered nothing going forward yet seems to be passed the ball all the time.

Bertrand 7 see's so little of the ball compared to Eardley despite being 100% better going forward

Trotters 6 should have scored an easy header

Stam 6 poor showing after some good displays

Taylor 6 gave very little

Allot 7 MOM for us, shame he's stuck out on the wing

Kilkenny 6 I'll drive him to donny after that.

Macca 6 did he play?

Davies 6 Saw very little of the ball

Hughes 6 Missed chances aplenty.

Missed a targetman today, a Porter would have made a huge difference given the way we played it today. What makes things worse is that Walsall were no great thing, took their only chances and Ricketts scored with his only kick of the game.

SHORT CORNERS NEVER WORK!!!!

crosseley 6 no chance with either goal

eardley 3 absolutely dreadful

stam 4 dont undestand him a ttimes

trotman 6 strong

bertrand 8 mom - tried really hard today no support

allot 6 - he is trying now allot no good out wide tho

macdonald 5 doesnt get involved enough

kilkenny 3 what is he doing at mo - thinking about other places crap today

davies 4 - what happened today gave us nothing

hughes 7 - always trying hard

agree with the short corners what is that all about - please tell me

Edited by neiladamsheadband

Struggling to think of one plus from Davies let alone 6!!!! A waste of space today, bone idle f****r! No one was decent but he was just disgraceful. Summed it up when he bottled a 50 50 allowing Walsall to break for Ricketts to score.

Gash game. Seem to have had more than our fair share at home this season.

Not gonna mention Kilkenny's corners...

SHCKN

E4e

With no other winger than Taylor, Davies ends up playing too wide resulting in us playing 4-5-1 and at home it nulls the game against an already defensive opposition.

Away from home its ok as teams attack us and we can counter with speed.

We need another wide player to start with Taylor so our front two don’t have to go deep to receive the ball.

With no other winger than Taylor, Davies ends up playing too wide resulting in us playing 4-5-1 and at home it nulls the game against an already defensive opposition.

Away from home its ok as teams attack us and we can counter with speed.

We need another wide player to start with Taylor so our front two don’t have to go deep to receive the ball.

I agree we need another out and out winger on the pitch, but also we need to utilize the centre mids. The number of times today a quick pass inside was on for the centre mids to bring the ball forward and increase the tempo of the game and we looked for a negative option instead was a joke. The thing is though the McDonald and Kilkenny were doing it as well, completely ignoring each other at times when they were in space. I don't understand why we have to look wide ALL the time, we are so predictable and easy to defend against when we get into that mode. Seems very old school style of play to me.

Crossley 5

Eardley 2

Bert 7

Stam 6

Trotts 6

McDonald 8 (MoM by a mile)

Allot 7

Killkenny 4

Taylor 3

Davies 2

Hughes 6

Shez/Wright 1. Are they qualified coaches?

Today was as bad as it gets. Where they all on the lash over Christmas? Too many rumours of boozing for me. We ahve become a pub team.. last year was so so much better. AND Walsall were nowt special.

I agree we need another out and out winger on the pitch, but also we need to utilize the centre mids. The number of times today a quick pass inside was on for the centre mids to bring the ball forward and increase the tempo of the game and we looked for a negative option instead was a joke. The thing is though the McDonald and Kilkenny were doing it as well, completely ignoring each other at times when they were in space. I don't understand why we have to look wide ALL the time, we are so predictable and easy to defend against when we get into that mode. Seems very old school style of play to me.

I got the impression today that Davies doesn't like playing with Hughes. Im not sure why i got that impression but something just doesn't look right with them two.

In all fairness to Warsaw, today they were well drilled and disciplined in what they had to do. The complete opposite from when we played them away. Their statement of intent today was 'here we are, break us down.' We couldn't.

Exactly the same tactics as Luton employed, so teams know exactly how to play here.

trotman 6 strong

agree with the short corners what is that all about - please tell me could it be we are no good at long corners?

What amazes me that Tommy Wright, one of the best Iv'e seen at taking corner kicks is now the Latics coach.

They were hard, swerving and vicious.

So why can't he coach his technique to the players ?

Edited by BP1960

I got the impression today that Davies doesn't like playing with Hughes. Im not sure why i got that impression but something just doesn't look right with them two.

I think your right! Davies was our number one striker for while and he was doing well. Then there was some competion between the two of them, which was when we was at our best going forward. However, now hughes has established himself as the number one striker, Davies is struggling to play second fiddle.

That's the way I see it anyay.

I agree we need another out and out winger on the pitch, but also we need to utilize the centre mids.

I don't understand why we have to look wide ALL the time, we are so predictable

I won't bother contradicting you .....

