Kilkenny Question

Guest oa exile

Guest oa_exile

OK it's now nearly lunchtime on Thursday , so if KK is going to sign when will the cut off point be for him to be available play on Saturday ? I would assume midnight tonight ?

Guest oa_exile

The reason i am raising the question is that Donny dont have a game this week so if Thursday (or Friday noon) comes and goes this could drag on way ino next week as he will have time !

Guest oa_exile
I predict it will drag on - then he'll sign for Donny.

................and that is what is starting to grind at me.

In the meantime the transfer window is open we need another midfield replacement for Saturday which wont happen until KK "makes a decision".

We are told the offer has been on the table for two weeks now , spoke to him again after Leeds and i am sure we have spoken to him again.

And after all that he signs for Donny and we may have missed out on someone else that Shez has in mind :shock:

"Exile , calm down dear"

winnerPA180906_243x373.jpg

And after all that he signs for Donny and we may have missed out on someone else that Shez has in mind :shock:

Beat him to the punch then. If it isn't sorted for a certain date it's off and we'll look elsewhere. We've been bitten on the backside before like this.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Guest sheridans_world

I'd give him until the 14th, say sign or dont sign by that date. Any longer and we could miss out on any other targets Shez has while the window is open...

Guest oa_exile
Beat him to the punch then. If it isn't sorted for a certain date it's off and we'll look elsewhere. We've been bitten on the backside before like this.

Probably Donny are thinking on the same lines as on their OS they have other irons in the fire as well.

May already be in the package we've offered KK, but I was thinking it may be a solution. Put the non-promotion release clause in and this will allow KK to move on, should he wish to, in the summer if we don't go up. If he does go then I'm sure we could generate more than the £100k we've supposedly splashed out.

Make the deadline a day before Donny's then :wink:

I'm another in the "I don't think he'll sign camp". Yes he has enjoyed his time at Latics and has made some good mates etc, but in the end its a job, and he'll go where there is the best deal. And we cannot compete financially with other teams that might be interested in him.

Also I think if he's going to sign for us. it would be in time to play at Everton. Massive game, which the squad must be anticipating eagerly. Cannot see him missing out on the game and then joining us later.

I wish him well - even if he goes to another League One side and comes back to haunt us (which to be honest - is more than likely)

Was reading about it in the paper here this morning and SOD is furious apparently that the bid got out as he likes to keep everything quiet. Also comments that we bid for him in the summer but Birmingham wanted 400k which at that stage we wouldn't pay so we didn't follow it up.

Was reading about it in the paper here this morning and SOD is furious apparently that the bid got out as he likes to keep everything quiet. Also comments that we bid for him in the summer but Birmingham wanted 400k which at that stage we wouldn't pay so we didn't follow it up.

So if he signs for Donny, where does that leave Wellens in view of this 'story' that they hate each others guts?

Surely if that the case, SOD wont want to knowingly be driving wedges into his squad morale?

So if he signs for Donny, where does that leave Wellens in view of this 'story' that they hate each others guts?

Surely if that the case, SOD wont want to knowingly be driving wedges into his squad morale?

it says on the brum site massive clearout,and names 5 players straight away,obviously one is kk.

if he has had 2 weeks already and still hasnt made up his mind then i doubt he will sign for us.who wouldnt want to play against a premier league side with the slight chance of an upset and an even bigger shop window to play in.

if he goes he goes,you cant fault him for that,but i would hope shez has already drawn a list up even before we had a bid accepted,especially now we have the possibility of 3 key players out,plus berty an kk gone,with lidds and greegan out,we are paper thin.

i would hope at least 3 new faces arrive before the next league game.

Wellens in failing to like team mate of similar or better ability shocker :wink:

Looks like young Richard's nose will be put well out of joint soon if NK joins them :grin:

In answer to the question regarding deadlines.....

From tonights Oldham Evening Chronicle.....Chron

Cup deadline for Kilkenny

NEIL KILKENNY has until lunchtime tomorrow to decide whether he wants to feature for Athletic in Saturday’s FA Cup third-round tie at Everton.

The 22-year-old must complete a permanent transfer from Birmingham City by noon to be eligible for the cup clash.

Athletic, who are vying with Doncaster Rovers for Kilkenny’s signature, have not given up hope of landing the full Australian international.

They have agreed a six-figure transfer fee and also a package which would make Kilkenny, who today was back in Birmingham finalising his exit from St Andrews, the highest-paid player at Boundary Park.

Chief executive Alan Hardy explained: “I spoke to Neil yesterday and I expressed as strongly as I can that we would love him to join us, something which also applies to the fans.

“That is why we have agreed a sizeable transfer fee and also made him an offer which would make him our highest-paid player.”

Mr Hardy points to the package as further evidence of Athletic’s ambition, adding that it follows on from the summer transfers of Craig Davies and Lee Hughes, both of whom have played at a higher level.

Athletic believe there is little likelihood of reviving a deal for left-back Ryan Bertrand, who has returned to Chelsea.

It looks likely the 18-year-old could be loaned out again, but to a club in the Coca-Cola Championship. Hull City and Leicester City are potential suitors.

Meanwhile, preparations for Saturday’s cup tie could not be worse with over half the team which won at Leeds United on New Year’s Day possibly missing.

Apart from Kilkenny and Bertrand, manager John Sheridan has Neal Trotman banned and three major injury doubts.

Goalkeeper Mark Crossley (ankle), Chris Taylor (hamstring) and Lee Hughes (groin) were all hurt at Elland Road.

Taylor, who limped off after only 19 minutes, appears the biggest worry as he looks set to lose his ever-present status in the current campaign.

Manager John Sheridan will recall right-back Neal Eardley, who was rested for the Leeds game, but is so short of senior players that he is likely to call up some of the club’s young trainees - Josh Bell, Paul Black and Aaron Chalmers - as substitutes.

Athletic have already sold 5,000 tickets for Saturday’s match but will still have some available on open sale when the offices at Boundary Park reopen at 9am tomorrow.

Edited by oa_exile
Article added

Guest oa_exile
Friday dinner isn't it?

The 22-year-old must complete a permanent transfer from Birmingham City by noon to be eligible for the cup clash.

Well done Mate ! :)

Cheers :wink:

Sure we missed out before on something similar, not Gregan but a while before then. Think we got the player Friday tea and were then told he couldn't play till the week after due to FA Cup being 12pm as opposed to the Friday 5pm that happens for League games (does that even exist now, didn't we get NK on a Saturday morning?) - stuck with me for some reason.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Highest paid player at the club? Do we still count Ricketts on the wage bill do you think? I'm still waiting til I see something in black and white to believe he's not one of our players anymore!

Dont you worry about It will.. We havent paid Ricketts since Nov and I'll not get a penny from us again :wink: