• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said TTA.

It's a shame the police have taken the step of requiring more segregation - I'd have thought they'd realise Millwall was a bit of a special case.

On the standing, this isn't just the club being awkward - it is illegal and can land the club in alot of trouble.

(for frig's sake)...

Fishal

1) Is there a family area now? If not set up one side of the Chaddy as a family area.

2) Stick a freaking net up between the two sets of fans. I mean they have the Cardiff fans right next to you at their place, with just a net up.

3) Stop moaning about this :censored: and get proactive. But, at the same moment, realise that the lifeblood of the club are those fans you are having a go at.

(for frig's sake)...

Fishal

Sorry, but that's bollocks. They need to introduce segregation because they realised that having a small gap between us and Millwall, or similar scum, is obviously dodgy, not because people were standing up or swearing. No doubt some people found the atmosphere a bit robust, but then maybe they picked the wrong stand to be in? Plenty of time to change seats or stand(just moving further to the right would do the trick), no hard feelings necessary. It's been publicised as a new home end, it has away fans next to it and it's even got a :censored:ing big drum there, what did people expect?

The point about standing in front of disabled areas is fair enough, the rest is a load of rubbish. That said, I'm sure I saw Reading introduced raised platforms for disabled fans so they could see when people stood up.

The club need to be practical like that...people aren't going to sit down all game and will stand at points. Please, please, please, accept the status quo and adapt to it, rather than just ask people to sit because having a go at the fans does no good at all, especially when they're not going to listen.

After reading that I just can't believe our own fans have made complaints about people who want to get off their old moaning arses and make a decent atmosphere at the club. I wish they would go and support another club.

We should all just follow their lead and shout "bloody hell Shez, sort em out" or "come on latics this is :censored:e" instead of actually singing and having a bit of banter with away fans.

Just on a note, what does everyone think "a bit of banter is"?

After sitting in the section next to the wall fans i thought that was just a bit of banter, Ok the occassional pie and plastic bottle went over but chirst alive, there were hardly bricks and seats flying about.

NOTE TO SUPPORERS WHO COMPLAINED

GO TO THE MAIN STAND AND SIT THERE AND MOAN, I'M SURE YOU WILL JUST FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

Pathetic.

thats an absolute joke. as ive said before, show me another ground with a big feckin moat seperating the fans..

not the fault off tta this its the police and petty parents, simply move 20 yards to the right. dont get me started on swearing, theyre just words. obviously i wouldnt advocate my lad calling an adult a :censored: or standing on his seat and shouting 'OI MILLWALL :censored: OFF' or anything racist, but are you seriously telling me that kids dont meet up in the playground anymore and tell each other funny swear words? such a gay cotton wool society.

So a section of the'I' block is going to be out of action for segregation.

What are the people with season tickets in these seats going to do????

I suspect 150/200 people will have to go back to the ticket office and find a new seat.

( i always thaught that buying a season ticket meant you didn't have to go to the ticket office every week to get home tickets).

Just make the stand unreserved theres enough room and everybody can sit with who they want

thats an absolute joke. as ive said before, show me another ground with a big feckin moat seperating the fans..

not the fault off tta this its the police and petty parents, simply move 20 yards to the right. dont get me started on swearing, theyre just words. obviously i wouldnt advocate my lad calling an adult a :censored: or standing on his seat and shouting 'OI MILLWALL :censored: OFF' or anything racist, but are you seriously telling me that kids dont meet up in the playground anymore and tell each other funny swear words? such a gay cotton wool society.

Homophobe :shock:

:lol:

absolutely laughable.... what strikes me most has that attitudes to supportinga football team really changes that much in the last 10 years? I remmeber when the Roccy road was previously open to home fans it was a sodding free for all... the abuse hurled over 'the pit' was exactly the reason people sat in there.... if you didnt want to be in the middle of that then you moved further to the right.... but the banter in that stand was fantastic, possibly not as moronic as against millwall, but was always entertaining, and why I sat in there.... and why I will do at home games this season....

What exactly were they expecting? Both Oldham officials and supporters... surely as has been said above, if you want to sit and enjoy the game, dont bloody walk out and complain, just shift a bit to the right... I know people get precious over ST seats but sure there is more than enough space... and not exact a different view 20 seats down... plus its the first time you have sat there!

