New Supporters Club

Guest M_OAFC

With the recent emergence of BOAST and BALLS to compliment the the long established OASIS, and given the proportion of our "local" fans that seem to come from Rochdale and Tameside, I thought it was about time us outnumbered Oldhamers had a supporters club of our own.

So here it is................

Athletic Supporters Based in Oldham

I'm sure you will agree that ASBO is very apt and encapsulates the image of the town perfectly. Applications for membership should be posted below but please note that there will be an initiation ceremony involving chucking stones at firemen while they are trying to tackle a blaze and this must be completed prior to acceptance.

Maybe we are being too secular with that idea though. Perhaps we need to bring the Rochdale and Tameside contingent on board and place the emphasis on all those Oldham supporters who have remained loyal to the north west resisting temptation of the fruits that lie further south. Maybe what we need is.............

Athletic Supporters Still Of Local Extraction

I think ASSOLE accurately depicts the traditional dark and dirty perception of the north west.

There again, perhaps our friends in the surrounding boroughs would prefer us to keep our ASBO whilst they opt for an identity of their very own. Well fear not, for here comes the............................

Brethren of Athletic Supporters from Tameside And Rochdale Districts

On the downside, that is a bit of mouthfull and could be a B A S T A R D to remember.

Having thought about it in more depth, perhaps the Rochdale contingent wouldn't take too kindly to being lumped in with the Tameside crew. Maybe they want an identity all of their own. After all, one of that Rochdale lot has already led his minnions to march upon our Civic Centre in a display of military might so they clearly are proud of their independence. Come to think of it, Colebrook's troops will probably want to go even more local than that. They aren't going to want the likes of rebellious Manchester-wannabe outposts like Middleton creating disharmony in the ranks. Maybe it's better to stick to the posh half of Rochdale. How about.........................

The Oldham Supporters Society of East Rochdale and Smithybridge

And what a bunch of ?*&!£$+ they are.

And last but not least, lets not forget the border district of Failsworth. Officially part of Oldham but noted for the unfathomable desire of many of its residents to insist that they are from the dark side. They aren't going to want to be lumped in with ASBO are they. Well if they want to be part of Manchester that badly then why doesn't the...................

Failsworth Union of Commited Oldham Football Fanatics

just go and F U C O F F

Edited by M_OAFC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel proud that the trend I picked up on after the illustrious OASIS with the creation of BOAST, and Diego, in his best possile way copied blatantly in a poorer fashion to create BALLS, has started something which has created so many T-O-S-S-E-R-S, B-A-S-T-A-R-D's and A-S-S-O-L-E-S...

No matter which persuasion you are... BOAST will happily welscome you down the Sportsman tomorrow night! :drinking45: *

*for reference 'down the sportsman' in niether acronym or pun :huh:

How many people are actually in the BALLS fan club.

It's more of a fans' club than a fan club. As in the perfect team we have 11* members - some are currently doing missionary work around the world getting the locals to keep the Faith.

I presume that ASBO membership is not open to Oldham moaners. On that basis, it will be interesting to see if A.S.B.O. can scrape together more members than B.A.L.L.S. :unsure:

* Plus honorary Burtonian members Craig Davies, Shane Meadows and Paddy Considine. B)

BURTON AREA LOYAL LATICS' SUPPORTERS
Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Right well I'm fed up of being left out. As of 00.19 on 12 Feb 2008, out of a love for Oldham Athletic and a coincidental name clash with a fish, the

Nottingham and East Midlands Oldhamers

was born. Current membership stands at one, and any willing to join are more than welcome to subject to geographical suitability.

Right well I'm fed up of being left out. As of 00.19 on 12 Feb 2008, out of a love for Oldham Athletic and a coincidental name clash with a fish, the

was born. Current membership stands at one, and any willing to join are more than welcome to subject to geographical suitability.

Your signature shows the wrong birth date for N.E.M.O. :excl:

Your signature shows the wrong birth date for N.E.M.O. :excl:

Don't know what you're talking about Diego :grin:

Ta for the heads up, though the mistake was understandable what with all the paperwork going through the NEMO HQs at the moment and the stress of the launch.

i feel left out to, so i also want to start my own group

Shaw & Crompton Urban Member Based Athletics Group of Supporters.

at the moment only one member but im sure as word gets out all the other SCUMBAGS.of Shaw will get behind this one. :naughty:

People were asking me yesterday how I felt about the derby score as they know I like football, I had to keep on reminding them that I am an Oldham Athletic Supporter not a United Supporter, I might set up a group to show this more clearly:

Athletic, Not United Supporter.

Well, I do talk out of it most of the time.

The borders are starting to get blurred here - you are clearly encroaching on B.A.L.L.S territory. Splitters!

B.A.L.L.S will have to discuss this clearly agressive development at it's meeting later today, to be held in a car heading along the M5 southbound. Military action is not being ruled out (although admittdely we are aware that the Nottingham contingent do have a considerable arsenal of weaponry at their disposal locally!)

We are willing to give you Derby, but anything westbound must remain B.A.L.L.S

Can I therefore suggest Good Oldham Nottingham And Derby Supporters, or G.O.N.A.D.S for short :)

Edited by oafc_ok

i feel left out to, so i also want to start my own group

Shaw & Crompton Urban Member Based Athletics Group of Supporters.

at the moment only one member but im sure as word gets out all the other SCUMBAGS.of Shaw will get behind this one. :naughty:

Are you a rival organisation to the famous Great Athletic Winners Born In East Shaw? :grin:

The borders are starting to get blurred here - you are clearly encroaching on B.A.L.L.S territory. Splitters!

B.A.L.L.S will have to discuss this clearly agressive development at it's meeting later today, to be held in a car heading along the M5 southbound. Military action is not being ruled out (although admittdely we are aware that the Nottingham contingent do have a considerable arsenal of weaponry at their disposal locally!)

We are willing to give you Derby, but anything westbound must remain B.A.L.L.S

Can I therefore suggest Good Oldham Nottingham And Derby Supporters, or G.O.N.A.D.S for short :)

I'm sorry but this is outrageous. NEMO covers Notts, Derbyshire, Leics, Northants and Lincolnshire. The Burton area - well that's Staffs as far as I'm concerned. If you want to expand then take the West Midlands!

As a new found group we know we are vulnerable to acts of aggression from suspicious neighbours, and we will not hesitate to use force if we feel our security is threatened. We're open to negotiations but Derby on its own is not enough of a buffer zone against you Barbarians.

Edited by jsslatic