New signings –fans judgements

I remember a year ago our new signings were all welcomed, but one wasn’t welcomed as much as the rest. “ Why are we paying money for him?” was the general consensus. 12 months later and Mark Allott was the player of the year. Basically what I’m trying to say is as soon as our signings are made, lets not just slag them off first!

I remember a year ago our new signings were all welcomed, but one wasn’t welcomed as much as the rest. “ Why are we paying money for him?” was the general consensus. 12 months later and Mark Allott was the player of the year. Basically what I’m trying to say is as soon as our signings are made, lets not just slag them off first!

I said this on another post... the only two players that didnt get a hammering when we signed em last summer were John Thompson and JP Kalala.... ooops....

Davies, Hughes, Crossley, Hazell & Allott (especially the last two) were going to send us down before a ball was kicked.. lets give em a chance, especially if:

1. They arent signed from a team that has just won the european cup... you can sign the best players from the worst teams..

2. They are a striker and hasnt scored 40 goals last season (I love the posts where someone says we need a target man, then hammers the suggestions as they dont score 2 a game)

3. You havent heard of them... just trust Shez to have, eh?

4. They may have played for us in the past

5. They arent a creative midfielder... or indeed simply they arent Richie Wellens

We need 4 solid additions to an already good side, with some great youngsters, some teams around us will break the bank to sign stupidly overhyped players... we need people who will do a job, and support our already great players - Hughes, Davies, Allot, Taylor, Eards, greegs, hazell, Crossley.... The best spine in this division already....

The amount of times I read on here about people wanting players who have played for us previously is laughable.

I agree about the 4 players – (5 inc a back up keeper)

And I’m pleased shez wants 2 left sided players. Would seriously help balance the team.

Just cos we are Signing “J.A.Rank” from FC bobbins doesn’t mean he’ll be any worse than someone we have heard of.

Don't like to admit it Senor but its true....ish :grin:

Yeah, if you class that saying every signing is gash until proved otherwise is true... so suppose you are right in a way Coco..!

... but that was back in the days when Coco was really negative... not the new sunshine and light coco! :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
get your trumpet out Coco and give us a tune :lol:

Just cos we are Signing “J.A.Rank” from FC bobbins doesn’t mean he’ll be any worse than someone we have heard of.

No, but with that bloody great gong, Josh's drum and Coco's trumpet, the RRE could rival the England band next season. :grin:

No, but with that bloody great gong, Josh's drum and Coco's trumpet, the RRE could rival the England band next season. :grin:

Ace. We could sound like a bunch of giftless embarrassing excuses who might have been funny once, but most people wish would give it a rest now. Mind you, they became Leeds fans instead of Sheffield...

I said this on another post... the only two players that didnt get a hammering when we signed em last summer were John Thompson and JP Kalala.... ooops....

Davies, Hughes, Crossley, Hazell & Allott (especially the last two) were going to send us down before a ball was kicked.. lets give em a chance, especially if:

1. They arent signed from a team that has just won the european cup... you can sign the best players from the worst teams..

2. They are a striker and hasnt scored 40 goals last season (I love the posts where someone says we need a target man, then hammers the suggestions as they dont score 2 a game)

3. You havent heard of them... just trust Shez to have, eh?

4. They may have played for us in the past

5. They arent a creative midfielder... or indeed simply they arent Richie Wellens

We need 4 solid additions to an already good side, with some great youngsters, some teams around us will break the bank to sign stupidly overhyped players... we need people who will do a job, and support our already great players - Hughes, Davies, Allot, Taylor, Eards, greegs, hazell, Crossley.... The best spine in this division already....

Good post,.

I always work on the premise if you don;t got too excited about a signing, or too downbeat then you won't be far wrong.

Edited by singe

Good post,.

I always work on the premise if you don;t got too excited about a signing, or too downbeat then you won't be far wrong.

I use the same philosophy regarding my expectations when watching Latics and find I don't get as stressed as many of my fellow supporters.

Hmmm.... take your general point, but you've taken the general concerns regarding Allott that were raised twelve months ago out of context. The point you missed was that there was concern that it seemed a strange bit of business letting Wellens go for nothing to one of our rivals, whilst paying a transfer fee which was anything from 50K to 100K on a player from a team who had just been relegated. I'd say that the general consensus that we had not replaced the quality that had left as pretty spot on. Whilst Allott has played well this season, he is not as good as Wellens. If we had strengthened the team, rather than weaken the team, it could have been us that had made top 6, not Doncaster.

In view of the fact that it doesn't look like that any of our best performers will be going (Davies, Earldey, Taylor, Hughes etc) and we are bringing better players in, on paper at least, we will be stronger next season, unlike last season, where the players brought in were not as good as those that had left.

Said from day one Thompsons a bag of :censored:e, but that I'd give him chance as I would any new player. As any fan should. Sadly, he confirmed my suspicions.