Wanky Wanderers 15th Oct

Afternoon gents,

Anyone up for this? Having never been to Bulton's new ground. I went to Burnden Park - bless Darren Beckford - I'm thinking of making the trip. This might of course mean choosing a Lancashire derby over a day out in UKIP heartland this weekend?

Currently I'm looking at the following to/from Euston/Horwich Parkway changing at Piccadilly.

OUT 10:20 ARR 13:13 JOURNEY 2:53

RTN 17:47 ARR 20:59 JOURNEY 3:12

It would appear the recommended away pub near the ground in Horwich is the Beehive, which is a 15 min walk past the stadium: https://whatpub.com/pubs/BOL/113/bee-hive-horwich

Cheers,

Andy

Aye, Manc it is then..... non-OWTB active OASIS folk, Dave R, Geoff and Floyd (a.k.a the breakfast club) are confirmed.... will post on here any arrangements for those who may decide to join in late.....

You don't fancy the beer festival then?

I'll keep an eye open for your updates.

You don't fancy the beer festival then?

I'll keep an eye open for your updates.

....I do, but none of the OASIS lot who are going seem that bothered..... I'll be easily led......

I'm now booked on't following trains.....

Euston to/from Piccadilly:

OUT 10:00 ARR 12:07 JOURNEY 2:07.

RTN 18:35 ARR 20:59 JOURNEY 2:24

....which would leave a solid 2 hours drinking time in Manchester [Venue TBC], before jumping on the following to/from Horwich Parkway....

Piccadilly to/from Horwich Pkwy:

OUT 14:03 ARR 14:34 JOURNEY 0:31

RTN 17:26 ARR 17:57 JOURNEY 0:31

Dave R, Geoff & Floyd are on the early charabanc [as is the norm] and will in Manchester between 10 and 11......

....at this stage, they are heading over to Victoria station to either the Station bar which I think is called the Beer House & Kitchen.... or, possibly the Lower Turks Head, which is a short walk up Shudehill....

...of course, this all could change.... and I'm not due into Piccadilly until midday..... so I'll post updates as we go....

Dave R, Geoff & Floyd are on the early charabanc [as is the norm] and will in Manchester between 10 and 11......

....at this stage, they are heading over to Victoria station to either the Station bar which I think is called the Beer House & Kitchen.... or, possibly the Lower Turks Head, which is a short walk up Shudehill....

...of course, this all could change.... and I'm not due into Piccadilly until midday..... so I'll post updates as we go....

Beer House is a horrible ripoff with :censored: service.

Beer House is a horrible ripoff with :censored: service.

Hmmm... Leeslover said much the same thing... I'll see where the breakfast club end up before deciding whether to join them. It's just as easy to get to Horwich from Piccadilly as it is from Victoria.... and seeing as we [OASIS-lot] land at Piccadilly, it might prove more sensible to head somewhere near there.... will post updates on here.

Hmmm... Leeslover said much the same thing... I'll see where the breakfast club end up before deciding whether to join them. It's just as easy to get to Horwich from Piccadilly as it is from Victoria.... and seeing as we [OASIS-lot] land at Piccadilly, it might prove more sensible to head somewhere near there.... will post updates on here.

What about Piccadilly Tap then?