We need some ideas soemwhere ....Walsall were just better oragnised and wanted it more. Alec1954 gave Shez 1 today which was generous - he's the one who put out a team lacking in organisation and commitment today. Why oh why did Taylor and Davies both play on the right at times with Allott left midfield? midfield was missing for large parts of the game because of this....

Walsall worked for each other, never had to resort to the long ball because there was always someone available for the simple pass. Several times we couldn't even take a throw in quickly because there was no movement. We had to try the difficult pass today because we didn't have the players with the work rate or organisation to make the simple easy pass. Until we get this 2 wingers will be a luxury.

crosseley 6 couldnt have done anything about any of the goals

eardley 5 - not his best game but i think he's being made a bit of a scapegoat

stam 5 - not at his best

trotman 5 - made a few mistakes, including coming rushing out for their 2nd goal - can do no wrong for some people tho

bertrand 6 - one of our better players today. will be missed if he goes back

allot 6 - another of our better players today

macdonald 6 - another decent game, he was making run after run but no-body was picking him out except once when he headed over

kilkenny 5 - poor again today

taylor - another poor game, one half decent cross all game

davies 5 - another poor game,

hughes 5 - poor again, missed our best chance but again he can do no wrong for some people

Smalley - 6 nothing special but gave us some shape at least with 2 wide players on

Wolfy 6 - didnt have much time to do anything

Shez needs to get their heads up, they look like a defeated team form the word go. They don't seem to be playing for each other, under Dowie they all played for each other and looked like they wanted to play for the club and never gave up. It was the same under Royle, we didnt have any world beaters but we had players who would give 110% for each other and for the club but at the moment they don't really seem that bothered. We need to get a squad with players with passion who will stick together through thick and thin and we need to keep the squad together for more than one season which hasn't happened that last few years

i'd have stuck smalley in the middle with hughes when he came on and stuck davies on the wing.

Taylor wouldnt look out of place in a pub team to be honest.He cant tackle and he cant cross to save his life.His only quality is his pace but he's that scared of losing the ball he tremers like a:censored:ting dog when the ball is at his feet.

in short if he cant do it get rid,NOW.

I'll add eardley to the list of shame as well,he is absolutely useless.

In contrast to betrand who makes eardley look like a 10 year ols

BIG changes needed shez or tta might have to step in

trotman 6 strong

agree with the short corners what is that all about - please tell me

yeah forgot about taylor - that says it all

I won't bother contradicting you .....

We need some ideas soemwhere ....Walsall were just better oragnised and wanted it more. Alec1954 gave Shez 1 today which was generous - he's the one who put out a team lacking in organisation and commitment today. Why oh why did Taylor and Davies both play on the right at times with Allott left midfield? midfield was missing for large parts of the game because of this....

Walsall worked for each other, never had to resort to the long ball because there was always someone available for the simple pass. Several times we couldn't even take a throw in quickly because there was no movement. We had to try the difficult pass today because we didn't have the players with the work rate or organisation to make the simple easy pass. Until we get this 2 wingers will be a luxury.

I think because we only have the one winger we are becoming more and more predictable as we try and force the play down one side, whilst we fail to try anything different by going through the centre as well. Our only plan of attack seems to be to get it to the full backs and try and get down the wings which is such an old fashioned tactic to try and get as many crosses in as we can. We have 2 midfieldrs in Kilkenny and Gary Mac who could cope with a quick passing game looking for give and go's in the centre and into the strikers feet. We need to mix it up a bit because at the moment we are just looking stale at home. A bit of endeavour and creativity (and play Smalley at home ffs so that we keep a decent shape) and we may well start beating teams.

Taylor wouldnt look out of place in a pub team to be honest.He cant tackle and he cant cross to save his life.His only quality is his pace but he's that scared of losing the ball he tremers like a:censored:ting dog when the ball is at his feet.

in short if he cant do it get rid,NOW.

I'll add eardley to the list of shame as well,he is absolutely useless.

In contrast to betrand who makes eardley look like a 10 year ols

BIG changes needed shez or tta might have to step in

There seems to have been a lot of rubbish on the board tonight, but this takes the biscuit!

How short-sighted are you?!

"Taylor needs to be got rid of? Eardley is useless??!" :shock:

I don't get to many games so I can't comment on today, but going off past experience these two players offer so much to the team! Yes they will have some bad games and need to improve certain areas of their game but they are way way ahead of schedule in their development and they are the future of this club one way or another.

Finally, to put it in perspective, Eardley is barely 19, Taylor barely 21 and they are two of many very young players in our squad! So again I have to ask: How short-sighted are you?!

:rant.sml:

Crossley 6

Eardley 5

Bertrand 6

Trotters 6

Stam 6

Taylor 6

Allot 7

Kilkenny 6

Macca 6

Davies 4

Hughes 4

Nothing useful from the wide players....only looked good through the middle....missing Liddell (puts on tin hat)

Edited by oafc0000