On the booze on Tuesday

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's drinking in Rochdale pre match and where?

Me, I'll be finishing work about 3, getting into the war zone for about 4.30 ish and getting on it!! Not quite decided which of the many fine hostelries(!) yet though.....

:drinking:

Mr. Snookmeister, I'm planning pretty much the same, will you be travelling from The Boro?

Who's drinking in Rochdale pre match and where?

Me, I'll be finishing work about 3, getting into the war zone for about 4.30 ish and getting on it!! Not quite decided which of the many fine hostelries(!) yet though.....

:drinking:

Can't finish work til at least 4.30, and have taken the Wednesday off...... But am a bit hesitant to go anywhere near Rochdale to drink after discussions on tother thread about this :blink:

Can't finish work til at least 4.30, and have taken the Wednesday off...... But am a bit hesitant to go anywhere near Rochdale to drink after discussions on tother thread about this :blink:

I know what you mean. I was talking to a Bolton supporting pal of mine earlier this week. He said when Dale played the Trotters a few weeks ago in a pre-saeson friendly, both Dale and Bolton's yoofs were going at it all day!!!

He also said a lad he knew went into the Woolpack (top of Drake st, near MFI) and got a shotgun pulled on him!!!!!

Serves him right for going into one of the roughest pubs in the North West though!!!

:rifle:

Rubbish Mads.. that only gives you 3 hours drinking time! How on earth will you cope? :wink:

A mate of mine is a Dirty Leeds fan but he thought he’s take his little lad to a Halifax game for his first one as he thought Elland Road might be a bit scary for him so he took him over to Dale. He was a bit surprised to find dozens of them at it all the way up Yorkshire Street, it does go on. It will be a prize pay day for the Dibble though, there will be thick trails of doughnut crumbs from the town centre to the turnstyles. I’m definitely tempted to have a couple in town to get into the swing of things.

I know what you mean. I was talking to a Bolton supporting pal of mine earlier this week. He said when Dale played the Trotters a few weeks ago in a pre-saeson friendly, both Dale and Bolton's yoofs were going at it all day!!!

He also said a lad he knew went into the Woolpack (top of Drake st, near MFI) and got a shotgun pulled on him!!!!!

Serves him right for going into one of the roughest pubs in the North West though!!!

:shock:

No need for shotguns at a friendly now is there.....

There was a bit of trouble, but no one who wasnt out looking for it was involved. Which is why I dont see the need for anyone to worry. The main incident happened on Spotland estate whilst the game was on and by all reports it was nothing more than a bouncing and dancing competition in the middle of the road.

As for the Woolpack........ :lol::lol: Rough isnt the word. The type of place you walk in and straight back out. :shock: Gypo Pub. What do you expect!

Like i've said elsewhere. So long as you dont go looking for it or feel the need to eye everyone up and start acting a balloon, then you'll be fine. Same as anywhere.

The way some are going on. They're making it out like you're on a certainty to come home with a black eye from the big bad scary rochdale yoof. Yes there are some dodgy area's around the town and dodgy pubs, but It's not The Old Den, Cardiff, Maine Road, etc. A Tuesday afternoon in the town centre and you'll be fine. Football match or not. Regal, Yates's, Litten, etc.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I think we need a bit of perspective here!!! This is Rochdale not Cardiff or Millwall!! It's really no worse than Oldham, in fact I have seen less trouble in Rochdale over the years than I have in Oldham!

Im just concerned about which firearms the locals may call on for a game of such magnitude......

I think we need a bit of perspective here!!! This is Rochdale not Cardiff or Millwall!! It's really no worse than Oldham, in fact I have seen less trouble in Rochdale over the years than I have in Oldham!

Exactly. Infact, i'd be more bothered about tomorrow or next saturday than tuesday.

its stupid this talk how can people tell whether your from oldham or rochdale if u dont wear colours

Again, exactly. Which is why Dale have started panicking a little now it's come out we've sold 2/3's of the away end and it's not exactly hard to get in the home end's seeing as it's pay on the day. Unless you're wearing colours.

Im just concerned about which firearms the locals may call on for a game of such magnitude......

Sniper's are hiding in the corner of every pub waiting for any Latics fan who dare's going into their pub. :disguise:

The pub in question was/is a pikey/tinker/gypo whatever you want to call them pub. Like Traxx wine bar on Drake Street. Which explains everything. Queue frankly calling me a racist for not calling them "travellers"

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Exactly. Infact, i'd be more bothered about tomorrow or next saturday than tuesday.

Tomorrow will be fine. We've been told on here before, us and Millwall are cool :wink:

That might have changed after someone decided to score a hat trick in their bag yard though :lol:

Again, exactly. Which is why Dale have started panicking a little now it's come out we've sold 2/3's of the away end and it's not exactly hard to get in the home end's seeing as it's pay on the day. Unless you're wearing colours.

Take a bow GMP.....