I think in a few games everyone will have got used to it, and moved about to quieter/louder areas, because to make that place a morgue would be very, very pathetic....

So a section of the'I' block is going to be out of action for segregation.

What are the people with season tickets in these seats going to do????

I suspect 150/200 people will have to go back to the ticket office and find a new seat.

( i always thaught that buying a season ticket meant you didn't have to go to the ticket office every week to get home tickets).

Just make the stand unreserved theres enough room and everybody can sit with who they want

Cut back on the small side I suppose. No loss except that it might mean we get swapped over more often as there will be less room for the usual away contingent.

and on further thought, i agreed with the disabled point until i remembered that when teams attack most people tend to stand up so disabled fans dont see the game anyway? sorry but im not buying that. disabled fans never seen a penalty in their lives cos fans stand up when we get one? bollocks.

Yup. Just noticed that too.

What do they expect to happen, people start lobbing food and drink backwards and forwards, people who like to sit down, go and sit near the Wall fans get caught up in the ensuing verbals across the moat and dont like what is going on and think, "I know, instead of sitting across the stand, to a quieter seat, ill walk out and forget about the money i have just spent on a season ticket/ticket because some ruffian was stood up"

if thats the case how come we dont hear about that at away games????

and on further thought, i agreed with the disabled point until i remembered that when teams attack most people tend to stand up so disabled fans dont see the game anyway? sorry but im not buying that. disabled fans never seen a penalty in their lives cos fans stand up when we get one? bollocks.

I am a wheelchair user and the Rochdale road end is utter tripe for people who cannot stand. It is a fact that when people get excited they stand up and the end result is myself and others are sat looking into the back of people's heads instead of watching the action. Who is to blame for this ? Well Latics could have used a bit of brain power when the stand was built and give the wheelchair users a raised platform to view the game from but they didnt and once the stand was built we found ourselves with a like it or lump it situation. One can only hope that if and when the new stand gets built we will be given some decent facilities because the ones on offer are quite poor to be honest.

I am a wheelchair user and the Rochdale road end is utter tripe for people who cannot stand. It is a fact that when people get excited they stand up and the end result is myself and others are sat looking into the back of people's heads instead of watching the action. Who is to blame for this ? Well Latics could have used a bit of brain power when the stand was built and give the wheelchair users a raised platform to view the game from but they didnt and once the stand was built we found ourselves with a like it or lump it situation. One can only hope that if and when the new stand gets built we will be given some decent facilities because the ones on offer are quite poor to be honest.

I'm surprised by this, I'm sure the away fans used to rate it's wheelchair facilities as among the best? Maybe the proper spots are in the small section? Doubt any Millwall fans in chairs saw a lot in that case.

I can understand disabled fans complaining and I'm not sure if I mentioned it in an earlier post but it did come to mind when the club decided to make it attractive for home fans to move to thr RRE and if it came to my mind then surely it should have come to the decision makers mind (if not then maybe we need some additional ones) and I wouldn't be surprised if those disabled fans who have been located their for ages didn't mention it. Its quite simple really move the disabled section somewhere else or put them on a riased platform or move the home fans down a few rows that way if fans are standing (which I think they should be entitled to do they won't block the view). The area nearest the gap doesn't strike me as having the best view and if people who are in that section who don't like the standing and 'bad' language I'm sure they can move (and I'm sure some people would swap seats) although why they thought being nearest the away fans would be a good idea if they didn't like it is beyond me. As to additional segregation I can't see any opposition fans bringing enough to fill the small section since if we thought they might we'd give the the big section anyway. Therefore its obvious where the segregation should go but this club doesn't strike me as having a lot of common sense when it comes to the RRE at the mo. Plus OK if the club don't want us to behave badly maybe they should start in the directors box where I had a great view of a home director (who I think was one of TTA) sitting with his feet up on the wooden barrier in contradiction to health and safety laws. I know that H&S laws apply to everyone in the ground not just the paying fans but the owners of the respective clubs too. Plus if maybe the club bothered with some better stewards the problems would have been dealt with in this probable one of case.

if that is the case the i sincerely apologise. thats really bad i also assumed this was accounted for at the building of the stand. the latics in charge at that time are clearly to blame, who was it? best not be bates! i doubt this would be a problem if the new stands are built.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is an area for wheelchair users at the front of the Chaddy End on the Broadway side.