Sunday People

Guest oa_exile
Anyone get the people?? Lashers reporting Taylor set to sign 300K!!!

Posted ont t'other thread

We can now also cross the Lashers off the interested list as they signed on loan Adam Hammill from Liverpool.

It goes on to say: "Manager John Sheridan wants more for the player, but the club's owners are believed to want the money to balance the books."

They really do have sources deep within the club.

Or they are making it up based on internet tittle-tattle.

I wouldn't sell for 300k and I don't think TTA will, but in reality the valuation is probably about right.....The Trotman fee was based on potential but I don't think Chris is going to improve much now and more or less what you see is what you get!

I think playing him on the left for the last couple of years has helped him become 'Mr Versatile' and I think he's just a very good 1st Div player who would probably be average in the championship.

Playing him at RW may even have doubled his transfer value but perhaps we'll never know now!

The only good thing to come from his sale is that this ridiculous insistence of Shez playing him on the left would come to an end and we could at least make some progress with the balance of our team!!!

I wouldn't sell for 300k and I don't think TTA will, but in reality the valuation is probably about right.....The Trotman fee was based on potential but I don't think Chris is going to improve much now and more or less what you see is what you get!

I think playing him on the left for the last couple of years has helped him become 'Mr Versatile' and I think he's just a very good 1st Div player who would probably be average in the championship.

Playing him at RW may even have doubled his transfer value but perhaps we'll never know now!

The only good thing to come from his sale is that this ridiculous insistence of Shez playing him on the left would come to an end and we could at least make some progress with the balance of our team!!!

i think taylor would improve if sheriden played him in his natural position :grin:

The People also says Eardley's going to Blackburn for £3m. Obviously massive pinch of salt for both stories but there's no way Eardley's worth 10 times as much as Taylor.

The People's "Football Writers" are also asked to make their predictions about who is going up & down from each division. Amongst the gems these writers have come up when asked to name 3 teams from League 2 who will get relegated one opted for Chester, Dagenham & Redbridge :lol: Another plumped for Rochdale :o

Even thugh I get the paper myself, they seem to know bugger all about life outside the Premiership so take whatever you read with a huge pinch of salt.

but in reality the valuation is probably about right

What reality is that exactly ???

I would be VERY surprised if he goes for as little as £300k..... Considering the amounts the owners have plowed into the club and are commited to putting in the coming years I very much doubt they would be intrested in a pitful £300k for a young player we realie on so much. I just cant see the number being that small. I cant see them doing business until that number hits £700k+....

We have are best chance in about 5 years of getting out of this :censored: hole of a league. We will always be a selling club, all small clubs will be, but at the moment I wouldnt be considering letting players go unless an offer came in which outstripped there contribution. For me Chris is worth more to the team than £300k....