killer offer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3k seems too low to me

salary cap is a joke anyways cos we can just pay the salary up to the cap then give the rest as a signing on fee.

if you take people like lidds who must have been on 7kish at sheff utd then he must have more than halved his wages to come here? same with greegs at leeds? croslley at premier league fulham? hughes with offers all over the place?

3k seems too low to me

salary cap is a joke anyways cos we can just pay the salary up to the cap then give the rest as a signing on fee.

if you take people like lidds who must have been on 7kish at sheff utd then he must have more than halved his wages to come here? same with greegs at leeds? croslley at premier league fulham? hughes with offers all over the place?

They just aren't! They will not be on that sort of money.

3k seems too low to me

Gregan will have had a pay-off from Dirty Leeds, and both he and Liddell got longish contracts that give them the security towards the end of their careers. Wasn't Crossley ouit of contract? He was very much a backup player for Fulham anyway, having been loaned out last season.

QUOTE: Not sure I like the idea of Kilkenny being our top earner.

why not? the lad without doubt is talented, too good for this level and given dedication would be good enough for the lower to mid Prem. He showed yesterday what a class act he is and easilly outshone Thompson or any other Leeds midfield player. I'd love the lad to stay and become the cornerstone to the side. He'd certainly become a Latics legend if he signed on for 3 seasons and we wouldn't lose money on the lad. Alas I think he's Donny bound.

i see your points but still seems to low.

3k a week low?

Check this from 2006.

BBC report

So your average League One player was on 67k a year. Bit of maths and it's about £1300 a week. Now some might be on less a few on considerably more but figures like 6k don't fit at all.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Guest oa_exile
I think Gregan is our top earner with Lids in second.....both of which I think are off at the end of the season. Not sure I like the idea of Kilkenny being our top earner.

Gregan is here until the end of next season , we gave him a two and a half year deal

Kevin Blackwell was on Sky yesterday talking of Lutons situation and said their players average wage was £1,400pw. Ours must be similar.

The likes of Wolfy and Smallety will be on very little money compare to the rest. probably couple of hundred a week I would guess... That will pull are numbers right down....