Its all the fans fault?

Now people seem to be under the impression that its all the fans fault that we are playing so badly at home. Now I know their are quite a few who will come to Boundary Park and look for any excuse to moan and they don't all sit in the NSM upper in fact they are scattered all over the ground. I hardly slag the players off at all because at the end of the day I can't do any better if I could I would be out their doing it. Nothing is funnier than seeing an overweight p-ss head telling a proffessional athlete that he is too slow. But being a proffesional footballer does require thick skin it is part of the job description thats what seperates the men from the boys. At the moment I don't think some of our lads are mentally tough enough and this is partly because overall we have such a young team but they will have to learn to shut it out. Forget what some miserable old so and so in the stand says and just play the game. Ive been and watched Bolton a number of times down the years and I can tell you some of their fans are far worse than ours yet in that time they kept improving because Sam Alladyce created a team that had great spirit and strong character.

So while I have never condoned booing of a mob sat from the safety of the stands. Its upto the players to make sure they are strong enough to shut it out and shut them up.

Simple answer, no it isnt the fans fault....

Hmmm ask a psychologist and ask them whether they believe abuse to be acceptable in the work place and how they would think it would affect people. Also if you have one work place where a person was bullied and abused and one where a person was supported, the latter environment would likely be the more sucessfull. Also where do you think people would rather work at?

If I was Ricketts, Porter, Wellens, Eardley, Kilkenny, Bertrand etc, I would have to think twice of whether i want to work at a club like ours. We all have a go at Porter and Wellens for the money, but do you ever think that they may have not been happy. So many have never said anything in support apart from when a goal is scored, but will criticise at the earliest moment when ever a good move doesnt result in a goal.

I was angry after the Wallsall game, angry because it has become miserable watching latics if things are not going too well. I question whether its worth paying the money to watch latics and think it is worth it. However, sitting with some of the idiots that I have to put up with, im not sure if I want to.

Fantastic - something has always gone on this way so why should we change it.

Tell that to the Japanese.

Dont worry, you will win the day! Things will change, they have been changing since Hillsbourugh.... Soon football will be a completly sterile atmosphere......

Slowly but surely football is becoming no different from a trip to the cinema......

Dont worry, you will win the day! Things will change, they have been changing since Hillsbourugh.... Soon football will be a completly sterile atmosphere......

Slowly but surely football is becoming no different from a trip to the cinema......

People shouting 'unacceptable' things at football matches, smoking in pubs, gobbing on the pavement-what the hell, let's completely disregard wider societal factors and just ban it.

Ban fans at matches altogether and then the players will be able to focus entirely on their game.

Yeah like at Liverpool, where they support the team????

They only reason why latics is becoming miserable is because we dont support the team... and actually I am pretty loud supporter myself.

Yeah like at Liverpool, where they support the team????

They only reason why latics is becoming miserable is because we dont support the team... and actually I am pretty loud supporter myself.

What-nobody in BP supports the team? As I said-get a grip.

Clubs like Liverpool breed fanatics in large part due to being successful. Our own fanatics have to be made of sterner stuff.

A professional footbaler should be capable of taking abuse and still delivering.....its pratically in the job description....now lets stop fanning around and discuss a real topic...

Firstly, nobody should have to take abuse no matter what the job they do, constructive criticism yes but not abuse, out of order in my opinion. To be honest when I heard the chants of "die ricketts die" I felt ever so slightly embarressed to be n oldham fan. Secondly, money does not make you immune to abusive comments--no matter how much money you are being paid. Thirdly, as an oldham fan why would you want to be abusive to an oldham player. Get on their backs abit for not giving 110% but out and out abuse is more a sad reflection of our society to be honest. Without the proper support of our fans we are disadvantaging ourselves before the game has even began.

Firstly, nobody should have to take abuse no matter what the job they do, constructive criticism yes but not abuse, out of order in my opinion. To be honest when I heard the chants of "die ricketts die" I felt ever so slightly embarressed to be n oldham fan. Secondly, money does not make you immune to abusive comments--no matter how much money you are being paid. Thirdly, as an oldham fan why would you want to be abusive to an oldham player. Get on their backs abit for not giving 110% but out and out abuse is more a sad reflection of our society to be honest. Without the proper support of our fans we are disadvantaging ourselves before the game has even began.

Well used to be an accepted part of the game for the last 80 years..... The modern fans are different though..... Overtime the old way of doing things will be replaced with the new ways of thinking.... I wonder how much fun it will be going to a football match in 10 years time ?

Edited by oafc0000

Well used to be an accepted part of the game for the last 80 years..... The modern fans are different though..... Overtime the old way of doing things will be replaced with the new ways of thinking.... I wonder how much fun it will be going to a football match in 10 years time ?

You can have lots of fun singing for your team, getting behind your team in general, and yes you can have the banter but slagging off the players for no good reason is out of order, and not a fan imo. Use to be just this way when I was a kid 20 years ago and was fantasic, with a great atmosphere. Now it seems to be the attitude I pay my money so I can tell a player to go and die, for example :angry: I don't think we are far from the time when and player gets serioualy hurt on a football picture.

Love football players or hate them for their money grabbing ways they still have the same right not to be verbally abused which lets face it in the work place would be unacceptable. To be honest if I was ricketts and had scored the goal on saturday I would have celebrated big time.

I've watched the odd Bury and Stockport game and they are no worse or better than us - some shout at players when they make mistakes; some sing all game; some sit on their hands and just watch the game . Dont know where this self loathing amongst Oldham fans comes from.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

I've watched the odd Bury and Stockport game and they are no worse or better than us - some shout at players when they make mistakes; some sing all game; some sit on their hands and just watch the game . Dont know where this self loathing amongst Oldham fans comes from.

certainly no self loathing here mate. There are, however, minority of oldham fans who think it is ok to verbally abuse players. No wonder some players choose to not stay at oldham. I take it you weren't at the game on saturday when some fans were asking ricketts to die? This is not normal behaviour.

certainly no self loathing here mate. There are, however, minority of oldham fans who think it is ok to verbally abuse players. No wonder some players choose to not stay at oldham. I take it you weren't at the game on saturday when some fans were asking ricketts to die? This is not normal behaviour.

I was at the game on Saturday (season ticket in Chad) but didn't sing it myself. It seemed to me that the Ricketts song was surely sung purely out of frustration, we've had much worse sung towards some of our players. If we'd have been winning two nil, the song would have been the better natured Ricketts Ricketts whats the score.

I was at the game on Saturday (season ticket in Chad) but didn't sing it myself. It seemed to me that the Ricketts song was surely sung purely out of frustration, we've had much worse sung towards some of our players. If we'd have been winning two nil, the song would have been the better natured Ricketts Ricketts whats the score.

well you're entitled to your opinion but i disagree. The chanhts had real hatred in them, which I can't understand when he has done nothing wrong and could in all possibility play for oldham again. Think some fans need to remember that it is just a game. Dread to think what you have heard that was worse than that.

Fantastic - something has always gone on this way so why should we change it.

Tell that to the Japanese.

Leave the Japanese out of this. It's great living with old traditions but futuristic gadgets. On new years I rang the gong, carried a shrine, drank nihonshu then went back to watch kick boxing on a 62" plasma TV.

Life here is good.

I normally dont shut me gob all the match but it is never negative - stupid sometimes yes but negative - non! Die Ricketts Die was a bit OTT and I shut up then, then the 2nd half performance and in-house fighting shut me up even more - a bad day at the office indeed.