Clark Keltie

ooooh - new Rumour...

anyone know what this means:

it could well be the last contribution in a Darlington shirt for the midfielder who is the focus point of so many debates amongst Darlington fans.

Have to say though - hopefully he is the best of a bad bunch a la Hazell and Allott!

Google reveals that he is between 5 foot 11 and 6 foot 1, and he appears to have some sort of eating disorder that causes his weight to fluctuate by a stone. He's a funny looking bugger, him and Ratters in midfield would put many's the opposition off their have time oranges.

More smoke to the fire...

North east and teeside gazette

Interesting.....

LONG-SERVING Darlington midfielder Clark Keltie is understood to be interesting Oldham Athletic.

The 24-year-old has played almost 200 games for Quakers since making his debut as a teenager six years ago.

The former skipper scored the clubs final goal of the season in the League Two play-off defeat at Rochdale on Saturday, one of five penalties he has converted this season.

His contract is understood to expire next month, so he may leave on a free transfer to fulfil his ambition to play at at a higher level.

The Gazette understands that officials of League One side Oldham were due to watch him in the first leg of the play-off semi final, though he was left on the bench for that game.

However his good performance in the second leg will have boosted his hopes of earning a move.

Edited by BigfinLatic

Don't worry mate. It's been a busy and very pleasing day today.

jsslatic confused the issue by saying it was in the wrong Forum. ^_^

:)

Argh, what a meddlesome character I am.

If it wasn't for me this forum would fall apart due to the neglect by its mods... :grin:

darlo fans views on keltie:

Keltie is a very good midfielder. He is very creative, likes a pass and is strong on the ball. A lot of the darlo fans just follow the crowd to be honest 413 and for some reason theyve targetted Kelts. I think he would do well in your league, but i really hope we can keep him as hes one of my favourite players.

The Darlo fans have for some reason built up this idea that Keltie is rubbish so no matter how well he does for us it will never be enough. Would be a very good signing.

be interesting to see him in a higher league with a bit more time on the ball, can be prone to some mad wayward passes, but generally a sound player when he keeps it simple. trouble is, if he starts a game badly more often than not he goes on to have a mare, suppose it doesnt help when everyone gets on his back tho

he's played a few blinders and a few stinkers, as do most of the players down this end of the league, its the consistency that lets most of them down.

id have mixed feelings about him leaving, and i dont think any of us really know what the impact would be until he does eventually leave and try somewhere else

deffo wortha punt tho

he's played a few blinders and a few stinkers, as do most of the players down this end of the league, its the consistency that lets most of them down.

Hasn't Shez has stated he want's consistancy though ?

the new Richard Butcher!!!!

It clearly states in the darlo reviews that he can occasionally pass, and is strong on the ball... straight away raising him above Butcher level - as he blatantly couldt do either....

Our new creative midfielder then... Hmmmmm...

Prob worth a punt by the sounds of things.... cant imagine him being on megabucks for his first seasons at the dizzy heights of Division 3...

League 2 Tosh......... :disguise::grin::wink:

:lol:

Glad to see my phrase registered...

If you notice, my post is full of mediocrity related phrases... Hmmmmmm...

Pay peanuts sign monkeys... occasionally get an organ grinder... :wink:

Glad to see that offensive signature has gone though mate!

Edited by BigfinLatic

Just to add to the reviews from the darlo fans - think this is really interesting...

Great comments about Keltie. In fact, I'm more gutted about Keltie leaving than I am missing the playoff final. I liked this guy the first time I saw him and I still rate him highly. He is wasted here to be honest and the abuse he has received would have destroyed a lesser man which says lot about his attitude. In my opinion he is the most talented player in the team and has tremendous scope. Everybody who knows anything about football can see he has potential but unfortunately he gets stick because he is little bit out of the ordinary. Some Darlo fans prefer a 'mix it' run all day player as far as I can tell. I wrote some time ago that this lad is championship level and I got a torrent of abuse aprt from Darlo Pete. Looks like a higher level is now a distinct possibility. The fact that the sublime John Sheridan (great holding midfielder) is interested (nuff said). In fact, he reminds me of Sheridan a lot although slightly less refined. Good brain on him. Only criticism is that he does try the odd Hollywood ball from time to time. All credit for Penney for sticking by him although I suggest Martin Gray is probably has played a part in this decision too.

Interesting stuff... remind you or a certain Mr Wellens anyone...?

Darlo Forum Linky...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Just to add to the reviews from the darlo fans - think this is really interesting...

Interesting stuff... remind you or a certain Mr Wellens anyone...?

Darlo Forum Linky...

Hopefully he's thick skinned - if League Two fans have that opinion about him who knows what ours would say?

Certainly sounds like one who would divide opinion.