FFS fellas !!!! - this is Rochdale not the Bronx !! - have lived here many years and altho many of the pubs are mingin and unwelcoming there are many many tougher ones in Oldham to be sure !. Most Dale fans I know are decent folk who are really looking foward to the banter and welcome the opportunity to share a few scoops with us Biffos !. the so called Rochdale Yoof are a small bunch of spotty teenagers aged 15/16/17 who probably havnt started shaving yet and are still waiting for their balls to drop, never mind have their first pint ! - no worries about them !. No real Dale fans will be looking for trouble. Rochdale, like any town, has its share of neanderthal deadlegs but I seriously dont thing that there will be any probs in town centre due to GMP and the massed ranks of Latics fans that we see on most away days will be safe. A few all day drinkers who arrive early doors and get tanked up might antagonise a few but the same applies to anytown anytime !. No need for any worries folks - Rochdale certainly aint this wild frontier town that its being painted as !!. Mind you - avoid the Highland Laddie near failange on the way to Spotland .... now that probably is the Bronx !!. Good call earlier on previous thread - Dog and Partridge or Elephant and Castle further up Bury Rd - decent pubs with no trouble and still walking distance from Spotland. All together now ' Oh when the bluuueeesssss......'

It is a bit odd that there is so much worry about this when a couple of thousand of us are going to be walking through a crowd of Millwall tomorrow on the way out from seeing Hughesy sink them with his first 12 goals of the season.

As for how they will tell Latics from Dale fans – erm, I would say that the Latics will say, “buzz,” instead of, “bus,” but as there are hundreds of Rochdalian Latics even that won’t work...

Mind you - avoid the Highland Laddie near failange on the way to Spotland .... now that probably is the Bronx !!. Good call earlier on previous thread - Dog and Partridge or Elephant and Castle further up Bury Rd - decent pubs with no trouble and still walking distance from Spotland. All together now ' Oh when the bluuueeesssss......'

You only have to take one look at Falinge and the flats at the back of the Highland Pub, to see its not exactly the place to settle down for an afternoon on the lash. All the pubs on there I wouldnt recommend.

Walking to the ground from town centre you only have three choices. Taxi (which will rip you off). A walk through Falinge or go under the subway towards and Past Asda and follow the road round past the Potato Factory, etc. The latters the safest route seeing as Falinge is full of smackheads and deadbeats. It's probably the quickest as well. There is one saving grace in Falinge though. A chippy on the corner further down towards the ground which the last time I was in, a few months back was about a quid for pie, chips, pea's and gravy. Probably shut now, seeing as it more than likely never actually made any money.

As for how they will tell Latics from Dale fans â€â€œ erm, I would say that the Latics will say, “buzz,†instead of, “bus,†but as there are hundreds of Rochdalian Latics even that won’t work...

That and the Oldhamer's can actually say there h's rather than "Not 'appy me. I'm goin 'ome. I've 'ad anuff"

They'll probably get you to sing "keef 'ills barmy army". or "we 'ate berry"

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Am working in town anyway on Tuesday so am going for a few drinks here and then heading over to the Dale for the game. It's easier anyway, and bearing in mind I've never been to the Dale and don't know my way around...it sounds safer than chancing it and ending up somewhere I'd probably rather stay away from...

FFS fellas !!!! - this is Rochdale not the Bronx !! - have lived here many years and altho many of the pubs are mingin and unwelcoming there are many many tougher ones in Oldham to be sure !. Most Dale fans I know are decent folk who are really looking foward to the banter and welcome the opportunity to share a few scoops with us Biffos !. the so called Rochdale Yoof are a small bunch of spotty teenagers aged 15/16/17 who probably havnt started shaving yet and are still waiting for their balls to drop, never mind have their first pint ! - no worries about them !. No real Dale fans will be looking for trouble. Rochdale, like any town, has its share of neanderthal deadlegs but I seriously dont thing that there will be any probs in town centre due to GMP and the massed ranks of Latics fans that we see on most away days will be safe. A few all day drinkers who arrive early doors and get tanked up might antagonise a few but the same applies to anytown anytime !. No need for any worries folks - Rochdale certainly aint this wild frontier town that its being painted as !!. Mind you - avoid the Highland Laddie near failange on the way to Spotland .... now that probably is the Bronx !!. Good call earlier on previous thread - Dog and Partridge or Elephant and Castle further up Bury Rd - decent pubs with no trouble and still walking distance from Spotland. All together now ' Oh when the bluuueeesssss......'

This thread hasn't quite gone the way I intended!! But then I suppose it's my own fault for mentioned alleged firearms incidents!!

I'll probably do the usual town centre boozers then maybe go up to the D&P or the E&C for a few more looseners.....get the ole vocal chords in shape for a zigga zagga or two!!

This thread hasn't quite gone the way I intended!! But then I suppose it's my own fault for mentioned alleged firearms incidents!!

I'm glad you started the thread, it has exposed the horrific levels of racial intolerance that exists towards Rochdalians.

I will say as someone who has lived slap bang between the two that Oldham is, on average, rougher than Dale. Not that the comparison says a great deal for either of them.

I'm glad you started the thread, it has exposed the horrific levels of racial intolerance that exists towards Rochdalians.

I will say as someone who has lived slap bang between the two that Oldham is, on average, rougher than Dale. Not that the comparison says a great deal for either of them.

The bottom line, as we all know, is that it's no different from anywhere else really, there's places you go and places you don't.

The Dog & Partridge is usually good for overdressed gash on a weekend. Let's hope it's the same on a Tuesday!! More in blind hope than expectation........

The bottom line, as we all know, is that it's no different from anywhere else really, there's places you go and places you don't.

The Dog & Partridge is usually good for overdressed gash on a weekend. Let's hope it's the same on a Tuesday!! More in blind hope than expectation........

Never mind, you can always go back by train and pay a visit to the world's ugliest crack-whore if all else fails :wink: